Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you think an extension should be given?
Yes 381 64.36%
No 211 35.64%
Voters: 592. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2020, 09:42   #91
BHPian

Re: FADA wants to sell BS4 cars till 31st May, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
It should happen. Most likely, FY will now close at June End

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/coro...-stays-2199480
Extending the financial year is the ideal scenario for everyone. It helps both businesses as well as people to adhere more to the crufew restrictions. It will ease pressure to a certain extent.
Old 24th March 2020, 09:55   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
It will be the SC's decision.
Entirely up to the Honourable SC. FADA/SIAM/MoRTH/ARAI have not exactly covered themselves with glory when appearing earlier in the last many years for this long-running matter.

Whether or not the FY is extended or not, I hope the Hon. SC directs FADA to substantiate with detailed facts and figures exactly how many unsold BS-IV vehicles we are talking about here. This should include categories, manufacturer-wise breakup (including when invoiced to or received by FADA members), and sale statistics for last 3 months.

I hope and pray for FADA's sake that they aren't planning to play the aggrieved emotional bride here. EVERY industry body will be waiting for bated breath for the outcome/ relief given etc. My employer's industry body is at least.
Old 24th March 2020, 10:09   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

I had voted NO when the poll was started. But with the current situation, I would say YES and that too with an extension till 30th June 2020 end. Almost all states have lockdown barring a few. Plus RTO is closed in many places (everywhere in Bihar). So whatever inventory is left is still there.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 10:52   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Whether or not the FY is extended or not, I hope the Hon. SC directs FADA to substantiate with detailed facts and figures exactly how many unsold BS-IV vehicles we are talking about here.
The FADA is quoting 7,20,000 unsold vehicles plus many more "work in progress" BS4 spec vehicles on production lines that were stuck for want of components from China. Let's see where they land...
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 00:55   #95
BHPian

The SC should accede to the demand of FADA as the situation faced by dealers currently fall under the force majeure category that's beyond their scope of control.
Old 25th March 2020, 10:50   #96
BHPian

Voted Yes. We have a brand new truck that has been pending registration due to delay in container build and mount. We have the truck ready to be registered but looks like might not happen before March 30 deadline due to the current shutdown. Lot of commercial vehicle owners in the same boat as we are.

Last edited by manson : 27th March 2020 at 10:06. Reason: Typo.
george_kj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 11:28   #97
BHPian

Seeing the current scenario my views have changed. I would opt for extending deadline. Many persons would have preferred to buy vehicles this month due to good/auspicious dates and they would be postpone it and the stock would just stay in the yard, creating burden on dealers/manufacturers.
Old 25th March 2020, 23:33   #98
BHPian

https://indianauto.com/news/bs4-vehi...-norms-nid4722

As per the above article, there are 7 lakh + unsold bs4 stocks!
I wish we had an online portal to list down countrywide bs4 stocks as it would have been great to connect demand-supply. Any idea about these 8K passenger vehicles?

Last edited by manson : 27th March 2020 at 10:07. Reason: Typo.
Old 26th March 2020, 07:45   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
7 lakh two-wheelers, 12,000 passenger vehicles and 8,000 commercial vehicles.
How did they allow this inventory pileup and how were they planning to clear it in the first case?

There wasn't any huge discount sale happening either like in March 2017.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 08:32   #100
BHPian

I support extension of deadline to compensate the loss of time due to Corona as there is no other way due to complete lockdown announced by govt.

But the extension should be with lot of riders.
The sale should be only for those bikes/cars which have already billed to dealers.
Anything which is still with car companies should be disposed off at no profit/no loss basis.

The corona may seem like a blessing in disguise for the auto industry. Govt and court should make sure that the car companies can not mis-use the situation.

Looking at the discounts offered by non-superbike manufacturers suggest that they knew they will get extension this time (not pointing at Corona).
Old 26th March 2020, 08:59   #101
BHPian

When I look at this transition, as usual, I feel solution was back in time. I felt this same way during BS3 to BS4 few years ago, where dealers were giving 15,000 discount on Hero Maestro.

A simple solution that could have been provided in the judgement or by government by setting dead line for ending manufacturing of BS4 vehicles instead of setting deadline for ending registration of BS4 vehicles.

As is the case with most of our rules, which are made to solve problems, create more problems.

A simple deadline stating 31 December 2019, deadline for last BS4 vehicle in the factory. From 1st Jan 2020, all vehicles coming out of factory be BS6. Since auto plants are less than hundred with all manufacturers put together; it would have been easy to monitor and implement this rule.

BS4 vehicles, thus manufactured before 31 December 2019 would get registered in subsequent months of Jan Feb March or even april. I doesnot matter. BS4 production got ended. BS6 stared. From more polluting vehicle to less polluting vehicle.

Also BS6 vehicles production start date should have been set based on nationwide availability of BS6 diesel. That did not happen.
pogo0120 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 10:02   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post

The corona may seem like a blessing in disguise for the auto industry.
With all due respect, disagree with your above statement. March is generally very high retail month for Auto OEMs (even higher at times than Dec). This is probably the month when they retail highest in a fiscal year. Forget about BS IV, even their normal retails have been hit very badly this month. Most of the OEMs have shut their plant as we are discussing and the Whole sale nos would speak (to an extent) for the same, this month.

This is probably the most challenging time for Auto industry (for that matter all manufacturing industries) then ever because with their high fixed costs this extended shutdown of business (with no fixed timeline of resumption in the sight) its going to be very difficult. Even once we resume after this lockdown, its not going to be business as usual because not many people are gong to put their money on big ticket purchases immediately due to complete shut down of economic activities.

Hence this time around its only logical that honourable SC extends timeline for Registration of BS IV vehicles.

Last edited by Prafful_Rathod : 26th March 2020 at 10:03.
Old 26th March 2020, 23:00   #103
BANNED

SC to hear BS-IV registration plea tomorrow at 3 PM: FADA.
Quote:
New Delhi: The Supreme Court will hear the crucial case of registration and extension of the BS-IV vehicles on 27 March 2020 at 3 PM via video conferencing, according to a letter seen by ETAuto.

In a message to its members and dealer freternity, the Federation of Automobile Dealers' (FADA) President Ashish Harsharaj Kale said, "Our Lawyers will put in their Best Efforts to explain the Unprecedented Situation Dealers' face in liquidating the BS-VI stocks and hope that Hon'ble SC grants us relief."
Source
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 23:15   #104
Senior - BHPian

While this virus thing was unprecedented, the manufacturers were notified well in advance of the migration. It was manufacturers' job to keep a tab on production and clearing up of inventory well before time.

The kind of pandemic we are witnessing today is due to the exploitation of nature and the environment. We will only further contribute to the ever deteriorating environment by allowing an extension to sell BS-4 vehicles. SC will be the best one to judge on it though. My Vote will be NO!

Last edited by bluevolt : 26th March 2020 at 23:19.
bluevolt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 23:39   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
While this virus thing was unprecedented, the manufacturers were notified well in advance of the migration. It was manufacturers' job to keep a tab on production and clearing up of inventory well before time.

The kind of pandemic we are witnessing today is due to the exploitation of nature and the environment. We will only further contribute to the ever deteriorating environment by allowing an extension to sell BS-4 vehicles. SC will be the best one to judge on it though. My Vote will be NO!
Exactly, that was my thinking. Do these manufacturers have planning or not. As per some reports production hit obstacles when parts supply stopped from China. They were still producing bs4 vehicles knowing the cut off date. If SC agrees to this request these BS4 vehicles would sell and run for another 15 years.
_chikku is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks