Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2021, 19:50   #61
tud
BHPian

Re: Bought a used car, transferred the ownership online! New digital experience from the RTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Are you sure about this? I thought NOC was required even if the transfer is to be done to a different RTO within the same state.
I have so far transferred ownership for 4 cars within the state and never needed an NOC. All transfers were applied online and documents were submitted at the RTO connected to the buyer's address. Also please note, all these vehicles didn't have any bank hypothecations on them or if they had they were cleared and removed from RTO records by the sellers.

Hope that helps!
tud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 21:46   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bought a used car, transferred the ownership online! New digital experience from the RTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
I have so far transferred ownership for 4 cars within the state and never needed an NOC.
Thanks. So, here is my understanding - I just fill up the required details online, print the generated forms, get those signed by seller and buyer, and submit these at buyer's RTO. That's about it, right?
Old 22nd September 2021, 22:25   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Thanks. So, here is my understanding - I just fill up the required details online, print the generated forms, get those signed by seller and buyer, and submit these at buyer's RTO. That's about it, right?
In short, yes. pay fees online. Take printouts of form 29, form 30 and fee receipt. Get the buyer's signature in form 30. Seller needs to sign in both form 29 and form 30. Neatly organise all the documents and submit at the buyer's RTO. Buyer need to self attest aadhar copy and insurance copy. Organise the documents in this order:
Original RC-Insurance copy-Fee receipt-Form 30-Form 29-A 6"*3" envelope (with buyer's address.)
sole_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 14:40   #64
Senior - BHPian

I just transferred a car from Hosur to Chennai. No NOC was required and the whole process was done online. Enter Registration number, 5 digits from Vin, Any mobile number to get OTP and you can complete transfer forms. (Take care while sharing your Vin in the VIN decoder thread. Many don't even mask our car number in the ownership thread.)

Form 29 and 30 get prefilled will all information. Take multiple copies and get the seller's signature.

Get signature from the seller and submit to RTO with a copy of Aadhar, Pollution certificate, and Insurance copy. By EOD you can download your new RC copy using the Parivahan application. The actual RC usually is available the next day.

Total fees were around 525(against 2K the agents' charge). The biggest game you will play is during payment. Sometimes it goes till the last step and other time fails. Every time it fails, you have to redo the process, go to the existing form and click on status and make the transaction fail. Only then you can repay. The transaction status does not get automatically updated. You have to go through few steps to manually generate a fail status and redo the payment process. To avoid hassle and make it quick, use a credit or debit card and avoid BHIM.

The other caveat is, if anything you entered is wrong, you forfeit the money. Apparently, a disclaimer is enough to void that sale while retaining the money. Must be some well-thought fraud by the RTO web page designer or the govt.

NOC as an option is enabled only when you chose the transfer of a vehicle from another state or the vehicle was or is under a financial institute.

Last edited by VW2010 : 27th September 2021 at 14:41.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 10:36   #65
BHPian

I am transferring a company owned vehicle to my name and have filled all the things on parivaahan website.

While uploading the documents, one of the mandatory documents is self attested photo of the seller.

It makes sense in the individual to individual transaction, however I am confused on how to do this when the seller is the company.

Has anyone come across this? How did you proceed?
Attached Images

Last edited by Poornavakra : 15th November 2021 at 10:46. Reason: missed attaching pic
Poornavakra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 14:30   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poornavakra View Post
While uploading the documents, one of the mandatory documents is self attested photo of the seller.

Has anyone come across this? How did you proceed?
Let me close this to help others who go through similar experience.
I went ahead and uploaded the pic of the document given by the company with the signature(Under the seller photo). Not sure if the RTO officials verified it and found it ok or if they didnt see it but it went through without any issues. I got my RC delivered to my address without any issues.
Old 23rd January 2022, 17:15   #67
BHPian

Quote:
I am transferring a company owned vehicle to my name and have filled all the things on parivaahan website.
Quote:
Let me close this to help others who go through similar experience.
I went ahead and uploaded the pic of the document given by the company with the signature(Under the seller photo). Not sure if the RTO officials verified it and found it ok or if they didnt see it but it went through without any issues. I got my RC delivered to my address without any issues.
Many thanks for the OP and you for this thread/post.

I am attempting to transfer an company leased (by Orix) car to my name.

It is a KA 53 (KR Puram) vehicle to be transferred to my name in South Bangalore. I have been given the below documents (all in duplicate):

1. a letter by Orix on their letterhead stating "No Objection for removal of Lien / Hypothecation in the RC book"
2. Form 35
3. Transfer of Insurance
4. Issue of Clearance Certificate
5. Form 29
6. Form 30.

All have been signed appropriately by my company authorized signatory. The Buyer (mine) details are all blank.

Only the Orix letter (#1 above) has a issue date of 15-Dec-2021. Other documents don't have any date.

So a couple of questions:

1. Can I put any date after 15-Dec-2021 as the sale date?

2. Do I fill buyer details (i.e my details) in all the documents and scan and upload in the above screen? When does the above screen come up? Is it after online payment? Till now I have saved the application in Draft mode on the buyer details screen.
Old 23rd January 2022, 22:09   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Many thanks for the OP and you for this thread/post.

I am attempting to transfer an company leased (by Orix) car to my name.
I too transferred my car ownership from Orix. I think its a standard set of documents they share and I had got the same documents you mentioned. Just that they gave two sets of them.

Quote:
So a couple of questions:

1. Can I put any date after 15-Dec-2021 as the sale date?
I am not sure of this. I did it a couple of days after getting the letter, so didnt have to think about this.
I think RTO rules say that the ownership transfer application has to be done within 14 days of sale if you strictly go by the book.

Regarding this document which has date "1. a letter by Orix on their letterhead stating "No Objection for removal of Lien / Hypothecation in the RC book":
I found this confusing too because they had signed the form 35 which is basically for the removal of the Hypothecation.

I used the picture of this document where we were asked to upload "self attested photo of transferer/seller". This was a jugaad I had to do as there cannot be a photo of the seller in case of the company. I cant say if this is verified or if this is correct but i did not have any issues after uploading this.

If I were you, I would upload a pic of different document for the "self attested photo of seller" to avoid getting into issues altogether.

Quote:
2. Do I fill buyer details (i.e my details) in all the documents and scan and upload in the above screen? When does the above screen come up? Is it after online payment? Till now I have saved the application in Draft mode on the buyer details screen.
Yes, you will have to fill up your details if you are getting it transferred to your name.
Yes. The document upload page will come up after the payment.

Tip: Make sure you keep taking screenshot of every transaction and saving every document that is available for download during the transaction. I had some issues post payment and was able to get back to the application using the application id.
Poornavakra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 15:13   #69
BHPian

Quote:
I too transferred my car ownership from Orix. I think its a standard set of documents they share and I had got the same documents you mentioned. Just that they gave two sets of them.
After some hemming and hawing, got the courage to go online and uploade all the documents couple of days back.

After some weird system statuses for a couple of days, today I could finally submit the application.

I also got an SMS asking me to submit physical copy of the application form, RC, and other documents to the concerned RTO. Is this still necessary?

I also see that the online documents are in process at the seller/original RTO (KA53 - KR Puram) and not at buyer/my RTO (KA51). So even if physical submission of documents is necessary, would i need to go to KR Puram RTO?

Quote:
I used the picture of this document where we were asked to upload "self attested photo of transferer/seller". This was a jugaad I had to do as there cannot be a photo of the seller in case of the company.
My jugaad was to upload my company photo id card . My company is decently well-known in the KR Puram/WF area probably also to the RTO folks; hoping this should also work.
Old 28th January 2022, 15:52   #70
BHPian

Quote:
I also got an SMS asking me to submit physical copy of the application form, RC, and other documents to the concerned RTO. Is this still necessary?
As far as I know, it is mandatory. The process is not fully online and hence we have to submit hardcopies. The folks at RTO were complaining about the cumbersome things they have to do when we apply online. Seems like they rely on the hard copies you submit because they check all the documents at RTO.

Its recommended you go to RTO around 10:30 am. I went at 9 to finish it soon but the responsible people turned up only around 10:15 am and then 15 mins for the coffee etc.. This was at Electronic city.

Go to any photocopy shop near the RTO and buy a file(all the forms goes here), small plastic cover to put your RC card, envelope+stamps(write your address on this) and a pin. Take these before you go in to the RTO avoid to and fro to shops later.

Quote:
I also see that the online documents are in process at the seller/original RTO (KA53 - KR Puram) and not at buyer/my RTO (KA51). So even if physical submission of documents is necessary, would i need to go to KR Puram RTO?
To avoid issues of dealing with 2 RTOs, I submitted all my forms at the seller RTO and also made the payments to seller RTO.
Normally you submit the documents to the RTO to which the payment is made against.

Quote:
My jugaad was to upload my company photo id card . My company is decently well-known in the KR Puram/WF area probably also to the RTO folks; hoping this should also work.
All the best. Let us know how this turns out.
Old 24th April 2022, 17:09   #71
BHPian

This is a helpful thread.

However, I could not figure out what are the charges for re-registration in a new state at the time of transfer of ownership.

My relative is planning to move overseas & has a 11 year old Petrol car which is registered in Hyderabad. However the relative is based in Gurgaon & had never got the car transferred to Gurgaon when they moved from Hyderabad a few years back.

I was considering buying the car from them but have not been able to check how much it would cost me to get it transferred with the Gurgaon/Delhi RTO. I have been searching on the parivahan website on the re-registration charges, but could not find the details especially for the road tax component.

Any guidance might be helpful. If you know of any agent who can help out here?

The key questions are:
1) Neither I, nor the relative is in a position to travel to Hyderabad (both of us in Delhi/Gurgaon). How can we get the NOC? Will the car need to be sent to Hyderabad? If so, it makes more sense to sell it in Hyderabad.
2) What would be the road tax charges for an 11 year old car in Gurgaon/Delhi?
3) If road tax is paid in Gurgaon, is there any point of pursuing for the refund of the road tax paid in Hyderabad or shall we consider it a sunk cost?
Old 17th May 2022, 16:16   #72
BHPian

I have applied for my vehicle transfer to my friend in Feb 2022. The vehicle is still not transferred. Can anyone advise on where to complain for this delay? All documents were submitted in a week to RTO.

Bought a used car, transferred the ownership online! New digital experience from the RTO-capture.jpg
Old 23rd May 2022, 11:43   #73
BHPian

I have decided to sell my Polo GT, it is in absolute mint condition, only 19k km done. It's up in the TBHP Classifieds and expecting it to sell pretty quickly.

I see above that I can make an application online in the VAHAN portal to do the transfer of ownership. I can also see there is an option to upload all of the supporting docs while doing this. Does this mean a physical visit to the RTO is still required? I am in Pune, MH12 RTO.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Just seen this video for KA for completely online, Aadhaar based authentication for RC address change and transfer of ownership:

It says no need to visit the RTO if using Aadhaar based authentication. Has anyone done this in practice?

Last edited by s4ch : 23rd May 2022 at 12:05.
s4ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 19:11   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
I have decided to sell my Polo GT, it is in absolute mint condition, only 19k km done. It's up in the TBHP Classifieds and expecting it to sell pretty quickly.

I see above that I can make an application online in the VAHAN portal to do the transfer of ownership. I can also see there is an option to upload all of the supporting docs while doing this. Does this mean a physical visit to the RTO is still required? I am in Pune, MH12 RTO.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Just seen this video for KA for completely online, Aadhaar based authentication for RC address change and transfer of ownership: https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=_glJv3sQAgw

It says no need to visit the RTO if using Aadhaar based authentication. Has anyone done this in practice?
Quoting this.
Have you had success with the procedure outlined in the YouTube video?

I was quoted a humongous 1800 for bike ownership transfer to another person, by the RTO tout
Old 5th July 2022, 21:56   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
Quoting this.
Have you had success with the procedure outlined in the YouTube video?

I was quoted a humongous 1800 for bike ownership transfer to another person, by the RTO tout
No success with the steps mentioned in the video. I had tried a change of address in the RC online but it did not give an option to authenticate via Aadhaar at the time. However, I believe it is now an option to do a contactless process in Maharashtra using Aadhaar verification for the following:

1) Change of Address in RC
2) Issue of Duplicate RC
3) Issue of NOC

Just that I had already initiated the process using the old workflow and paid the fees, hence decided to follow through at the RTO. I didn't have the time or the patience to do it myself so paid an agent to do it for me and sent him all the docs.

For transfer of RC to a new owner, I believe you still need to go in person to the RTO even if you initiate it online and make the online payments. I have paid 2000 all inclusive (RTO fees + agent fees) for RC transfer of a car. So think 2 Wheeler RC transfer for 1800 is about right.

Just hope that they make more processes contactless in time. For DL services I believe the following are already contactless:

1) Issue of LL
2) Issue of Duplicate DL
3) Renewal of DL
4) Change of Address in DL

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks