Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2019, 00:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago JTP & Tigor JTP with 7-inch touchscreen launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
To all who talk about wonderful experience with jtp guys, I was with my cheque book to the showroom and walked out with the same amount of leaves in my cheque book as I entered with.
I completely understand your sentiments, but can I ask you something? If you had received a good deal on a particular showroom ( assuming you got one ), but a bad over-all sales experience, why not buy the car from there and service it elsewhere where ratings are good?

Ofcourse Tata does not have as many dealerships as Maruti, so if there is only one showroom or showrooms by only one dealer company ( as in my case, in my district, there is only hyson motors for Tata ) then there's not much you can do.
Old 16th August 2019, 00:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Has the rest of the "cost - down" initiatives, as seen on the 2019 Tiago's, filtered down, now to the JTP as well? That is:
- Disappearance of the individual fuel & coolant temperature gauges (fuel integrated into MID & coolant temperature warning reduced to a tell-tale warning lamp)
- Deletion of rear wheel arch liners
- Deletion of backlit power window switches
- Deletion of soft retracting in-cabin assist grip
- Deletion of under hood insulation (although JTP had a bespoke vented hood)
- Rear fog light. Is it still a dummy or has it disappeared?
- Rear parcel tray stay-strings must've vanished as well
- Boot lamp deleted

Would be interesting to know the sacrifices JTP owners have now to make, at the altar of a touchscreen and flappy ears, (that's folding mirrors)
arjab is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 11:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Has the rest of the "cost - down" initiatives, as seen on the 2019 Tiago's, filtered down, now to the JTP as well? That is:
- Disappearance of the individual fuel & coolant temperature gauges (fuel integrated into MID & coolant temperature warning reduced to a tell-tale warning lamp)
- Deletion of rear wheel arch liners
Present on mine
Quote:
- Deletion of backlit power window switches
Driver's window switch is back lit. The rest aren't.
Quote:
- Deletion of soft retracting in-cabin assist grip
What is this?
Quote:
- Deletion of under hood insulation (although JTP had a bespoke vented hood)
Deleted, but the reason given is that it is to aid dissipation of heat. Mind you every Honey comb patterned grill on this car is functional and not for show(the hood vent, the vents on the fenders and even the foglamp surrounds allow air to pass through)
Quote:
- Rear fog light. Is it still a dummy or has it disappeared?
It's still a dummy. Housing, reflector and even connector harness. It's just not wired to anything.
Quote:
- Rear parcel tray stay-strings must've vanished as well
Vanished.
Quote:
- Boot lamp deleted
Deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik99 View Post
I am not sure if JTSV/JTP has stationed people in Tata showrooms, I feel its regular sales personnel who also market the other products from the Tata stable.

Things seem to workout better when you route your interest via the folks at JTP, there is better coordination then.

@SaiSW: dude! Where is this JTP Group? I want in!!!
Do PM me with your phone number and I'll get you added in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Even after been termed as pseudo performance hatchbacks, I do not understand the pricing strategy @ Tata's. Not very many examples are on the road, rather I have just seen one so far since it was launched during my trip to Jaipur.
JTSV isn't looking at a numbers game. Being a car targeted at a specific customer group I see no point of widespread marketing. Those who are interested in the car know about them. Also one reason why I believe we don't see big ads in the paper or on TV is because our "Kitna deti hai" public will not like this car and bash it to no end (Read: average to below average FE) it will lead to bad press.

Quote:
In terms of performance, since I have driven it twice, the car lacks both initial surge as well as top end. One can just enjoy the mid-range for which open roads are required. The in-city driving pleasure is somewhat missing in the JTP avtars.
This is just a hunch but by any chance did you happen to take your test drives on city mode? The performance is markedly blunted in comparison to sport mode. (An error our very own swiftnfurious made when we'd gone to TD the car).

Last edited by Turrrb0 : 16th August 2019 at 12:07. Reason: formatting
Turrrb0 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 12:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
I think I can add my opinion here: Compare it with its own sibling, Indica. A first car from TATA that cannot seat 3 in the rear with enough comfort. The fit and finish of plastics/leather/upholstery/instrument panel is not upto the mark and TATA sales, after-sales and service are for the most parts poor.
Agree that the fit and finish is not yet upto the mark - like the beading around the doors as an example. The car is good for my requirements and happy with it.

Its been an year that I owned Tiago and completed 3 services at Concorde ECR (Chennai). My comments on the service:
-- On all the 3 services, I was asked to fill a feedback form which covered lot of things apart from car also, on the day of service.
-- Got a call after 10 days as a followup and a feedback over phone again.
-- Got one more call after a month of service if everything was okay with the car.

I am happy with the way they have received me at Concorde ECR and treated the car well. What I believe is that Tata is making an effort to improve customer satisfaction and post sales service also - atleast at this place. Not sure how other service centers are doing.
bvasista is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 12:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvasista View Post
Agree that the fit and finish is not yet upto the mark - like the beading around the doors as an example. The car is good for my requirements and happy with it.

Its been an year that I owned Tiago and completed 3 services at Concorde ECR (Chennai). My comments on the service:
-- On all the 3 services, I was asked to fill a feedback form which covered lot of things apart from car also, on the day of service.
-- Got a call after 10 days as a followup and a feedback over phone again.
-- Got one more call after a month of service if everything was okay with the car.

I am happy with the way they have received me at Concorde ECR and treated the car well. What I believe is that Tata is making an effort to improve customer satisfaction and post sales service also - atleast at this place. Not sure how other service centers are doing.
I agree with you. My experience with TATA personnel at KLN motors has been pretty good. The Service manager is prompt on calling you back and the Customer relations manager gives me multiple follow up and feedback calls.

One thing is, they definitely take the feedback form seriously and are ready to pull all stops to keep you from leaving negative feedback. So guys, use that feedback form to extract the kind of service you are looking for from your ASC.

I guess TATA, in my case JTSV is indeed keeping a strict check on the service centre's performance.
Turrrb0 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 13:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I completely understand your sentiments, but can I ask you something? If you had received a good deal on a particular showroom ( assuming you got one ), but a bad over-all sales experience, why not buy the car from there and service it elsewhere where ratings are good?...
I was not interested in getting any price reduction or offers with this car as I was ready to pay the "performance premium" for the jtp brand. Being Chennai, we have quite a few Tata dealers but since the vehicle is supposed to be used by my parents, I did not want them to go through the hassle of dealing with Tata after sales and service. Except the one where I wasn't satisfied rest all are quite far away.

I wish the JTP brand my heartiest best and want to see more from them. With these two twins, they have proved they can make a performance hatch in India and for the cost! Only thing they need to get right is to train the sales personnel to cater to the small JTP enthusiasts group properly everywhere in the country.

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 16th August 2019 at 13:56.
AlphaKilo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 15:09   #22
BHPian

I happened to visit Phoenix Motors, a new TATA dealership near my home. I was in for Harrier. a Tiago JTP was also in the showroom, I checked it thoroughly, but didn't take a test drive.

TATA should have a separate sales force to sell these cars, the existing sales people are less informed about the product, they think the difference is only cosmetic.

TATA should conduct something like "POLO cup", where the JTP owners can participate and prove the machines capability.

I would have purchased it just for my office commute, had my family agreed to it
.HEM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2019, 16:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Several of the forum members are making a common observation that TML is not looking at numbers for JTP twins and I am amazed at this observation.

1. Which manufacturer (whatever it may produce) does not look at volumes?

2. Even if it's a niche segment, an early recovery of investment is always welcome because competition can introduce something new (make you run for recoveries) and most certainly every product has its own life after which it no long stays as preferred choice

3. Policies and regulations can make anything obsolete in the market

Now for JTP

- The investment of turbo petrol needs a recovery (Tatas may have deep pockets but Jayem would want to make an early break-even for the development cost)

- Euro VI may entail additional investments for JTP engine resulting in further pushing the profits away

- New Crash test norms may require investments into chassis and white body of the car/s

- Who knows what competition may introduce and make it difficult for you (live example Harrier !)

Do you still believe TML / Jayem Auto is not looking at numbers?

Last edited by i74js : 16th August 2019 at 16:56.
i74js is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 10:13   #24
BHPian

Considering the availability of "larger" cars at lower prices and also given the fact that fuel costs are still major consideration while buying cars for most people, the JTP Twins were never going to set the sales charts on fire. The performance and handling of a vehicle rarely are considerations while buying new cars. Superficial considerations such as premium look and feel take up way too much mind space. However, with some imaginative marketing and events these two should be able to pull people into TML Showrooms. As already mentioned by .HEM a motorsports even along the lines of the Polo Cup would have been apt. Cars like the JTP Twins (especially the Tiago JTP) could really sell like hotcakes among the younger crowd if TML could build up the right kind of buzz around them. Imagine having Karun Chandok or Narain Karthikeyan doing a quick lap of the BIC or MMRT on one of these two!
Old 17th August 2019, 14:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Interior pics: Updated Tata Tiago JTP & Tigor JTP

Earlier this week, Tata Motors launched the Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP with a few updates. Both cars get minor exterior changes and a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system.

Tata Tiago JTP & Tigor JTP with 7-inch touchscreen launched-ar_pk_tiago_jtp_tilt_steering_v3.jpg

Tata Motors has now released a new set of images that reveal the interior of these cars. According to the images, both the Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP get red surrounds for the air-conditioning vents. The centre console has a piano black fascia and houses a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system. The seats are wrapped in dual-tone upholstery with JTP logos. Both cars get automatic climate control, a 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel, twin-pod instrument cluster and aluminium pedals.

Tata Tiago JTP & Tigor JTP with 7-inch touchscreen launched-ar_pk_tiago_jtp_steering_v2.jpg

The Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP are now offered with auto fold ORVMs finished in a contrast colour and a piano black shark fin antenna.

Tata Tiago JTP & Tigor JTP with 7-inch touchscreen launched-aramtatatiagojtpsidecutshot.jpg

The Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP are powered by a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that produces 112 BHP @ 5,000 rpm and 150 Nm of torque @ 2,000-4,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission and has 2 driving modes - Sport and City.

Tata Tiago JTP & Tigor JTP with 7-inch touchscreen launched-aramtatatigorjtpfrontdashboardnewscreen.jpg

Tata Tiago JTP & Tigor JTP with 7-inch touchscreen launched-aramtatatigorjtpfrontdashboardwithairbagsnewscreen.jpg

Tata Tiago JTP & Tigor JTP with 7-inch touchscreen launched-aramtigor_jtp_frontsidecutshot.jpg

Tata Tiago JTP & Tigor JTP with 7-inch touchscreen launched-productpagetigordesktop.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 14:57   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Interior pics: Updated Tata Tiago JTP & Tigor JTP

Both cars get automatic climate control, a 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel, twin-pod instrument cluster and aluminium pedals.
What a half-assed job from the PR agency/Tata! I see manual AC controls in the first three pics when auto AC is one of the features being introduced in the Tiago as part of this update!

Last edited by theredliner : 17th August 2019 at 14:59.
theredliner is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 16:16   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
What a half-assed job from the PR agency/Tata! I see manual AC controls in the first three pics when auto AC is one of the features being introduced in the Tiago as part of this update!
Maybe it's available only in the Tigor?
Old 17th August 2019, 22:49   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainyamk95 View Post
Maybe it's available only in the Tigor?
Tigor JTP came with automatic climate control from the start. The new update includes ACC in Tiago as well.
theredliner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 23:36   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is Indica a car from segment above Tigor?...
Except for the price point. Tigor is based on the Tiago, so it cant be in the Indica segment in terms of size & space.

Also, since I read that you are from Chennai, please give it a shot at KLN motors, Guindy. Also, if its purely for your parents' use, why a TATA sports car? Just curious. May be Maruti / Hyundai for peace of mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
...This is just a hunch but by any chance did you happen to take your test drives on city mode? The performance is markedly blunted in comparison to sport mode. (An error our very own swiftnfurious made when we'd gone to TD the car).
Cmon - you guys had enough fun on me on that!! But fact is, I was so disappointed in my first run without realizing I was on city mode and was all grinning after switching on to the Sports mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Several of the forum members are making a common observation that TML is not looking at numbers for JTP twins and I am amazed at this observation.

1. Which manufacturer (whatever it may produce) does not look at volumes?..

Do you still believe TML / Jayem Auto is not looking at numbers?
Yes, I do!! As I understand, JTP is built against the order and dont seem to carry any ready delivery anywhere and has some lead time. Indian 'kitna deti hai' market has not been kind to any genuine sports edition variants and I am happy to see an orthodox approach by Jeyam to contain this. Else, we'd have not seen the Ford S & Abarth versions go off the market soon after those were introduced. Also, we were told that people, in the first month of JTP launch told the SA that they'll wait for the discounts before booking.

Quote:
Quote:
Tigor JTP came with automatic climate control from the start. The new update includes ACC in Tiago as well.
What stupidity! Tigor came with ACC, but they sound as if it was introduced newly. Again, such a blunder with the pics - shows how incompetent the marketing teams are Vs genuine effort by the sales team!!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 18th August 2019 at 23:41.
swiftnfurious is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 12:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Except for the price point. Tigor is based on the Tiago, so it cant be in the Indica segment in terms of size & space.

Also, since I read that you are from Chennai, please give it a shot at KLN motors, Guindy. Also, if its purely for your parents' use, why a TATA sports car? Just curious. May be Maruti / Hyundai for peace of mind?

Yes, exactly that is why I went to the original H from japan. I personally wanted a TATA and didn't want a Tigor vanilla when JTP is available.

Do they not proof read their outputs before posting them online or have they sub-contracted it to some "IT" company without any connection to TATA or to someone without any idea about cars?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks