Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2020, 03:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bought a used car, transferred the ownership online! New digital experience from the RTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Usually you need to apply for NOC only when you transfer the bike out of state. When I sold my bike, different RTO, I did not apply for NOC. Just followed this thread.

Since you've already applied for NOC, it is better to contact an agent and sort out the issue.
To which rto did you apply for the noc? Another local one in the same city? It is straightforward then but you need to turn up there with the noc paper and ask them to initiate the transfer of the car from their database to the database of the rto you’re issuing an noc to (where the buyer lives).

The transfer of ownership can then be initiated afresh.

This is something you shouldn’t have taken on, it is the job of the buyer and his agent. No harm done but you do have to run around a bit more than you had anticipated.
Old 18th October 2020, 22:24   #47
tud
BHPian

Re: Bought a used car, transferred the ownership online! New digital experience from the RTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags.singh View Post
I have a question. I am planning to sell my bike to an individual in the same state but different RTO. So I filed for the NOC on the parivahan website. But now it is not allowing me to initiate the transfer of ownership application on the site. Can I still proceed with the sale or do I need to wait for the NOC process to be completed?

Does anyone know how long does it take for the NOC process to be completed? And whether any visit to RTO is needed?

Also, is clearance certificate still required? or is it same as the NOC?
First thing, NOC is not required for ownership transfer within the state. Parivahan will let you apply for ownership transfer to any RTO in the same state.

Since you have applied for NOC, the parivahan mobile app will show vehicle status as "NOC APPLIED" when the process is complete. IMO, you will have to cancel this NOC to proceed with the same state ownership transfer.
Old 18th October 2020, 23:51   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post

Since you have applied for NOC, the parivahan mobile app will show vehicle status as "NOC APPLIED" when the process is complete. IMO, you will have to cancel this NOC to proceed with the same state ownership transfer.
Yes, that's what I have done. I have withdrawn the NOC application. Signed a notarised sale agreement with the buyer and signed the forms 29 and 30. Since the buyer will be using an agent to do the ownership transfer, the agent should be able to manage. Technically the site says that you need to apply for NOC for transfer within same state as well if the buyer is residing in a different RTO's jurisdiction.
Old 21st October 2020, 09:58   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
To which rto did you apply for the noc? Another local one in the same city? It is straightforward then but you need to turn up there with the noc paper and ask them to initiate the transfer of the car from their database to the database of the rto you’re issuing an noc to (where the buyer lives).

The transfer of ownership can then be initiated afresh.

This is something you shouldn’t have taken on, it is the job of the buyer and his agent. No harm done but you do have to run around a bit more than you had anticipated.
As mentioned in my post, I did not require to apply for NOC. The seller to whom I transferred the bike was from another district. Just generated Form 29 & 30 and handed all documents to the buyer. I took it to my local RTO for transfer then & there, but was advised by them to proceed to buyer RTO. The buyer produced the same at his home RTO next day and it was transferred within a week.
Old 25th October 2020, 18:34   #50
Senior - BHPian

I recently initiated the transfer of ownership for our 3 series which was registered in Chandigarh, car was in my father's name who had passed away in 2018. I used an agent for doing paperwork which is quite a lot at this RTO and had to personally visit from Delhi to submit the paperwork and show originals.

The documents were submitted on 18th September for transfer of ownership and hypo termination. I was given a receipt and told that same is valid till 29th October as the transfer is usually done within the given time frame.

It has been well over 30 days now and my name as the new owner is not even reflecting online on Vahan portal, have called the agent multiple times and he is giving me a standard response of things being slow due to covid etc. Icici have already sent me a new endorsement schedule showing me as the new insured and that the policy has been transferred to my name.

How much time does this process usually takes and how would i get to know that the transfer is stuck because of some issue with the documents? I am confused on how this process works now with the transfer under process and insurance in my name. For how many days is the receipt for ownership transfer valid and what happens in case there is an insurance claim in the interim with Vahan showing my father's name as owner and insurance in my name.

Have tried mailing and calling the RTO but no response from their end, any way i can escalate this issue. Under rc status details, the verification column says "not started".
Bought a used car, transferred the ownership online! New digital experience from the RTO-screenshot-20201025-6.24.55-pm.png
Old 26th October 2020, 10:39   #51
Senior - BHPian

Had used the Parivahan website albeit for a different reason to renew the Driving Licence. The process was super smooth except for a glitch of the documents upload size of 20kb which I felt was very less. If only they could avoid the RTO visit with video calling/confirmation the digitalization will be worth it. For me sitting in a different state doing RTO related work in home state is actually a pain if I have to visit the RTO to submit the documents. Can send the documents through courier though if there was a dedicated process for the same.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 22:36   #52
BHPian

A wonderful thread indeed!

We are looking to transfer the ownership of our Wagonr (we are not selling). The car is currently in my sister's name, and we are planning to make our dad as the car's owner. So, I had tried the online procedure, but as soon as I gave the 'Proceed' button after entering the transferee details, the page became partially blank. I shall be trying again tomorrow. By the way, I have some queries, which are listed below:

1) As the owner's name alone is going to be changed, shall I use "SUCCESSION" as the purpose for the transfer of ownership?
2) What should be the sale amount? I guess it should be zero.
3) What should be the SUCCESSION(/SALE) date?
4) Is there any option to save the form 29 and form 30 as a pdf after entering all the details and making the payment?
5) Is PUCC necessary?
6) What about the insurance? The policy is valid upto 21st November 2020.

Thanks in advance.
Sooraj.

Last edited by Tom Sooraj : 13th November 2020 at 22:56.
Old 15th November 2020, 11:35   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sooraj View Post
5) Is PUCC necessary?
Not sure about the other points but yes, PUCC is necessary while transferring ownership.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2020, 12:01   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Not sure about the other points but yes, PUCC is necessary while transferring ownership.
Thanks for your information.

Quote:
1) As the owner's name alone is going to be changed, shall I use "SUCCESSION" as the purpose for the transfer of ownership?
By the way, I had found an answer for this, but it was too late for me to make any changes. "SUCCESSION" option should be used only in the case of death of the owner of the car. So, "SALE" is the option which is to be used in my case.

I'm now stuck in a problem. Gave "SUCCESSION" as the purpose of transfer of ownership and filled every other details except the RTO office to which we are applying. I wonder why they don't ask us to fill the "RTO office" to which we are applying as mandatory. I only remembered that when I was redirected to the payment page, and closed the page without making the payment. I thought of withdrawing the application, but the payment must be made in order to withdraw the application. So, I tried the "Check Pending Transaction" option in the status of the application, gave my application number, but it keeps on showing "Transaction failed, please start new transaction".

I have lodged 2 complaints regarding the "SUCCESSION/SALE" and the payment issue. Hoping to get my problem solved. If not, I should visit the RTO office of our city.
Old 16th November 2020, 10:31   #55
tud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The process was super smooth except for a glitch of the documents upload size of 20kb which I felt was very less. If only they could avoid the RTO visit with video calling/confirmation the digitalization will be worth it.
20Kb is sure a bummer. I generally do a screenshot of the image/doc when it is required to be uploaded in very low file size. It helps. You can try that if you don't have image optimisations softwares.

Quote:
We are looking to transfer the ownership of our Wagonr (we are not selling). The car is currently in my sister's name, and we are planning to make our dad as the car's owner. So, I had tried the online procedure, but as soon as I gave the 'Proceed' button after entering the transferee details, the page became partially blank. I shall be trying again tomorrow. By the way, I have some queries, which are listed below:

Please find my answers below each of your question.

In your case, it is a Sale.

Use a fair market value.

3) What should be the SUCCESSION(/SALE) date?

It is a date you find right.

4) Is there any option to save the form 29 and form 30 as a pdf after entering all the details and making the payment?

Yes, you can save it as PDF to print later or for your records.

5) Is PUCC necessary?

PUCC is mandatory to be active through the vehicle ownership period (new cars get an exemption for 2 years IIRC). At the time of submitting the documents at the RTO, a valid PUCC is must.

6) What about the insurance? The policy is valid upto 21st November 2020.

At least a third party insurance has to be active at the time of submitting the documents and till the time the ownership transfer is effected in their computers.

I suggest you get this name transfer done asap and then purchase the next insurance in your father's name.

Quote:
I wonder why they don't ask us to fill the "RTO office" to which we are applying as mandatory. I only remembered that when I was redirected to the payment page, and closed the page without making the payment. I thought of withdrawing the application, but the payment must be made in order to withdraw the application.
Destination RTO drop down list does appear for me in the main form after the name and address of transferee is filled in. You can withdraw application without making payment. You will have to find your transaction under pending transactions and choose to cancel/withdraw.
tud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 11:01   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Please find my answers below each of your question.
Thank you so much.

Quote:
It automatically suggested an amount around 4L. So, I should have used that.

Quote:
I suggest you get this name transfer done asap and then purchase the next insurance in your father's name.
I am waiting for my complaints to be resolved by today. If not, I shall visit the RTO office tomorrow.

Quote:
Destination RTO drop down list does appear for me in the main form after the name and address of transferee is filled in.
Yeah, I saw the drop down list, but I somehow forgot to fill the RTO. It did not ask that as mandatory. That was why I came out from the payments section.

Quote:
You can withdraw application without making payment.
It shows "Dispose by citizen not possible, apply fresh application".

Quote:
You will have to find your transaction under pending transactions and choose to cancel/withdraw.
It shows "Transaction has been failed, please initiate new transaction".
Old 16th November 2020, 12:48   #57
tud
BHPian

Quote:

It automatically suggested an amount around 4L. So, I should have used that.
Thats the initial invoice amount registered at the RTO by Owner 1. No harm in using the same number or as-on-date fair market value.

Quote:

I am waiting for my complaints to be resolved by today. If not, I shall visit the RTO office tomorrow.

Yeah, I saw the drop down list, but I somehow forgot to fill the RTO. It did not ask that as mandatory. That was why I came out from the payments section.

It shows "Dispose by citizen not possible, apply fresh application".

It shows "Transaction has been failed, please initiate new transaction".
You might have to visit to sort this. If payment is not made, you must be able to initiate a new application. Even if system says older application is in Q, you must be able to withdraw/cancel it. I have done this in the past.
tud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 13:35   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Thats the initial invoice amount registered at the RTO by Owner 1. No harm in using the same number or as-on-date fair market value.
Why didn't I think of that before?

Quote:
You might have to visit to sort this. If payment is not made, you must be able to initiate a new application. Even if system says older application is in Q, you must be able to withdraw/cancel it. I have done this in the past.
Yup, payment was not made. And yes, I have checked that it is possible for me to initiate a new application for the transfer of ownership. Shall I apply for a new one (if it permits)?

Thanks a lot.
Old 5th February 2021, 00:03   #59
BHPian

I have a 2007 Hyundai Getz with Pune registration. Moved to Hyderabad in 2007 and paid the AP road tax in full in 2008. Acquired a NOC from Pune in 2014 thinking I would re-register my vehicle in Hyderabad. Then decided not to register the car in Hyderabad. Hence kept driving the car post paying AP Road Tax and Pune registration certificate.

Now I want to use the NOC issued by RTO Pune in 2014 and register the car in Hyderabad. Went to RTO. They 'accepted' the NOC which is valid even though issued in 2014 from RTO Pune.

However, the clerk at RTO Hyderabad has asked me to pay "Late Fee" of Rs. 500 per month * 50 months, quoting some 'Central Gazette' directive that came into effect late December 2016.

The RTO clerk says, even though AP Life tax is paid, you are late in registering the car in Hyderabad despite having NOC and valid registration certificate from RTO Pune. For this he is charging me 'Late Fee' of Rs. 500 per month * 50 months = Rs. 25K (he is counting from Dec. 2016, when some 'Central Gazette' directive that came into effect).

Please help with any advise.
Old 22nd September 2021, 16:34   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First thing, NOC is not required for ownership transfer within the state. Parivahan will let you apply for ownership transfer to any RTO in the same state.
Are you sure about this? I thought NOC was required even if the transfer is to be done to a different RTO within the same state.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks