Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2019, 02:06   #31
BHPian
 
jaaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 548
Thanked: 397 Times
Default

Now, everyone's faq, What will be the effect of BS 4 Fuel, running in a BS 6 compliant engine. Will it affect the engine or it's just the exhaust system.

NCR vehicle owners have been experiencing both the fuels in BS 4 Cars, but now onwards, it'll be like downgraded fuel, once they go out of NCR.
jaaz is offline  
Old 27th April 2019, 10:19   #32
Distinguished - BHPian
 
volkman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 17,881
Thanked: 43,453 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
[--
The Internationally exported baleno comes with the same engine,

--
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
But the engine specifications for the 1.2 DualJet Hybrid for the Indian market is still not known
-- .
Now revealed, they have show the engine capacity of Dual jet as 1197 cc, with an increase in power.

Weight (GVW) of the Dual jet Variant is >20kg than the regular 1.2 MT variant.

Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched-b1.jpg

Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched-b2.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th April 2019 at 10:25.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 07:13   #33
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 4,708
Thanked: 32,878 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
the new 1.2-litre K12C DualJet with the Smart Hybrid system, and the existing 1.2-litre K12B petrol, which has been upgraded to meet the more stringent emission norms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
.

I am also being told that this new dualjet engine is codenamed the K12N, as opposed to the K12C which is being reported in Media.
Finally Autocar India get their facts right, the new engine is codenamed the K12N and not the K12C as speculated earlier.

Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched-20190606_070450.jpg

Link: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...KX00v2o0-jdvFQ

______________________________________________

Meanwhile, the reason why there is not a single Test drive or video on Youtube for this new engine is that Maruti hasn't allotted any test drive vehicle. Even the dealers are reluctant to stock it and the cars will be available only against booking. Atleast that's the status in most of the dealerships of Delhi NCR and Ranchi.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 16:40   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
pedrolourenco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Margao, Goa
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 1,069 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched

Even the SA's are confused between the Dualjet and the Hybrid. From what I understand the old 1.2 (K12B) has been replaced by the Dualjet 1.2 (K12N) which is available in Hybrid as well as non-hybrid. Correct me if I'm wrong.
pedrolourenco is offline  
Old 12th October 2020, 18:24   #35
BHPian
 
Kpzonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Kannur
Posts: 93
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched

I think K12N is available in baleno with smart hybrid only. Non-hybrid version is available in new dzire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Even the SA's are confused between the Dualjet and the Hybrid. From what I understand the old 1.2 (K12B) has been replaced by the Dualjet 1.2 (K12N) which is available in Hybrid as well as non-hybrid. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Kpzonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 20:32   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
pedrolourenco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Margao, Goa
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 1,069 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpzonwheels View Post
I think K12N is available in baleno with smart hybrid only. Non-hybrid version is available in new dzire.
There is a non-hybrid version of the Baleno. Are you saying it still gets the Non-Dualjet K12B engine?
pedrolourenco is offline  
Old 12th October 2020, 20:45   #37
BHPian
 
Kpzonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Kannur
Posts: 93
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched

No, I am saying that baleno gets K12N engine with smart hybrid only. It doesn't get K12N engine without hybrid. We bought a baleno K12M last year and there were no mention about the hybrid version from SA also they don't stock the K12N with smart hybrid either.It only came with K12M,K12N,K10C petrol engines in 2019.This is what I understood from reading the manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
There is a non-hybrid version of the Baleno. Are you saying it still gets the Non-Dualjet K12B engine?

Last edited by Kpzonwheels : 12th October 2020 at 21:01. Reason: Correcting some mistakes
Kpzonwheels is offline  
Old 12th October 2020, 21:22   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
pedrolourenco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Margao, Goa
Posts: 1,073
Thanked: 1,069 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched

OK this is getting a bit confusing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpzonwheels View Post
No, I am saying that baleno gets K12N engine with smart hybrid only. It doesn't get K12N engine without hybrid.
So if the K12N comes with a hybrid then what is the engine of the Non-Hybrid version of the Baleno?

Quote:
We bought a baleno K12M last year and there were no mention about the hybrid version from SA
Currently Baleno is available in Hybrid and Non-Hybrid versions. Hybrid is limited to the Delta and Zeta variants.

Quote:
also they don't stock the K12N with smart hybrid either.
But the first part of your post says the K12N gets a hybrid.

Quote:
Baleno doesn't came with K12B at anytime.
What engine did the first lot of Baleno's come with. As per Autocar (see earlier post with a table) it is the K12B.

Quote:
It only came with K12M,K12N,K10C petrol engines.This is what I understood from reading the manual.
What I know is the Baleno was launched with a 1.2 engine. Let's call it engine number 1. Then they came with a Dualjet engine (head and manifold changed as per Leosashi's post) which was an upgrade of engine number 1. Let's call it engine number 2. Let's not discuss the K10C which came on the RS.

Now my questions are:
1. What was engine no, 1 called?
2. What was engine no. 2 called?
3. Which engine does the Hybrid come with today?
4. Which engine does the non-Hybrid come with today?

Last edited by pedrolourenco : 12th October 2020 at 21:27.
pedrolourenco is offline  
Old 12th October 2020, 21:30   #39
BHPian
 
Kpzonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Kannur
Posts: 93
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched

Non hybrid version of the baleno comes with K12M engine. Hybrid version comes with K12N. This was the case in 2019. There was no K12B at that time. I don't know about the first lot that came in 2015, whether it is K12M or K12B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
OK this is getting a bit confusing now.


So if the K12N comes with a hybrid then what is the engine of the Non-Hybrid version of the Baleno?


Currently Baleno is available in Hybrid and Non-Hybrid versions. Hybrid is limited to the Delta and Zeta variants.


But the first part of your post says the K12N gets a hybrid.


What engine did the first lot of Baleno's come with.


What I know is the Baleno was launched with a 1.2 engine. Let's call it engine number 1. Then they came with a Dualjet engine which was an upgrade of engine number 1. Let's call it engine number 2. Let's not discuss the K10C which came on the RS.

Now my questions are:
1. What was engine no, 1 called?
2. What was engine no. 2 called?
3. Which engine does the Hybrid come with today?
4. Which engine does the non-Hybrid come with today?
Kpzonwheels is offline  
Old 12th October 2020, 22:23   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Ambala, Haryana
Posts: 104
Thanked: 568 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
OK this is getting a bit confusing now.
Now my questions are:
1. What was engine no, 1 called?
2. What was engine no. 2 called?
3. Which engine does the Hybrid come with today?
4. Which engine does the non-Hybrid come with today?
1. The Baleno was originally launched with the older 84hp K12B, but the engine was renamed K12M with BS6 update.

2. The second engine was a Dualjet, called the K12N.

3. K12N

4. K12M
theAutomaniac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 22:45   #41
BHPian
 
Kpzonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Kannur
Posts: 93
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched

But here in this report written on 2009, it says K12M engine was launched in 2009. I am attaching some pics from the Wikipedia which says baleno hatchback never came with K12B engine and it only came with K12M from 2015 onwards in the non hybrid version. Is this correct??
Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
1. The Baleno was originally launched with the older 84hp K12B, but the engine was renamed K12M with BS6 update.

2. The second engine was a Dualjet, called the K12N.

3. K12N

4. K12M
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.india...ine-p11210/amp
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched-img_20201012_224914.jpg  

Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched-img_20201012_224900.jpg  


Last edited by Kpzonwheels : 12th October 2020 at 22:53.
Kpzonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 18:52   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Ambala, Haryana
Posts: 104
Thanked: 568 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpzonwheels View Post
But here in this report written on 2009, it says K12M engine was launched in 2009. I am attaching some pics from the Wikipedia which says baleno hatchback never came with K12B engine and it only came with K12M from 2015 onwards in the non hybrid version. Is this correct??
Five years into owning a petrol Dzire and I didn't know my car's engine name till now!

Anyways, yes the Wikipedia claim does make sense as it also mentions the Ciaz under the K12B column and that thing is sold in Thailand with a 90hp 1.25L.

So, what I've concluded is that the K12B and the K12C are 1242cc engines. Out of which, the K12B is a normal spec, while the K12C is the dualjet.

For India, the engines are 1197cc and are called K12M and K12N respectively. Out of these, the K12M is the normal engine, while the K12N is the Dualjet.

And, the K12N can be found with and without hybrid in the Baleno and Dzire respectively!

Attaching screenshots from official Maruti website-
Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched-k12m.jpg

Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched-k12n.jpg
theAutomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 19:02   #43
BHPian
 
Kpzonwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Kannur
Posts: 93
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched

Yes, Infact the K12M is the destroked version of the K12B specifically developed for Indian markets to enjoy the lower tax bracket.This is what I understood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Five years into owning a petrol Dzire and I didn't know my car's engine name till now!

Anyways, yes the Wikipedia claim does make sense as it also mentions the Ciaz under the K12B column and that thing is sold in Thailand with a 90hp 1.25L.

So, what I've concluded is that the K12B and the K12C are 1242cc engines. Out of which, the K12B is a normal spec, while the K12C is the dualjet.

For India, the engines are 1197cc and are called K12M and K12N respectively. Out of these, the K12M is the normal engine, while the K12N is the Dualjet.

And, the K12N can be found with and without hybrid in the Baleno and Dzire respectively!

Attaching screenshots from official Maruti website-
Attachment 2067376

Attachment 2067377
Kpzonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 19:59   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,898
Thanked: 2,380 Times
Default Re: Maruti Baleno Smart Hybrid caught testing. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpzonwheels View Post
Yes, Infact the K12M is the destroked version of the K12B specifically developed for Indian markets to enjoy the lower tax bracket.This is what I understood.
K12B is 1242cc and hence does not comply with less than 1200cc petrol engine size for compact car definition. So for lower tax, K12B was de-stroked from 1242cc to 1197cc and named K12M.
K12B and K12C Bore X Stroke : 73mm X 74.2mm.
K12M Bore X Stroke : 73mm X 71.5mm.

Turbocharged K10B engine was named K10C and similarly, turbocharged K14B was named K14C. However, in case of K12, the dualjet got named as K12C.

G13 from Esteem was similarly modified for lower tax benefits into G12 which is available in Super Carry and Eeco.
G13 Bore X Stroke : 74mm X 75.5mm
G12 Bore X Stroke : 71mm X 75.5mm

Note that in case of G12, the bore was reduced and not the stroke.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks