Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2021, 22:02   #91
BHPian

Re: Advice Needed | Buy a new car now or wait for improvement in the Covid situation

I would suggest, go ahead and buy(consider auto, it makes things so much simpler).

I have personally have found that Pandemic has given us plenty of opportunities to drive further. To places where you would otherwise fly or take a train to. (Of course, take the precautions). I usually drive about 8K a year, in the last year( since July 2020, after the lockdown), I have driven both of my cars well over 27K kilometers ( Fortuner 17K + Etios 10K). I have never driven so much and truly enjoyed the roads. Did Bangalore-Delhi twice, and Himachal and where not. Monsoon has started and India is absolutely spectacular after a month or 2 of monsoon.
abtyagi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 18:08   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buy a car now or wait for Coronavirus to pass?

If you go by infection data, the major cities of India got the highest numbers. In the last couple of months, a good % people in these cities are vaccinated. By the time 3rd wave is to happen, even a good % will be vaccinated.

If the vaccination works even 70% to what is expected, there may be a very weak 3rd wave or no wave at all. If vaccination doesn't work, it may be likely that we just are more cautious, careful, and yet go about life like pre-pandemic, NO CHOICE. We are likely at the beginning of the end. Enough time has passed to understand this pandemic.

Just go for the new car and very soon it will be time to enjoy life again.
funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 19:23   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
We are likely at the beginning of the end. Enough time has passed to understand this pandemic.

I second your words. It is exactly the same thoughts I have in the last few days. Though my wife says I am being pessimistic.

Frankly speaking we still find a need to go here and there plus meet our parents too. They find some reason to go out themselves. Above all we have the maid now opening other channels of exposure. So the chain keeps going on and on; exposure is something that is going to keep happening always.

Technically we just have to be safe and follow precautionary and preventive measures but still enjoy with - either what is left for us by the Almighty or maybe we are past the pandemic now.
Ananthang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 09:28   #94
BHPian

I can give you the first hand experience in this respect as I was in the same dilemma last year around the same time. I had a 5 year old Diesel XUV and wanted to change to Fortuner Petrol. Around December 2019, I decided to go for a change and around February 2020, I had booked my Fortuner Petrol AT (the opinions I got against buying a Fortuner petrol and my decision to stick to it is a subject matter of another story). And then, the pandemic struck with the lockdown being imposed. My friends (including those on this forum) also advised against going ahead with the purchase due to the uncertainty around, especially with regard to jobs and life. I thought of postponing the decision and did not cancel my booking. I believe around that time many other people cancelled their bookings and the dealer approached me with a good deal on a Petrol AT that he had. After giving it a thought, I decided to take the risk and went into the plunge.

How it has been: Well, after one year of purchase, I have clocked 20K kms already with several trips to Jammu (my -in laws place) and few to holiday destinations (Shimla, Corbett park, Agra). In this pandemic time, one can avoid exposure by avoiding public transport as much as possible and our Fortuner provided a comfortable option to us to travel (we did 600 kms to Jammu in 10-11 hours without any hassles). Also, with the workation option picking up, we went to different places and worked from there as a de-stressing activity. In coming few years, I believe we would do much of our travel by road now having been accustomed to it and us having found out ways to do that effectively.

Opinion: If you are the travelers types or plan to visit parents/in-laws who stay at distant places or even are the adventurous types who would do workations, I would suggest don't stop yourself and go ahead. After all, a new car also lifts up spirits in these gloomy times. I am not suggesting that you splurge the money - use it wisely and buying a car should always be preceded by all the financial analysis and planning. Finally, this pandemic is going to stay and there's no good day but today in this pandemic. Hope this helps!
Car-riedAway is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks