Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2020, 14:01   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2019 Porsche Macan facelift launched at Rs 69.98 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi123 View Post
Tires is one area I can think of but not sure if replacing them will solve the problem.
Yes, I will do the change. It's not uncommon for tyres to go bad around this mileage in such cars. You can try changing front Two tyres or replace all 4 depending on your experience with the one that came with the car. If you can't find similar or want to try something else, look no further than Michelin Pilot Sports 4s

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...d-india-6.html (Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!)

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th September 2020 at 14:02.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 16:01   #17

Thanks Turbanator! The car came with Hankooks that have performed pretty well, but I don’t mind switching to PS4s - heard a lot of good things about them. Hope this will resolve the issues I’ve experienced.
Old 2nd August 2021, 01:14   #18

Hi Everyone! Had an update and a question on tyres for my Macan. I have been looking for a set of PS4S, P Zero PZ4 for 8-10 months now, but all I’m getting is Scorpion Verde All season and that too in a lower speed rating than the one recommended. In my search over the past few months, I also found a set of unused 19 inch wheels wrapped in contisportcontact 5. These wheels/tyres came off a 2014 Macan S and DOT for tyres is 4214. I bought this set, as the hankooks I had had slipped below 1 mm in tread depth and were practically impossible to drive on in wet.

Now, these 19 inch contisportcontact 5 tyres have been performing brilliantly. Grip and steering feel are a couple of notches higher than what I’ve experienced on Hankooks. Have driven through heavy rains, too, and haven’t encountered any issues in wet conditions either.

Question I have is - is it okay to run on these tyres until I find the set I want, which could be anywhere between 6-12 months; or get a fresh set in any brand/pattern I get. I’m getting Pirelli Scorpion Verde summer tyres in this size, and while these aren’t on top of my list, they’re at least N0 marked.

Welcome any advice/thoughts - stay with what I have for a year, or get the Pirelli Scorpion Verde N0 marked tyres right away?

Thanks.
Old 2nd August 2021, 08:52   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

2014 tyres are old however if the grip is good and tyres aren’t showing cracks anywhere then you can continue till you find your Michelin’s

I just got back from Pune expressway yesterday in my Macan and the Hankooks performed well. However I did encounter some very minor aqua planning on certain super wet patches. My car has done exactly 20,000kms and seems there is decent life left in it. I too will shift to PS4s when these wear out. But given the trouble I have had finding tyres for my other cars in the past one year, I would go for the PS4 even before these wear out if you find them in stock. Do let me know if you find two sets please!

While my tyres are fine, the car has showing a brake pad wear message yesterday. At 20,000kms it’s quite early IMO for a German car. How long have your brake pads lasted?
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:01   #20

Thanks, Sahil! Great to find another Macan owner on the forum I had replaced brake pads around June/July last year when the car had done about 23-24k. I guess this wear is down to the way we drive these performance cars. The more aggressively you drive, the sooner they wear off. I experienced the same thing with tyres (especially front) that had reduced to 1 mm at a little over 20k.

Finding a good set of Michelin seems nearly impossible now. I have reached out to a number of dealers in Mumbai, Pune and Delhi. All they offer is Pirelli. Had contacted Michelin’s headquarters in India as well - didn’t yield anything.

There are a few dealers who say they can import and would need 40-50 days. But when you push them to assure, they offer Pirelli.

I will definitely let you know if I find these though and you please do that too.

By the way, before I bought the 19 inch wheels with CSC5, I had bought Scorpion Verde All Season (out of sheer desperation), but was hugely disappointed with them. Steering lost its crisp feel and the bite while cornering and overall tautness dropped drastically - felt disconnected. These were LR marked tyres and speed ratings were V - hankooks had W, as you’d know. This could be due to the tread pattern (all season vs summer), lower speed rating and non-N0 marking.

The reason for this background is a question - are you looking for N0 marked tyres only or are open to non-N0s as well?

Thanks much!
Old 2nd August 2021, 11:53   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Off late, been experiencing shortage of good quality tires and I prefer to delay the change till I get a good set of tires. These are very high-end tires and don't degrade that quickly with age.

https://www.michelin.in/auto/tips-an...e-my-car-tyres

Quote:
1- Keep five years in mind
After five years or more in use, your tyres should be thoroughly inspected at least once per year by a professional.

2- Ten years is a maximum
If the tyres haven't been replaced 10 years after their date of manufacture, as a precaution, Michelin recommends replacing them with new tyres. Even if they appear to be in a usable condition and have not been worn down to the tread wear indicator. This applies to spare tyres as well.
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 12:34   #22

Hi Sahil - I’m getting Pirelli P Zero in N1 marking for 19 inch wheels. Let me know if you’d like to get a set for your car and we can figure out if there’s a price advantage, since mine will be imported. The quote I’ve received for a set of 4 is 1.4 Lacs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
2014 tyres are old however if the grip is good and tyres aren’t showing cracks anywhere then you can continue till you find your Michelin’s
=====
At 20,000kms it’s quite early IMO for a German car. How long have your brake pads lasted?
Old 10th August 2021, 14:57   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I’ve received for a set of 4 is 1.4 Lacs.
That ridiculous pricing! Def won't be interest. Wouldn't advice buying at this price unless you really need to
Old 10th August 2021, 15:19   #24
BHPian

Hello everyone, Glad to find more macan owners here, I recently bought Macan 2.0T 2020, with sports chrono and panaromic sunroof.
a4_attitude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 16:50   #25

Price is steep for sure, which is due to the supply challenges driven by import restrictions introduced last year. But I’d pay this premium for Porsche-approved tyres with sporty tread pattern. It’s been impossible to get any options in Michelin, Bridgestone, Goodyear and Continental at all - they just don’t have and can’t make these tyres available. So, I guess I will have to contend with this.

Hope you find a better deal Sahil; and you said you have decent tread depth left, so have no reason to rush right now.

Nice to meet you a4_attitude. Macan is an absolute delight, and super addictive. Have fun with it!
Old 10th August 2021, 17:45   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So, I guess I will have to contend with this.
Before you bite the bullet, here is a tyre guy from the North that usually comes through for me and will get it fitted from you in Bombay too. Karan-9971099239

Also check with Saifee tyre in Santacruz. Speak to Jitu Bhai there

Don't bother about "Porsche approved", get whatever best brand you can in the size and load index you need
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks