Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2020, 13:32   #91
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Audi Q2 India launch in September 2020

For all those who buy the Q2, I want you to be my friend and understand your brain.

Cars like this with prices like these are introduced to naturally bump up the prices of the nicer cars above, the ones actually bought and sold in volumes.
The Veblen effect I say.

Last edited by manson : 17th October 2020 at 16:16. Reason: Mod Note : Team-BHP maintains a strong stand against drinking and driving, and any mention of alcohol.
lemedico is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 14:57   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
The base model doesn't have any speakers for the back seats. Let that sink in for a moment. For 35 Lakh rupees.
On top of that, no rear camera, Cruise Control, Leather seats, Android Auto/Apple Carplay, Wireless charging .... for a 35 lakh car.

Only aspect I liked is they haven't short-changed the customer on Safety with all variants getting 8 airbags, ISOFIX and even a TPMS!

This looks like Audi trying to jump into the SUV wagon with nothing much to offer other than the badge up front!
abhijith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 22:56   #93
Senior - BHPian

Interestingly, I think the Q2 is the only car out of all the cars sold in India by the Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus and Volvo that can be specced without a sunroof!

Personally, I wish there were more "base variants" in the luxury segment but without the ridiculous price that Audi are charging for it!
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 00:47   #94
BHPian

Looking at Audi's consistency with weird business decisions, sometimes I wonder if their manegement is actually made up of double agents placed there by Mercedes and BMW.

I simply don't understand how could they bring a 2016 design at such high prices in a highly competitive market. Given the love story of Indians with SUVs and crossovers and the recent praise that the T-Roc and Karoq received, Q2 had the potential to be a blockbuster product for Audi.
Astitva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 03:34   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
The base model doesn't have any speakers for the back seats. Let that sink in for a moment. For 35 Lakh rupees.

The only other car that I could find without rear speakers was the Alto, because Maruti thought to include them in the WagonR.

What is this alternate reality that we're living in where a Q2 costs way more than a Q3 used to just a couple of years ago?

https://www.audi.in/dam/nemo/in/Down...nical_data.pdf
Dude, if I wanted fabric seats, I would buy a Polo GT at 10L which as as fast as this with the same horrid gearbox. Not the Q2
Old 18th October 2020, 08:42   #96
BHPian

Why Audi India, why are you taking your Indian customers on a toll, it makes 0 sense for any luxury carmaker to offer such less features accompanied by such exorbitant pricing.

The new A6 Technology after discounts is coming around 46-47L ex-showroom, why would anyone even consider a Q2 over that.
Old 18th October 2020, 13:43   #97
pms
BHPian

Karoq suddenly looks value for money with its nice interiors, tech, safety and space.
Audi India seems to have the best Market and Pricing Analysts, not sure what their targets are for Q2, try to sell atleast 5-10 cars in an year!! Wish them best of luck!
Old 28th October 2020, 13:50   #98
Senior - BHPian

Audi Q2 Technology variant review

Mod Note : The Audi Q2 has been driven by BHPian nitrogary. Please continue the discussion on the new thread.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th November 2020 at 17:14. Reason: Adding link to review
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks