Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2021, 10:54   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW India's factory auctions of used cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I doubt they will get 500 bids.
Over 700

Winners must have got the E-mails by now. Others still have a chance and they may see mails in few days as there are chances that the buyer backs out, due to multiple bidding, finance, change of mind to pick the won variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
The reference prices were so high, made no sense buying such shady history cars at those prices specially the X1, X4s.
Yes, prices were high and from what I understand in private from a few guys who have won the bids, the actual winning bids are far higher than what BMW had listed. ( M Cars specifically)

Regarding your views of shady history, for whatever I know, BMW India takes utmost care of all of their vehicles and no expense is spared. All vehicles undergo 360 check and whatever needs to be changed or added is done. To give you an idea, the last time I won a bid via car trade, they have gone as far as replacing the missing Tire Inflator, Compressor, ScrewDriver etc before vehicle was released in auction. So, unless you are picking a Media Car (mostly abused and can be avoided) you should be good.

Quote:
I think some Ms and 7/X6 were decent for the price
These went very high over the reserve as per info from some known winning bidders.

Quote:
the reason is shrewd delhi dealers, they will pay a high price to pick the car, get it polished, cleaned, refurbished etc and sell it at 10% less than exshowroom.
Only thing you need on these cars is a nice coating or professional cleaning. I don’t think its so easy for anyone to pay high and then wait for a customer.

I think, problem is what we think as a fair value vs what’s actual market value. The guys who operate in the market know the current prices well at which they can sell and recover investments and also earn profit so anyone looking seriously should bid aggressively.

Quote:
Buying new cars never made this much sense, there is always one-two models in the range with hefty discounts and make more sense for moving away from your preferred car (used car model) for new, swanky one at the same price and anyway is 95% of what you wanted.
Well summed, it’s absolutely true. A known was shopping for a 330i which was hard to get and no discounts so he ended up picking the bigger 530i with not much difference on the final prices. So, if you are flexible and don’t mind little older variant, better buy over a new variant with lower discounts.

Quote:
does BMW plan to send us some compensation/gift hamper that you know of
Yes, you will get a leather bag. It was given in person to the people who had come to training centre. Not sure about the quality this time.

Previously it was a very nice BMW lifestyle bag much more than Rs 5000.

Last edited by Turbanator : 23rd March 2021 at 11:07.
Turbanator is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 11:02   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Over 700

Winners must have got the E-mails by now.
Oh wow! on a lighter note, us poor chaps who are now 5000 INR lighter, does BMW plan to send us some compensation/gift hamper that you know of
Old 23rd March 2021, 11:15   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, until Sep 2020 , X1 had a flat 7-8 lac discount. This year due to low production, discounts are low hence you see an artificial inflation in used car prices. Expect the discounts to come back by july-aug this year.
Talking about Bangalore - Don't think BS6 X1 has gone more than 3.5 lakhs discount so far. X1 esp has a significant demand in used market leading to 2-3 year old cars (with warranty) going at hardly 25% lower than new.
Old 23rd March 2021, 11:25   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smukherjee View Post
Talking about Bangalore - Don't think BS6 X1 has gone more than 3.5 lakhs discount so far. X1 esp has a significant demand in used market leading to 2-3 year old cars (with warranty) going at hardly 25% lower than new.
I bought a car in Sep 2020, had also explored BMWs, was getting 7 lacs off on X1 (X line/Msport 20d) and almost 6 lacs off on the 330i sport. Both landed at about 35-36 L ex showroom. You're right, used X1 dont depreciate much, similar to GLA and CLA from Merc. In contrast A4 etc depreciate like anything.

Last edited by Crazy_Bean : 23rd March 2021 at 11:26. Reason: added info
Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 12:16   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, you will get a leather bag. It was given in person to the people who had come to training centre. Not sure about the quality this time.

Previously it was a very nice BMW lifestyle bag much more than Rs 5000.
No such thing this time? I was hoping for a consolation prize since my 5k ain’t coming back

For full disclosure, I had put in a bid for 5 series, but didn’t make it. The reject mail came this morning. Since this was one of the only two models available, I didn’t realistically expect to win. It’s kinda difficult to fight the might of dealers’ money!

Back to waiting for 3 series production to get ramped up, and customary 5-7 discounts to come back (by Sep/Oct?)

Congrats to your winning frinds, and thanks for you help in the bidding process Raj (aka Turbanator!!)

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 23rd March 2021 at 12:17.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 12:21   #66
BHPian

Noob question

Are these registered? If yes not an issue. If no, how do we get around the BS6 requirements to register them.
Old 23rd March 2021, 22:50   #67
Senior - BHPian

Please do post the prices the bikes went for in case anyone comes across that info. Thanks in advance.
Old 24th March 2021, 00:24   #68
BHPian

Apart from BWM, does Mercedes-Benz and Audi also offer such auctions.
Old 24th March 2021, 01:13   #69
Senior - BHPian

I have a question..
In the attached pdf in a previous post, I see many cars that are mentioned as 'Unregistered' however have accumulated many thousand kms. each. How exactly did they gather up so many kilometers on the odo if they were not registered, are these test-drive demo vehicles?
Old 24th March 2021, 09:07   #70
Senior - BHPian

Missed the dates. Would have loved to pick up a Mini clubman. Any idea what these went for?
Old 27th March 2021, 16:38   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

M5 Competition, in the BMW individual shade called Purple Silk, which was a demo car in India was recently auctioned off.

BMW India's factory auctions of used cars-ac1f7d929b914f3fb1699691f7edeb0a.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM6qyqOD...d=orx0ooxihupf
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 18:22   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
M5 Competition, in the BMW individual shade called Purple Silk, which was a demo car in India was recently auctioned off.

Attachment 2137531

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM6qyqOD...d=orx0ooxihupf
I saw this car at the auction, do you know how much this went for? A know had bid 1.1 for the car and didnt make it.
Old 27th March 2021, 21:23   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I saw this car at the auction, do you know how much this went for? A know had bid 1.1 for the car and didnt make it.
Your offer was too low is what all I can say. Minimum fair value for this in my opinion- 1,25 but heard it’s gone past that.

This car was almost brand new, hardly any test drives ( I did got a chance to drive in December though ). BMW India does 2000 km running in mandatorily on all M cars and then oil change service. Apparently, this is very important service. Have heard that they do multiple Delhi- Agra trips. So this had less than 2400 km on ODO. Count trips to Dealership from BMW and 2 trips at least for service to Faridabad, practically less than 200 km by customers.

This car has Bowers Audio and soft close. I didn’t liked the colour for some reasons, interiors too were with basic leather (merino but not complete).

But once you sit and push that pedal, it’s nirvana. Most under rated performance car in my opinion.

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th March 2021 at 21:42.
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 21:46   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Quote:
I didn’t liked the colour for some reasons, interiors too were with basic leather (merino but not complete).
Was it picked up by someone in Bangalore by any chance? Just saw this shade last wednesday in Bangalore around Akshaya nagar in bright sunlight and man did it attract eyeballs. I don't know if people like this shade but personally I somehow hated it. Looked weird
Old 24th July 2021, 23:20   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Oh wow! on a lighter note, us poor chaps who are now 5000 INR lighter, does BMW plan to send us some compensation/gift hamper that you know of
I received this today with below note.

BMW India's factory auctions of used cars-ec98348a0d98412294e47afd40099843.jpeg

BMW India's factory auctions of used cars-cd8de9d24c954366848808ee610bf255.jpeg
kashesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks