Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW Service Inclusive packages start at Rs. 0.97 per km for 3-Series & X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMachine View Post
I recently purchased X1 sDrive20d
Congrats on acquiring JOY!

Quote:
I need your help to decide whether to opt for it or not. My yearly usage would be max 10K kms.
If you wish to hold car for longer, 10 years / 1 Lakh kms BSI package is best VFM.

If you decide against BSI, without fail do get 4 years extended warranty or how much period you will keep the car.

Quote:
I'm sedate driver with occasional burst of adrenaline which will need sports mode.
Don't forget to tap Gear Lever towards left to engage M/S mode. Else gearbox be putting a leash on engine. With both engine & gearbox in Sports mode you will unleash full potential of engine.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 11:35   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Congrats on acquiring JOY!

If you wish to hold car for longer, 10 years / 1 Lakh kms BSI package is best VFM.

Don't forget to tap Gear Lever towards left to engage M/S mode. Else gearbox be putting a leash on engine. With both engine & gearbox in Sports mode you will unleash full potential of engine.
Thanks mate. I was told by dealer that for new purchase, the maximum coverage is for 5 years which can be renewed thereafter for additional 5 years.

I'm contemplating to go for 3 years BSI initially. I intend to keep the car for max 5 years and look for upgrade later. I'll definitely extend warranty as well to 5 years.

Thanks for M/S suggestion. I did try out albiet for a very short burst. I'm planning for an outstation trip this weekend so will definitely do justice to it
Old 16th October 2019, 19:18   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

My first service is scheduled for tomorrow.
I assume regular external washing and interior cleaning is covered in the BSI Plus.
Can someone confirm?
Old 16th October 2019, 21:00   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I assume regular external washing and interior cleaning is covered in the BSI Plus.
Can someone confirm?
Depends on the dealer. I usually get it complimentary. It will depend on your dealership I guess. If they don’t, get it detailed from 3M.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 21:19   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can someone confirm?
It is not covered under BSI. But as Turbanator mentioned, this depends on the dealership. In the two oil services I got done for my GT, they washed it. But when I went for the brake pad change, they did not wash it.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 23:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone confirm?
BSI doesn't cover car washing and interior cleaning.

None the less, BMW Infinity Cars, Turbhe washed and cleaned interior of X1 every time it visited workshop free of charge.

Depends on dealer completely.

During your service, say no to additives which dealers usually push.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 10:59   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Depends on the dealer. I usually get it complimentary. It will depend on your dealership I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
In the two oil services I got done for my GT, they washed it. But when I went for the brake pad change, they did not wash it.
Quote:
BSI doesn't cover car washing and interior cleaning.

None the less, BMW Infinity Cars, Turbhe washed and cleaned interior of X1 every time it visited workshop free of charge.

Depends on dealer completely.

During your service, say no to additives which dealers usually push.

Thanks guys!
The SA said washing will be on paid basis. I asked them to include it as complimentary, he was reluctant, then said they wll only do topwash, no foam, no interior cleaning. I expressed my disappointment on this and then eventually he did the exterior washing and interior cleaning free.

BTW, it seems they set oil change interval to 12000km instead of 13000km which was what the car came set with. Any clue why? I am going to ask them.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 11:20   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I expressed my disappointment on this and then eventually he did the exterior washing and interior cleaning free.

BTW, it seems they set oil change interval to 12000km instead of 13000km which was what the car came set with. Any clue why? I am going to ask them.
Ha!! The haggling one has to do to get a wash

The oil change interval is indeed 12000 km or one year. And this will keep reducing as you keep driving the car and eventually reduce to around 10000 kilometers. I am surprised your car came with 13000 set as interval. My GT came with 12000 set on delivery.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 15:32   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I am surprised your car came with 13000 set as interval. My GT came with 12000 set on delivery.
Strange! I called the SA - he also said 12000 is standard and how my car had it set to 13000 in PDI he doesn't know!

BTW, it actually helped me - I did Pune Lansdowne Pune roadtrip recently which was 3600km total. When I decided to do this trip, the iDrive was showing 3400km to oil change. When I came back it was showing 90km to oil change. If the car had come with 12000km oil change interval, this trip wouldn't have fit in! The ODO was at 11643 when the oil change was done.
Old 18th October 2019, 23:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Default is 12,000 Kms or 1 year.

All depends on your way of driving and conditions driven. Drive pedal to metal, it will reduce to as low as 6,000 kms. Drive sedately and it will extend beyond a year.

Quote:
I did Pune Lansdowne Pune roadtrip recently which was 3600km total.
Any travelogue?

If not do share route you took, halts and some pics.
Old 24th October 2019, 12:47   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Any travelogue?

If not do share route you took, halts and some pics.

Yes, will write one.
Horrible roads in most places, the low slung sedan and the RFTs braved through everything - craters, water logging, steep ghats with hairpins with mid corner potholes and refueled at any pump that I came across in the interiors of MP, RJ, HR, UP, UK - just regular petrol, nothing fancy. The 248 BHP direct injection turbopetrol didn't miss a beat
Old 18th November 2019, 21:34   #57

I recently purchased a X1(E84) of 2013 make. Is it possible to take BMW Service Inclusive Packages on it? If yes, what would be the approximate cost and should I take it? Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 05:07   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipinprasad View Post
I recently purchased a X1(E84) of 2013 make. Is it possible to take BMW Service Inclusive Packages on it? If yes, what would be the approximate cost and should I take it? Thanks
Recently, when I had visited BMW for getting my GT serviced, the service manager mentioned that they have introduced BSI packages for older cars. Unlike the regular BSI packages that get applied from the date of purchase of the car, these new packages become active from the date of purchase of the package. But I did not get details on the cost. I would suggest you to check with BMW dealership and get the price list for this package. You can make the choice based on the price.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 11:25   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Strange! I called the SA - he also said 12000 is standard and how my car had it set to 13000 in PDI he doesn't know! If the car had come with 12000km oil change interval, this trip wouldn't have fit in! The ODO was at 11643 when the oil change was done.
A point to note since you have bought the BSI pack. iDrive would start prompting you for an oil change once you are left with a 2000 km range. Ideally it makes sense in getting it done closer to the reading reaching the 0 km mark but never over it i.e. having covered more than the kms specified and still running it without the oil change.

As part of BSI, BMW allows you to get the oil changed anytime after you have reached the 2000 km mark. Over a long term ownership period this helps you in two ways:
1. You effectively get an oil change done at every 10k kms mark instead of the 12k kms mark which is better for your engine (Why run on old oil when you can run on new).

2. If you keep adding the 2k kms for every 10k kms you drive, effectively you get an extra free oil service during your BSI pack in 5 years.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 12:53   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

2. If you keep adding the 2k kms for every 10k kms you drive, effectively you get an extra free oil service during your BSI pack in 5 years.

True . I want to fully utilize the car and the package for next 5 years, for sure. Another advantage of BSI+ is you get to see how inflated the rates are. The service bill for a car without BSI is much higher than the same car with same age but with BSI.

So the inflated prices do 2 things:
1. They loot customers who have no package
2. Create the fear in the market that BSI is necessary by quoting super high prices for all parts and labour.

I also need to decide about BRI - the fact that suspension components and battery are covered in BRI makes me keep thinking about it. Now that my car is 11 months old, I am thinking the BRI prices applicable to my car now will remain the same (more or less) for another year(?) Any advice?

Last edited by anandpadhye : 19th November 2019 at 12:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks