Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2019, 19:17   #31
BHPian

Re: BMW X7 launched at Rs. 98.90 lakh

Quote:
The BMW X7 was recently launched in India in two variant options, both of which cost Rs 98.90 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) and within three months of the luxury SUV being launched in our market, German luxury automaker has announced that the car has been sold out for this year.
I guess SUVs do sell irrespective of the looks just because its part of a luxury brand.

Source
Old 28th October 2019, 11:32   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I had a chance to experience the X7 in person at the launch and was pretty impressed (not at all an SUV guy). The grill doesn't look as bad in person, I'm not saying I liked it but it did add to the imposing butch look they're going after.
I don't know about that buddy. I agree that it is a personal preference but I did see in person and that grill was just horrendous.

However that 50d engine has supercar numbers. 0-100 in 5.4 seconds is seriously quick for a 2.5 tonne SUV.
sweetvar26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 13:44   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
I agree that it is a personal preference but I did see in person and that grill was just horrendous.
Yucky, to say the least. If you are buying for yourself, this is the single most thing that will keep you away. I am also not very happy with the rear seat height, and you still sit lower like an X5 very unlike say a Land Cruiser. Now, why is this sold-out is because BMW India had very few kits allocated for current Year. Each dealer may have delivered ten units on an average.

Why is this selling? Multiple reasons I can think. One, you get a lot of metal for your money, it has a very high stance and does stand out from the crowd. If I were shopping in this segment, X5 would be my pick over this.

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th October 2019 at 13:47.
Old 29th October 2019, 12:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yucky, to say the least. If you are buying for yourself, this is the single most thing that will keep you away. I am also not very happy with the rear seat height, and you still sit lower like an X5 very unlike say a Land Cruiser. Now, why is this sold-out is because BMW India had very few kits allocated for current Year. Each dealer may have delivered ten units on an average.

Why is this selling? Multiple reasons I can think. One, you get a lot of metal for your money, it has a very high stance and does stand out from the crowd. If I were shopping in this segment, X5 would be my pick over this.
I agree. X5 with the 40i engine is coming up to 1cr on road in Hyderabad.

However some do prefer or need the 7seats irrespective of the 3rd row seat comfort, like your wife’s family. If it were me, the smaller the car, the better.
Old 19th March 2020, 21:51   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Entry level BMW X7 xDrive30d DPE introduced at 92.50lakhs.
BMW X7 launched at Rs. 98.90 lakh-smartselect_20200319214645_chrome.jpg

BMW X7 launched at Rs. 98.90 lakh-smartselect_20200319214743_chrome.jpg
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...50-lakh-416613
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 14:07   #36
BHPian

I seriously think BMW should stick to cars and not SUV's To be it looks like a giant London black cab with some bling. It is hideous!

That kidney grille now looks like 2 massive drain holes.
ron_9191 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 14:40   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_9191 View Post
I seriously think BMW should stick to cars and not SUV's To be it looks like a giant London black cab with some bling. It is hideous!

That kidney grille now looks like 2 massive drain holes.

Have you seen the X7 in person? It actually looks really imposing and solid. Of course beauty is subjective but BMW make some really good SUVs. And most people are already getting used to the new grilles. The previous gen cars have started looking outdated already.

The CKD cars are really well equipped. Glad to see some sensible pricing.
goingout is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 18:37   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingout View Post
Have you seen the X7 in person? It actually looks really imposing and solid. Of course beauty is subjective but BMW make some really good SUVs. And most people are already getting used to the new grilles. The previous gen cars have started looking outdated already.

The CKD cars are really well equipped. Glad to see some sensible pricing.
I haven't seen it in person. I love BMW designs of the past the current iteration of the 3, 5 and the 6 series plus all the M cars are outstanding. However the 7 series the X7 particularly the kidney grille totally spoils it. Again this is my personal opinion and I feel BMW is trying hard to play catch up with their SUV design and the design looks like a half hearted attempt to me. And talking about previous generation cars... an E30 M3 an E38 7 series and a E39 M5
will never go out of style and that is a fact.
Old 4th June 2020, 01:02   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Yucky, to say the least. If you are buying for yourself, this is the single most thing that will keep you away...
the grill didn't play any negative role in getting X7. I for one found it suitable for the size of this car ... May be I'm biased

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingout View Post
True that ... It had actually grown on me and feel happy that BMW made it that way
Old 11th June 2020, 17:54   #40
BHPian

The Lusty X7 50d has been launched rather silently at Rs.1.63 crores ex showroom, would end up crossing the 2 Crore mark but for that lusty engine and quad turbos, seems worth it.

Attaching the latest price list for reference.

BMW Models Price List June 2020.pdf
dhruvritzed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 18:51   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, from the price-list, the cheapest BMW now is the x1 2.0i which would retail around 45 lakhs on-road! Unbelievable how the entry price point into the BMW club keeps going up.

Long gone are the days of the 118D, Corporate Editions of the previous generation E90 3-series and E84 X1 - where could snag a base BMW model under 27 lakhs or so. I think BMW is leaving a door open for the likes of Audi, who could capture entry level luxury customers in the 35 lakh bracket with the new A3 etc.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 11th June 2020 at 18:58.
Old 11th June 2020, 20:30   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I think BMW is leaving a door open for the likes of Audi, who could capture entry level luxury customers in the 35 lakh bracket with the new A3 etc.
Wait for the new 2 series, and CLA coming to give Audi some company.

That being said - car prices have really jumped over the past few years, only to have them rationalized over time by discounts.
Something about building brand value and hence making sure all their products start above a certain price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Entry level BMW X7 xDrive30d DPE introduced at 92.50lakhs.
Ironic that they launched a base trim of the X7, but axed the base trim of the X5.
Really wonder what they were thinking.
Either ways, at Rs. 10L over the X5 it does seem like good value. Mercedes will need to price the GLS accordingly.
Old 12th June 2020, 11:31   #43
BHPian

BMW's 3.0 inline-six diesel has never been a slouch. As ridiculous as quad-turbos sound, the numbers are truly astonishing, to say the least. A coal-roller that puts out almost 400 bhp & 760 Nm and is emissions-compliant. Curious to see the power output post an after-market performance ECU remap.

I'd pick this over any of the SVR Range Rovers. Sense of occasion and exhaust note aside, this SUV - gargantuan as it may be, is still a tad bit practical and ought to be a lot more reliable. The appeal of this car grew on me, especially after seeing it in the flesh. Still despise that gopping front-grill. Some nationalists are calling for an outright ban on all Chinese products. I wonder what they have to say about accepting a design element from a German company that was tailor-made for the Chinese? :P

PS: The Team-BHP news report mentions the specs of the M50d engine to be a twin-turbo. Moderators, kindly rectify the same.

Last edited by n:CorE : 12th June 2020 at 11:37.
n:CorE is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 11:53   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n:CorE View Post
As ridiculous as quad-turbos sound, the numbers are truly astonishing, to say the least.
I own current generation X5 and in the past had the older as well, haven't driven X7 but I am not at all happy with how current X5 handles.

Either, it's being a while that I have driven the older X5 or am got spoilt using sedans, but X5 squeaks at high speeds. Air Suspension seems to be the culprit and it will be even worst on X7. Straight-line power or speed will be better but without Sound, No, Thanks.

Most likely, BMW India has got the kits they ordered to HQ in 2018 don't think anyone is going to order one at 1,65 Plus options.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 18:01   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I own current generation X5 and in the past had the older as well, haven't driven X7 but I am not at all happy with how current X5 handles.

Either, it's being a while that I have driven the older X5 or am got spoilt using sedans, but X5 squeaks at high speeds. Air Suspension seems to be the culprit and it will be even worst on X7. Straight-line power or speed will be better but without Sound, No, Thanks.
Is the squeaking sound coming from interior or exterior of the vehicle? Also which model do you have, 30d or the 40i trim? I'm looking to replace my 525d and the new X5 40i seems to be the top choice so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks