Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2019, 00:04   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW Service Inclusive packages start at Rs. 0.97 per km for 3-Series & X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
2L for 5yr / 80K kms is a steal! That's only 40K per year, while min expenditure per year is going to be 25K plus just for oil changes!

The prices quoted per service are slightly inflated (say 20-30%) but not by too much. But you are highly likely to get more than 5 oil changes at 80K kms, and more than 2 sets of brake pads. With this pack, you are free to enjoy your car to the fullest while not having to worry about accelerated replacements for wear and tear items.
Thanks. Yes assuming annual service is flagged by the CBS every 11000km instead 13000, I may need 7 oil changes in 80,000km in which case the BSI will help. Same with brakes - if the pads have short life, I may need more than 1 replacement. And I do plan to use the car fully. Looking forward to driving her all across the country

Quote:

I wish BMW had such service packages for older cars too, without having to pay for previous services. Like for my 5 yr old car, if I have to get a service pack, I have to pay for the 10 yr plan to get the next 5 years of services.
That's weird! They should make if available on pro-rata basis. How much have you clocked in 5 years? Do you have an ownership thread on the forum? Would love to read your experiences.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 1st June 2019 at 00:06.
Old 3rd June 2019, 14:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
That's weird! They should make if available on pro-rata basis. How much have you clocked in 5 years? Do you have an ownership thread on the forum? Would love to read your experiences.
I just picked it up (pre-owned) a month and a half ago at 33K KMs and have put about 1500km on the odo in the last 45 days. I will definitely be putting up a review once I spend a little more time with it.
Old 5th June 2019, 21:55   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BSI Plus for 5 YRS/80,000KM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Rear brake pads(pair): ~28000
Front brake discs aka rotors (pair): ~40000
Rear brake discs aka rotors (pair): ~42000
Wiper blades: ~8500

Over 5 years and 80,000km of running, I was told the following expenses would generally occur:
Annual servicing: 5 times
Front and rear brake pads: would need to be replaced twice
Front and rear brake discs: would need to be replaced once
Wiper blades: 5 (yearly)
Brake oil change: twice (every 2 years)
So I chose the BSI Plus for 5 YRS/80,000KM for 1.99L.
Got the BSI Plus registered. Just saw in the document that it covers spark plugs as well!

I remember my Laura 1.8 TSI spark plugs were ~Rs2000 each. Any idea how much the 330i ones would be?
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 22:04   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Like for my 5 yr old car, if I have to get a service pack, I have to pay for the 10 yr plan to get the next 5 years of services. Ridiculous and totally unnecessary. Why can't they just price plans according to the services remaining?.
There are maintenance packs that start from the date of your purchase of the particular pack and not from date of start of warranty. Many dealers are not aware. Recheck with your dealer or give more details of your car, I will get you exact information for your car. So an example, these are for a particular car that my friend bought preowned.

1.New Car BSI Plus :-

BSI Plus 3yr40,000km- Rs 152810/- (start from the date of warranty start date)

2.Only BRI Extended warranty Package : -

BRI Ext Warranty 3rd yr./200,000km = Rs78824/-(another 1 year warranty upgrade )

BRI Ext Warranty 4th yr./200,000km = Rs 173932/-(another 2 year warranty upgrade )

3. Used Car Plus package –Start from the date of purchase

BSI Plus 3yr40,000km- Rs 290044/-

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th June 2019 at 22:07.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 03:15   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
There are maintenance packs that start from the date of your purchase of the particular pack and not from date of start of warranty. Many dealers are not aware. Recheck with your dealer or give more details of your car, I will get you exact information for your car. So an example, these are for a particular car that my friend bought preowned.

1.New Car BSI Plus :-

BSI Plus 3yr40,000km- Rs 152810/- (start from the date of warranty start date)

2.Only BRI Extended warranty Package : -

BRI Ext Warranty 3rd yr./200,000km = Rs78824/-(another 1 year warranty upgrade )

BRI Ext Warranty 4th yr./200,000km = Rs 173932/-(another 2 year warranty upgrade )

3. Used Car Plus package –Start from the date of purchase

BSI Plus 3yr40,000km- Rs 290044/-
Thanks for the insight.
For the Used Car Plus package –Start from the date of purchase, does the car need to be bought via BMW used car dealer only (BMW preowned department)?
Also when you say purchase date i presume it refer to the date the preowned car purchase was made. (not the purchase date of the 1st owner)
Lastly is the price quoted for 320d or some other BMW model?

Last edited by nikhil_pon : 6th June 2019 at 03:17.
Old 6th June 2019, 10:27   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I just picked it up (pre-owned) a month and a half ago at 33K KMs and have put about 1500km on the odo in the last 45 days.
My service advisor had told me that any service pack that I would purchase would start from the original date of purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
Thanks for the insight.
For the Used Car Plus package –Start from the date of purchase, does the car need to be bought via BMW used car dealer only (BMW preowned department)?
Also when you say purchase date i presume it refer to the date the preowned car purchase was made. (not the purchase date of the 1st owner)
Replying to your PM @d3mon & query of nikhil_pon

There are new Service packages available on any BMW car, age should not matter and nor it's mandatory that this has to be via BMW dealer/ pass through 360-degree check. This is NOT a Warranty Extension but Just the service pack which will begin from the date of sales of this pack. Purchase date of the car - new or second hand will not matter, so you can buy this service pack when your car actually shows the service due reminder

Quote:
Lastly is the price quoted for 320d or some other BMW model?
M4

Prices are mentioned in the first page at this post, just add 18 % GST.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4570526 (BMW Service Inclusive packages start at Rs. 0.97 per km for 3-Series & X1)
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 16:35   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Customs duty on imported spares increased in today's budget?
Of all the parts that are covered in BSI Plus (engine oil, oil filter, air filter, wipers, brake pads and discs), which ones are imported and which ones are made in India?
Old 29th July 2019, 02:30   #38
BHPian

Hi guys, could you help me clarfiy - if I'm buying a used car (320d) from BMW Premium Selection with no previous BSI, and I buy a new package. Would that be valid from date of new purchase, or date of manufacture?

Last edited by zebanaff : 29th July 2019 at 02:35.
Old 29th July 2019, 02:55   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebanaff View Post
Hi guys, could you help me clarfiy - if I'm buying a used car (320d) from BMW Premium Selection with no previous BSI, and I buy a new package. Would that be valid from date of new purchase, or date of manufacture?
There are some new packages that start from the Date of Purchase, double-check with your dealership.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 07:37   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebanaff View Post
Usually, if you get a new BSI package on a car that did not have any BSI before, the date would apply from the date of the first registration/invoice. As Turbanator mentioned, there may be some packages that start from the day you buy the package (I was not aware of this). Discuss with your dealer in detail.
Old 18th September 2019, 23:18   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Attaching prices for the entire BMW line-up (effective April 3, 2019). Prices exclusive of taxes

Petrol first month:
Attachment 1865924

Diesel first month:
Attachment 1865926

Petrol late sale:
Attachment 1865925

Diesel late sale:
Attachment 1865927

Business package:
Attachment 1865928

Used car:
Attachment 1865929

EDIT

It means the prices if you purchase after 1 month of buying the car.
Any idea if one can buy these even if you bought your car a year back ??
Old 19th September 2019, 05:26   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokJain View Post
Yes. Even if you bought your car a year back, you can buy BSI. But the BSI will apply from the date of registration of the car. So, if you get a 3 year BSI package after one year, you will effectively have only 2 years of BSI left on the date of purchase. Any oil service you may have done before the purchase of BSI will not be adjusted in the BSI amount.

EDIT: I think I misread your question. Now I realize your question is if this price is applicable if you buy it after a year. I don't have an answer to that.

Last edited by graaja : 19th September 2019 at 05:28.
Old 19th September 2019, 07:22   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokJain View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
But the BSI will apply from the date of registration of the car. So, if you get a 3 year BSI package after one year, you will effectively have only 2 years of BSI left on the date of purchase.
Currently, BMW does have some maintenance packages that starts from the date of purchase of maintenance pack. So an example, if you buy a 3 Year- 40km pack on a one year old car with 15 K odo, your pack will be start from the day you buy. So in this case, validity will be until your odo reaches 55K or 4 years.

In fact, you can ask dealer to activate the pack just before the service is due so you can use these for maximum
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 15:36   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Currently, BMW does have some maintenance packages that starts from the date of purchase of maintenance pack. So an example, if you buy a 3 Year- 40km pack on a one year old car with 15 K odo, your pack will be start from the day you buy. So in this case, validity will be until your odo reaches 55K or 4 years.

In fact, you can ask dealer to activate the pack just before the service is due so you can use these for maximum
I checked with Delhi dealer.
Late plan : For my 1 yr old 330i that i am buying it is 80200+GST for 3yr / 40K of which 1 yr is gone.

Fresh plan is 3 yrs / 30k for 1.45 Lcs
I need to be mad to go for either.
AlokJain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 12:40   #45
BHPian

I recently purchased X1 sDrive20d and now contemplating buying BSI. I need your help to decide whether to opt for it or not. My yearly usage would be max 10K kms. I'm sedate driver with occasional burst of adrenaline which will need sports mode. 95% of drive is on good tarmac roads.

Any suggestions on BSI? Below is what I received from dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW Service Inclusive packages start at Rs. 0.97 per km for 3-Series & X1-bmwx1.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks