Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2020, 17:05   #121
BHPian

Re: New Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill: Lots of sensible changes

There is a big hue and cry on social media about Kerala Motor Vehicle Department indulging in a large scale drive to mobilize fund by giving tickets to all sort of vehicle modification violations.

It is claimed that all modifications including even small stickers applied on cars are considered as violations. (Major ones are.. Change of Alloys / Sun Film / Silencer modifications / Number plate formats / Gear knob changes etc. etc.)

Planning to go to Kerala in couple of weeks. Have a Team-BHP sticker on my car. God only knows they are going to levy fine for that

Mods. Not sure if this thread is the place for this post. Please move to an appropriate thread if this one is not the correct section.

Last edited by Sree73 : 30th September 2020 at 17:15.
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 03:30   #122
BHPian

New motor vehicle rules w.e.f 1/10/2020.

1. Carrying vehicle license, registration certificate, insurance documents etc., will not be required from October if these documents are validated through government portal.

2. The documents can be uploaded on Digi-locker or m-Parivahan. Both these apps are available in any playstore. One can register through their mobile number.

3. Revoking driving license will also happen digitally.

4. Records of license being disqualified etc., will be digitally stored.

5. E-challans will be issued on the portal.

6. Drivers can only use mobile phones for route navigation while driving.

Point 6 is not well thought about. Looking at navigation or giving voice commands while driving is ok but using mobile phones for navigation while driving is not ok in my opinion.
Old 1st October 2020, 09:18   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker48 View Post
New motor vehicle rules w.e.f 1/10/2020.

2. The documents can be uploaded on Digi-locker or m-Parivahan. Both these apps are available in any playstore. One can register through their mobile number.
Just a clarification. Uploaded documents in the Digi-locker will not have validity. That's the feedback I received.
Digi-Locker has an option for user to upload documents. I'm referring this aspect.

A valid document will be / should be available in the "Issued Document" section.
Old 1st October 2020, 12:56   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Just a clarification. Uploaded documents in the Digi-locker will not have validity.
I don't think we need to upload any documents even if it is not available under issued docs. e.g. vehicle's registration is in the name of spouse.

• Input your License No. and add the License to its dashboard.
  • Input your RC no. and add RC also to its dashboard.
Now your Virtual License and RC is ready. RC will show the status of Insurance, PUC, etc hence additional documents are not required.

My dashboard

New Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill: Lots of sensible changes-mparivahan.jpg

New Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill: Lots of sensible changes-screenshot_20201001_125752_com.nic.mparivahan.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited by myavu : 1st October 2020 at 13:01.
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 13:37   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I don't think we need to upload any documents even if it is not available under issued docs. e.g. vehicle's registration is in the name of spouse.
What I said is different. I was talking about Digi-Locker. There, the individual actual certificates are available.
The RC
Insurance certificate
Tax receipt
Fitness etc. in the issued documents section. You can also download and keep other documents like PAN verification record / Aadhar / LPG subscription etc.

For many people, some documents will not get synched. For eg, PUC certificate for me not getting synced in mParivahan / Digilocker.

Digilocker has a functionality of uploading the scanned documents. I can scan the PUC certificate and upload it in Digilocker.

My statement was on that aspect. The user uploaded documents in Digilocker is not valid. Has to produce the physical PUC certificate if the authorities asks for it while checking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks