BHPian

Here is the SX4 ad (Video)

Auto China 2006

and here's a chinese preview not a test ride though

BCAC
Old 14th February 2007, 21:30   #62
nbr
BHPian

IMO, if MARUTI continues with the "BALENO " name for its new SX 4 sedan, i doubt it will really sell in expected volumes, because, BALENO brand doesn't hold high value, when comparing with" CITY","ZEN" , which have performed exceptionlly well in the market.
Just like FIAT did a mistake of continuing with SIENA name for its refreshend or revamped model, MARUTI shouldn't repeat the same mistake. FIAT took several months to realize that the SIENA brand had no appeal in the market, and immediately, it renamed to PETRA. But, sadly it was too late to rectify the error.
Old 14th February 2007, 22:42   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
The profile looks quite dumpy- it looks as if it was squashed from both sides. Maybe its just the pics....the car should have been a bit longer for a well proportioned look. Just look at the OHC (Type II) and you will know what i am referring to-classic proportioned lines!

Does this add some proportion. Anyway the only problem is to find the right color combinations.

Pardon me the poor quality as I was using paint instead of photoshop to do this quickly.
Old 14th February 2007, 23:37   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
FIAT took several months to realize that the SIENA brand had no appeal in the market, and immediately, it renamed to PETRA. But, sadly it was too late to rectify the error.
I do not agree to this. You can't say Siena failed due to its name. The car was good, but failed due the negative image of the company and dealers. Fiat was not delivering good service at that time and the spares availability was also pathetic. I still remember my relative who cried at the Fiat service center in Cochin not able to get his UNO for 8 days.
Old 15th February 2007, 10:46   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
I do not agree to this. You can't say Siena failed due to its name. The car was good, but failed due the negative image of the company and dealers. Fiat was not delivering good service at that time and the spares availability was also pathetic.
I agree with Ajo. Even in its new avatar as Petra it has not done wonders anyway. A rose by any name would smell just as sweet... Baleno or SX4, if the total package is good, it will sell. Else, 2-3 years down the line, we could be getting sweet offers on the NMB, like we got for the OMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Actually I dont think we are. What I do not like is the generalization made when we go ga-ga over Maruti's service network.
Actually when I said that a small town in Kerala is very different from one in Bihar, I did not mean in "MUL service reach" terms. I meant in general, considering lots of parameters.

Quote:
Even going by an 80-20 rule, will all Maruti centers stock Baleno spares?
Maybe not. But will all Hyundai (or any other) centres stock spares of their premium models like Sonata/Terracan etc. Surely not. Makes them even, IMO, and not a minus for anyone per se.
Quote:
When Maruti claims a service station in Ladakh, I can clap if I am an M800/Esteem/Gypsy owner. Can I do the same if I own a Baleno?
I do not think there is a very wide gap between Esteem and Baleno spare prices. If they stock Esteem spares, they could as well do that for Baleno. But for Ladakh, I would think they would primarily concentrate on Gypsy due to the geographical factors and maybe that of the smaller cars - M800, Alto etc.

Quote:
In fact if you are primarily a city driver, then Hyundai may be a far better bet.
Thanks, but no thanks. I can live without a Baleno spare for a few days, but definitely don't need an engine overhaul at 40K kms.

Quote:
P.S. You a Mallu too? Namaskaram from a Fraud Mallu.
Fraud Mallu ? Meaning someone who is Mallu by birth, but spent almost all his life outside Kerala? If so, I am one too. And anyway I think I am more Tamilian than Mallu, having spent more than half my life here.

Anyway, since this thread is about the new Baleno and not about MUL's A.S.S, let us agree to disagree.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 15th February 2007 at 10:47.
Old 15th February 2007, 12:41   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Anyway, since this thread is about the new Baleno and not about MUL's A.S.S, let us agree to disagree.
Thats is it for now folks.
Old 17th February 2007, 16:42   #67
Senior - BHPian

Some more pictures of the SX4 sedan

Found some pictures of the new SX4 sedan ahead of the car's debut at the Geneva Auto show.

Funnily though, the report says that no diesel option is planned for Euorpe.

Source: motorauthority.

Last edited by amit : 17th February 2007 at 16:43.
Old 17th February 2007, 17:45   #68
NIP
Senior - BHPian

the car looks brilliant ! Ford and Hyundai will have sleepless nights if NMB comes with a diesel option ! hope bookings open soon...
Old 17th February 2007, 21:02   #69
BHPian

This car should do very well. Its problem is the boot which looks like it has been added as an after thought like in Sienna/Petra, Ikon, Indigo, NHC etc, from a Hatchback but overall promises to be of better quality. Just hope that the hatch version too is introduced by Maruti.
Old 19th February 2007, 04:56   #70
BHPian

WOW, if this car makes it here, it will definitely give the Verna-City-Aveo-Fiesta segment sleepless nights. MUL should bring this car in asap. if priced right, RIP Honda City aka the segment leader at the moment.

the Esteem also needs a replacement real bad. MUL should consider the Suzuki Liana/Aerio. that will be a serious threat for the soon to be launched Logan, Indigo, Ikon.
Old 19th February 2007, 04:58   #71
BHPian

MUL should also bring in the SX4, the hatchback version to compete with the SRV and Fusion. its a very aggressive looking car with some brilliant features.
Old 19th February 2007, 10:03   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUELZ
MUL should also bring in the SX4, the hatchback version to compete with the SRV and Fusion. its a very aggressive looking car with some brilliant features.
The SX4 - now thats a sexy car. But will MUL bring it here ? Would be great if they did. But I guess they will look at the Fusion/SRV fiasco and decide that there does not exist a market for such cars, which would be a pity.
Old 19th February 2007, 11:46   #73
Senior - BHPian

I feel the new Baleno is going to be the Swift Sedan with the current Baleno engine.
Old 19th February 2007, 12:11   #74
Senior - BHPian

@N_C :You have some insider info? Because the SX4 sedan has already been caught testing in INdia.
Old 19th February 2007, 14:23   #75
BANNED

We can trust normally_crazy Must have a great internal source...Previously he had tell us abt City Zx(facelift)...Now Civic(new one) !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks