Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2020, 22:37   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car dealerships & factories are slowly opening in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
I don’t get it. The auto sector is sitting on massive stockpiles of unsold inventories. Car dealerships have seemingly reopened but there there is hardly any sale. There is simply no demand. And demand is not likely to pick up in the immediate future. So why are car companies with their huge staff costs so eager to restart? Kia is an exception but the rest, what do they want to make? I guess it is more of a symbolic gesture to investors and the stock market. No company in the world can run on 33% capacity or 33% workforce and be profitable. If anything, the low staff count can result in potential misses or niggling issues in the vehicles being churned out at this time. As a buyer, I’ll be wary.
This process isn't as easy as it sounds. I am sure most manufacturers need to commit to a number of suppliers for a minimum number of components. For these to be met, production must go on. You can't simply ask part suppliers to stop shipping or making parts.

Each day the factory sits idle, revenue is lost. It just becomes a white elephant unless you start manufacturing and use that capacity. Thus, production has to start even if it is in miniscule numbers. No manufacturer has a choice in this regard.

Car makers like Kia wont struggle much since waiting periods were already high for them so it's a good chance to catch up with the demand, but companies like TATA are in for a very tedious task ahead and some tough times.
Old 14th May 2020, 20:37   #32
BHPian

Does anyone know if dealerships have opened in Mumbai or Pune?
Old 18th May 2020, 10:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to resume production at Gurgaon plant

According to a media report, Maruti Suzuki will be resuming operations at its Gurgaon plant from May 18, 2020.

Car dealerships & factories are slowly opening in India-maruti_ed.jpg

The Maruti Suzuki factory has been idle for the last 55 days since the countrywide lockdown to contain the Covid-19 outbreak began. Production will restart as the lockdown measures are being eased to promote economic activities.

Maruti builds the S-Cross, Vitara Brezza, Ignis and Super Carry LCV at its Gurgaon facility. The carmaker has already reopened its Manesar plant where models like the Alto, Swift, Dzire, S-Presso, Ertiga and Baleno are produced. Meanwhile, the Gujarat facility is still under lockdown as it is in a containment zone.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by manson : 22nd May 2020 at 22:02. Reason: Typo.
TusharK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 15:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki delivers over 5,000 cars post lockdown

Maruti Suzuki has delivered more than 5,000 cars in the past few days.

Car dealerships & factories are slowly opening in India-0.jpg

Over 1,350 showrooms and 300 True Value outlets have resumed operations after the lockdown measures were relaxed earlier this month. According to the company, all showrooms follow strict social distancing, hygiene and sanitation norms. Customers can book cars online and get doorstep delivery.

Maruti has also issued safety guidelines for service centres. The entire service network will adopt contactless service processes. The cars will be disinfected and service staff will use protective gear, disposable seat covers, steering covers and gear lever knobs.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2020, 17:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Kia Motors Resumes Production At Anantapur Facility.

Kookhyun Shim, MD & CEO, Kia Motors India said,Kia Motors India priorities are to clear pending orders for the best-selling Seltos and luxurious Carnival, and also to prepare the line for the eagerly anticipated compact SUV, Sonet.

Car dealerships & factories are slowly opening in India-smartselect_20200518172522_chrome.jpg

https://www.carandbike.com/news/coro...cility-2230922
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2020, 16:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

Ranjangaon plant operates as a JV between Tata and FCA

Fiat India Automobiles Pvt. Ltd (FIAPL), the joint venture between Tata Motors and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), has announced the restart of operations at its Ranjangaon plant.

Tata Motors will continue to manufacture the Nexon SUV at this facility, while Jeep India is expected to also roll out a 7-seat SUV based on the Compass in the near future.

Car dealerships & factories are slowly opening in India-smartselect_20200519155559_chrome.jpg

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-plant-417337
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 19:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors Safety Protocols

Old 22nd May 2020, 16:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

Honda 2-wheelers to resume production from May 25

Honda plans to restart production at all four of its manufacturing units in India from May 25, 2020.

Car dealerships & factories are slowly opening in India-14557178784193.jpg

Production will resume in a phased manner starting with the Narsapura plant in Karnataka. Manufacturing activities will commence at the other three plants from the first week of June 2020.

Almost 99% of its suppliers have received the necessary permissions from the government to resume operations. There are more than 300 factories that supply parts to Honda.

According to the company, more than 60% of its dealers have resumed sales and service operations following the relaxation in lockdown measures.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 21:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Cares

Old 14th June 2020, 14:24   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Another thing they charged me for fumigation, is it normal.
Did the first service for my tiago last week. Was charged 1200 for fumigation. I guess it's going to be the new normal.
Old 17th July 2020, 01:10   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhairZain View Post
Did the first service for my tiago last week. Was charged 1200 for fumigation. I guess it's going to be the new normal.
1200 only for fumigation is way too much. i don't have any issues with fumigation charges but I have heard charges starting from 199 up till 1200. Even for the same manufacturer, different dealerships charging different amount. That itself justifies that either the charges for fumigation is just a hoax or a dealer level activity to make the most of the pandemic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks