Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2004, 21:25   #76
F50
Senior - BHPian

I got a
1999 - Santro DX (which dad drives it n i get it on weekends)
Old 15th May 2004, 13:36   #77
gTr
BHPian

hey guyz.....hows it kickin??
well,i drive an galant here in malaysia.while in mumbai i have a modified lancer,1 level below nos.will post the pics soon
i do get lucky at times to drive my bro`s c class or my moms accord....the old 1
i really liked the amby n the skoda pics.class photography.
and rehaan so ur accent,silent killer must say.......
gr8 goin!!
laterz!!

Old 15th May 2004, 22:34   #78
Team-BHP Support

Lovely pic of the good old Amby, Rudra. I'll always love that car.
Rehaan, your W123 rocks.
Old 16th May 2004, 03:37   #79
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys,

I am waiting to get back to them! and take some better pics!

cya
R
Old 17th May 2004, 20:18   #80
Team-BHP Support

errrr i have a 1.6 lt Ikon and 1.3 lt Honda which bro uses.. used to have a slightly tweeked esteem with K&N n stuff.. RD 350 yup have couple of them lying around and a Shogun..
Old 25th May 2004, 14:09   #81

have a zen and NE.NE has alloys,K&N filter and free flow pipe.
also have a 87'HT RD350 and kb 125.had a bullet 500 too.
Old 25th May 2004, 20:34   #82
Senior - BHPian

i have a 2001 mpfi zen with free flow and k&n filter being the only mods.
have removed the number plate and fitted it below the bumper so that more air can flow into my radiator
also fitted a hella micro de fog lamp and a pricol tacho.:blues
Old 25th May 2004, 21:02   #83
Senior - BHPian

I got the best of the lot !!!! A Hercules MTB Oversize 9000 with front and rear 'disc' brakes-rubber brake pads. A 6-speed Starlit g'box. No pollution whatsoever. Easily, the most inexpensive(runnung cost- <Rs.0.10 , maintainence-free machine.. Beat that---Its a bicycle.
Top speed-infinity(actually depends on the rider)
Old 26th May 2004, 02:29   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

hey guys
i am driven around in an palio 1.6 and a daewoo nexia
though i can drive i am yet underage and dont have an license
my sis uses an ikon and my dad has an accord and my mom a corolla
none of these cars have been tuned up as yet but when i buy a car with my own money im gonna tune it up like crazy...
Old 26th May 2004, 15:37   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (shravan316 @ May 25 2004,19:32)]Beat that---Its a bicycle. *
Top speed-infinity(actually depends on the rider)
Hey Shravan,

The fastest i have been on an 18speed MTB is 54km/h at about 3 in the morning comming down the ghats from kodaikanal. We had a little digital speedometer, hence we know the speed. I was on the "big ring" and top gear and pedaling as hard as i could....downhill, but thats all i could manage. I guess thats why you say "depends on the rider" Luckily im still alive...had a couple of close calls...

cya
R
Old 26th May 2004, 17:05   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ May 26 2004,14:07)]The fastest i have been on an 18speed MTB is 54km/h at about 3 in the morning comming down the ghats from kodaikanal.
Wow! that sounds like a really long ride u had gone for.
I'm not sure abt my top speed, but, i can keep up with light traffic during downhill rides.
Old 26th May 2004, 17:11   #87
Team-BHP Support

hey rehaan, riding down from Kodai at 3am! ***!! Must've been a hellava ride! BTW, how did you get back up???
Old 26th May 2004, 18:37   #88
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys,

Yeah shravan, it was about 52km of ghat section and another 10km to our rendevous point.
And in terms of speed, mountain bikes are slow, its amazing how much faster road bikes with those skinny tires can go!..but i just hate roadbikes...totally not my type of thing!

Mountainbikes are friggin awesome...all the thrills of a bike, plus you can afford to have a few spills without killing yourself most of the time. Plus you have to work hard to get to the top of the hill, which makes the ride down so much more rewarding!
Rtech, yeah it was insane!.. me and 2 other friends had this planned for a full moon night since a year!.... so finally when it came around the school got wind of it and so coz of that we had to take a adult chaperone with us...(this was 11th grade).. so lucky for us we got the school doctor who was also into biking ...infact he had the best bike! full 29speed aluminum hardtail!!
So initially our plan was to bike down and then just hitch a ride with some truckwalla on the way back up...just throw the bikes on and sit at the back with the goods..... but then the doc got his driver to follow us in his jeep...and THANK GOD for that because after the end of our ride down within 6seconds of sitting in the jeep we were all asleep!!
The thing is that the ghats were not all downhill!!...there were several uphill sections along the way (think about it.52km of ghats for a 2000m descent). I definitely payed the price on those uphills because i had a steel frame with some heavy full suspension components, and the others had aluminum frames. Plus i also had only half a seat....anyway, how that happened is another story.
So yeah... 54km/h was quite a rush.. ...everyone was paranoid about us doing this trip at night, but the major advantage of that was that we could see cars/jeeps/trucks/bikes approaching around corners at night because of their headlights, which would not have been possible during the day. Ofcourse there was the added disadvantage of not being able to see the road, , especially where tree cover blocked out the moonlight.
It was an awesome trip.....ive aldready typed too much and theres still so much more! ..anyway...i shall stop here!

cya
R

ps - oh yeah..we made it down about 1hour slower than a car does, but we had stopped on the way and fixed a puncture for about 20mins, (another reason to thank god for the jeep)...so i think our time was pretty good!!
oh and also, just with the momentum of comming down the ghats i didnt have to pedal at all for the next 10km!..except when those dogs started chasing me when we went through a village.....hahahaha...ok im stopping this story now!
it was fun
Old 26th May 2004, 21:57   #89
BHPian

lol Rehaan! This is the best pedal to the metal story i have read on this forum. Have'nt cycles always been our best friends till we were 18. my hero ranger was my first passport to freedom. That was until some aunt complained to mom saying i was trying to kill myself on a fast ride to marve beach.
Old 26th May 2004, 22:56   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (need4speed @ May 26 2004,20:27)]Have'nt cycles always been our best friends till we were 18. my hero ranger was my first passport to freedom. That was until some aunt complained to mom saying i was trying to kill myself on a fast ride to marve beach.
Yup,
Cycles are the best buddies one can find till he gets a driving license(to kill!! ).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks