Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2021, 16:02   #31
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio BS6 details updated on official website

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
I understand the cost cutting done by removing features but can someone explain to me the reduction in engine output. How are they saving money by detuning it when they had the 140hp engine ready just waiting to be plonked in lower variant?
Saving money??? No my friend! The key is Product Differentiation. If a customer wants the 140Bhp engine, they need to pay more to Mahindra for a higher variant. People looking to save money and still have a Scorpio will not mind the 120Bhp tune, which anyway sold way more than the 140Bhp tune introduced at the fag end of the current gen Scorpio's life.
Miel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 18:59   #32
BHPian

For Mahindra Scorpio owners, this is going to be the most dope DIY modification I have ever seen. I don't know if this thread is the right place to post. But, trust me, this mod is something that every SUV owner would want.

Now, I need to figure out if at all it would be possible to do on my Thar 2020.

Scorpio owners - Enjoy!
OneLivingLife is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 19:56   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLivingLife View Post
For Mahindra Scorpio owners, this is going to be the most dope DIY modification
As a person who regularly encounters these LED lights in his rear view and also through oncoming traffic on dual carriageways, I sincerely request everyone to refrain from such mods and spare our eyes.

These LED lights are blinding to other drivers and serve no functional purpose to the driver of these vehicles. I hope the government and RTOs crackdown on such lights as they are becoming too common with some OEMs installing such lights on their vehicles due to customer demand.
Marauder is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 13:25   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
As a person who regularly encounters these LED lights in his rear view and also through oncoming traffic on dual carriageways, I sincerely request everyone to refrain from such mods and spare our eyes.

These LED lights are blinding to other drivers and serve no functional purpose to the driver of these vehicles. I hope the government and RTOs crackdown on such lights as they are becoming too common with some OEMs installing such lights on their vehicles due to customer demand.
The Youtuber here clearly mentions that these lights are not for use on the highways or city limits but only in remote places where extra lights are required and makes driving safer.

I guess, if people are sensible enough and use them only on their off-road adventures without causing inconvenience to anyone, it makes sense.
OneLivingLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 14:06   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLivingLife View Post
For Mahindra Scorpio owners, this is going to be the most dope DIY modification I have ever seen. I don't know if this thread is the right place to post. But, trust me, this mod is something that every SUV owner would want.

Now, I need to figure out if at all it would be possible to do on my Thar 2020.
Love the way it comes out and retracts , imagine fitting this thing behind the hinged number plate. You can probably explore that in the new Thar, the space behind the number plate once it flips up can accommodate two of them. Of course never use them in city or highways, good for night drives in remote places, off road where you need flood lighting.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 19:12   #36
BHPian

Dear BHPians, does it make sense to pick scorpio s11 now, when there is a facelift round the corner? We were really keen on 4x4 but looks like it has ad been stopped in its bs6 avatar. Any chance of opting for it from factory? BTW, what could be the waiting period for it in hyd, vijayawada?

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th June 2021, 19:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Dear BHPians, does it make sense to pick scorpio s11 now, when there is a facelift round the corner? We were really keen on 4x4 but looks like it has ad been stopped in its bs6 avatar. Any chance of opting for it from factory? BTW, what could be the waiting period for it in hyd, vijayawada?

Thanks in advance.
As some one who bought an S9 six months ago, I could provide some insights.

If you could wait for another year and if you are keen on a 4x4, then you should definitely wait for the 2022 one. The current one doesn't come with 4x4 and I don't think you can opt for it, neither the factory will be capable of building one off. The factory will already be having huge back logs for the default version itself. When I bought 6 months back, the waiting period was ~1.5 months. It would have definitely become longer now owing to the second wave of pandemic that came in recently. You need to check with your local sales on that.

And should you go for the current one itself, it is purely a personal choice. If you are the one who could take it as raw as it is with all its mighty capabilities and ready to give up on all the downsides it has in terms of cosmetic beauty and safety (subjective), then go for it. Or if you need a more premium and modern avatar, then wait for 2022.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 19:39   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
As some one who bought an S9 six months ago, I could provide some insights.
Thanks.

In your brief ownership experience, any issues with DPF clogging or SCR malfunction? I am just trying to understand if it is worth considering bs6 diesel only for that juicy torque of 319 Nm at just 1500 rpm, or opt for bs4 preowned.

Also, how was the service quality from mahindra. I already own Ford ecosport, and can vouch for ford's frugal and transparent quality of service.

Thanks again.
Old 18th June 2021, 22:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Thanks.

In your brief ownership experience, any issues with DPF clogging or SCR malfunction? I am just trying to understand if it is worth considering bs6 diesel only for that juicy torque of 319 Nm at just 1500 rpm, or opt for bs4 preowned.
It has been really a brief experience so far, thanks to pandemic. Have clocked about 6K kms and probably too short to encounter any issues as such.

No, no any issues so far. I have not driven a BS4 or previous generations so cannot compare. I could say that the latest one is incredibly refined in terms of NVH and even in terms of body roll. And of course, the 140bhp is definitely a bonus here.

Mahindra service, again just one service done so far and has been good. I have a feeling that they will be there for you anytime.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks