Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2020, 17:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai to bring N performance brand to India

Souped-up Hyundai i30 N Fastback on the cards for India launch

Source: Autocar India

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...splayed-415888

The i30N Fastback is expected to be brought into India as a full import. Hyundai is likely to make the most of new rules that allow manufacturers to import up to 2,500 cars a year without the need for homologation. The Hyundai i30 N Fastback will not have any direct competition, if and when launched in India. While the Hyundai i30 N Fastback will be a low-volume model, it could pave the way for more mass-market products from N in India.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai to bring N performance brand to India-20200205041258_hyundaii30n.jpg  

sechebe is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 18:10   #17
BHPian

I heard that they might launch this in September or towards the year end after the Tucson and Creta launch. Will be interesting to see what price it would be launched.
Old 7th February 2020, 18:57   #18
BHPian

Autocar report shows that its a manual model. I guess I30N doesn't come in an automatic version anywhere in globe. Bringing a manual model, which will cost minimum 20-25 lac ex-showroom, would it bring any sales figures, or even cover transportation cost? Halo product, being in showroom alone, is not going to create any ripples.

In India how many companies are offering their high performance/premium products in manual? Even products like GTI slogged.

I don't think this will ever see light in India!!
Old 13th February 2020, 12:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Autocar report shows that its a manual model. I guess I30N doesn't come in an automatic version anywhere in globe. Bringing a manual model, which will cost minimum 20-25 lac ex-showroom, would it bring any sales figures, or even cover transportation cost? Halo product, being in showroom alone, is not going to create any ripples.

In India how many companies are offering their high performance/premium products in manual? Even products like GTI slogged.

I don't think this will ever see light in India!!
I would think the other way around.

This is pretty much the same size as Verna and probably have the same features if not more. The only changes you would see would be mechanical. So for someone spending 3 or 4 times the current model, assuming the normal version of this would be the Verna, is looking exclusively for the performance. In that category, I don't think you can find a manual enthusiast car in India that pushes more than 200 horses unless you go used or make changes to an existing car.

So for someone like me and probably few others like me, I would love to have a manual car in my stable. Most likely this isn't going to be their only car, this is more of a second car that you would want to drive on the weekends, long drivers or on the track. I don't think even Hyundai is looking to do volumes with this, this is just more of a halo product and even better that it is in manual.
Old 5th March 2020, 15:24   #20
BHPian

Hyundai i20 N teased

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...ml#post4763762
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai to bring N performance brand to India-20200305010429_i20n1.jpg  

sechebe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 16:11   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechebe View Post
Souped-up Hyundai i30 N Fastback on the cards for India launch

Source: Autocar India

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...splayed-415888
The i30 N reminds me of one of my all time favourite hot hatches-The Scirocco!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai to bring N performance brand to India-vwsciroccor2012id61245657typemain.jpg  

Old 24th January 2021, 10:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai’s N-Line brand is headed to India, with the i20 N-Line likely to be launched here in mid-2021.

Quote:
India’s N journey is likely to start with the introduction of the i20 N Line in mid-2021. As in other markets, the car will get the 120hp, 1.0 turbo-petrol with a sportier exhaust and there will be a few changes made to the suspension to give it more agility too. There will also be embellishments on the outside and the inside that will make the car look sportier. Those looking for the N-Line car won’t have to pay too much of a premium over the regular i20; expect it to cost in the vicinity of Rs 12 lakh.
Quote:
Hyundai is also mulling the import of the full-blown 204hp i20 N under the 2,500-car quota scheme. Done to help embellish the brand in India and give it some real street cred, expect prices to fall in the Rs 25 to 30 lakh bracket.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-india-419365
RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 23:03   #23
BHPian

Hyundai to launch N-Line Performance Brand in India By Mid-2021

Hyundai’s N brand is headed to India. Similar to Skoda’s RS, Volkswagen’s GTI or Ford’s RS, the brand celebrates Hyundai’s World Rally Championship success and aims to create fun-to-drive performance cars that are accessible to a wide audience.

The performance brand will enter our market with the N-Line models.
Hyundai India will likely launch the i20 N-Line in mid-2021.
Hyundai also looking at full-blown ‘N cars’ that get more power

Hyundai India’s N journey is likely to start with the introduction of the i20 N Line in mid-2021. As in other markets, the car will get the 120hp, 1.0 turbo-petrol with a sportier exhaust and there will be a few changes made to the suspension to give it more agility too. There will also be embellishments on the outside and the inside that will make the car look sportier. Those looking for the N-Line car won’t have to pay too much of a premium over the regular i20; expect it to cost in the vicinity of Rs 12 lakh.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-india-419365

Would request the MODS to merge it with an existing thread in case this does not warrant a separate thread.

Last edited by sv97 : 24th January 2021 at 23:19.
sv97 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 14:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai to launch N-Line Performance Brand in India By Mid-2021

Is it the Hyundai i20 N Line spotted in India for the first time?

Quote:
Since all the variants of the hatchback are launched and there’s nothing expected to come apart from the recently reported N Line version, this could be it!
Hyundai to bring N performance brand to India-smartselect_20210125145643_chrome.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 13:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai i20N review by Top Gear

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks