Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2020, 17:59   #31
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
One of my friends got the quote, 13.90 on road Bangalore for high line plus. Hope this info Will be useful to someone looking for this car.
Update: VW bangalore dealers are little desperate it seems, though i dont have first hand info. I'm in touch my friends, VW made even better offer : 13.75, without even beginning the bargain process.

I promised myself a small SUV(all credit to bangalore roads), otherwise what a sweet sweet deal.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced-photo20200720175152.jpg  

ramki.grandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 20:16   #32
BHPian

Need a bit of help from the forum. I had booked a Vento Comfortline with VW West Delhi at an On Road price of INR 9.1 lacs including basic accessories. Since the CL variant is yet to come by, the dealer is now offering me a Highline variant with a ready delivery promise (June manufactured vehicle) for INR 10.3 lacs including basic accessories. For 1.2 lacs extra, I mainly get the RCD 340, Steering mounted controls and 16 inch alloys as opposed to the 15 inchers in the Comfortline. I've bought time from the dealer for now, but am a bit confused on what to do.
Old 23rd July 2020, 23:30   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuvidC View Post
Need a bit of help from the forum. I had booked a Vento Comfortline with VW West Delhi at an On Road price of INR 9.1 lacs including basic accessories. Since the CL variant is yet to come by, the dealer is now offering me a Highline variant with a ready delivery promise (June manufactured vehicle) for INR 10.3 lacs including basic accessories. For 1.2 lacs extra, I mainly get the RCD 340, Steering mounted controls and 16 inch alloys as opposed to the 15 inchers in the Comfortline. I've bought time from the dealer for now, but am a bit confused on what to do.
I think even the highline gets only a 15 inch wheel. Only the highline plus gets 16 inches. The main differences are touchscreen with android auto/ carplay, steering controls, auto dimming IRVM, electric folding ERVM, one touch windows, leatherette upholstery and rain sensing wipers. Not sure if just these are worth 1.2 lakhs.
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 23:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
I think even the highline gets only a 15 inch wheel. Only the highline plus gets 16 inches.
You're right! My bad. I've spoken to this guy called Shailender in Delhi and he's quoting 65000 to fit the RCD stereo, rear latch camera and steering controls to the Comfortline (I'm sure I can drive that price down). I'm hoping certain other soft features can be activated on the Comfortline using the OBD Eleven/Pro. Auto Dimming ORVM, Auto Headlamp switch and Rain Sensing Wipers are available on AliExpress as a kit for 9000 (could be added later). All these will come up to a maximum of 70k, so even I'm not very sure on the Highline. I can spend 80-90k more over the comfortline maybe to get that factory finish, but 1.2 seems to be a stretch. I've cross quoted this offer to VW Noida, they've promised to better it. Let's see.
Old 24th July 2020, 01:05   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Apart from these, the LED head lights are a big plus. The regular lights on Vento/Polo are meh and LED ones are noticeably better. Also white light and DRLs too.

Edit: I hope you mean CL plus vs HL plus because i dont see CL variant on the Vento on vw website. Naming is very confusing
Btw, the pair of headlights alone cost 1lac . So including that it makes a no brainer. But the features are only worth if you need them. But I'd say the touchscreen stereo and controls are the main thing to get, any third party installation (even if it is an oem part) would also mess with the warranty. So get the highline plus if you are not pinching pennies.

Last edited by agambhandari : 24th July 2020 at 01:08.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 09:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I hope you mean CL plus vs HL plus because i dont see CL variant on the Vento on vw website. Naming is very confusing
Hey, thanks. There's a sandwiched Highline variant between the CL plus and HL plus. It is this variant that is on offer. Compared to the HL plus, this one mainly misses out on the 16 inch alloys and the auto-levelling LED headlamps, everything else largely remaining the same. Over the CL Plus, this one gets the Android Auto/ Apple Carplay enabled stereo with steering mounted controls, and some intelligent functions like the window controls from the keyfob, anti-pinch windows, one touch up and down power window controls and rain sensing wipers. The RCD stereo is a direct plug and play on the CL as confirmed by the SA himself, and the rain sensing wipers etc could be retrofitted later. But the steering mounted controls are something that are a bit tricky.
Old 25th July 2020, 09:52   #37
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, thanks. There's a sandwiched Highline variant between the CL plus and HL plus. It is this variant that is on offer.
The website says "Customer Benefit Offer Price" - 9,99,000/- which I believe is not the Ex-show-room price (it wasn't this earlier). So you'll go to the 10% tax bracket since the prices listed in the RTO will make it cross 10 Lac.

Just check this with the dealer.

Sahilender is quite a busy man, just be cautious dealing with him. being in the same city is going to be helpful though.
Old 25th July 2020, 11:48   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Update: VW bangalore dealers are little desperate it seems, though i dont have first hand info. I'm in touch my friends, VW made even better offer : 13.75, without even beginning the bargain process.

I promised myself a small SUV(all credit to bangalore roads), otherwise what a sweet sweet deal.
Ramki - is this the AT or the Manual variant? I missed that in the preceding messages on the thread.

Last edited by Karthik_S : 25th July 2020 at 11:49. Reason: Added quote text
Old 25th July 2020, 11:54   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik_S View Post
Ramki - is this the AT or the Manual variant? I missed that in the preceding messages on the thread.
1L TSI AT variants are not yet out. September is when we can expect them to be up for grabs. So it must be the MT.
TokyoDrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 23:22   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Weren't you offered a Vento CL by mid-August ? Barely 2-3 weeks wait. Else, you could have opted for Rapid Rider (before it's bookings were halted). Frankly, despite the extra features, I don't feel a decade old design deserves anything more than 9 lacs OTR, and that's precisely why prospective customers were flocking towards Rider variant. Even the Ambition variant with 75k discount is not a VFM product.

I suggest, at 9.1 lacs, you stick with the Vento. Frankly, there's no end to the desire of owning a higher variant, and the dealership guys are exploiting it to sell higher variants to you.
sanyog26 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 06:49   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyog26 View Post
Weren't you offered a Vento CL by mid-August ? Barely 2-3 weeks wait. Else, you could have opted for Rapid Rider (before it's bookings were halted). Frankly, despite the extra features, I don't feel a decade old design deserves anything more than 9 lacs OTR, and that's precisely why prospective customers were flocking towards Rider variant.
Hey thanks. They've since sweetened the deal for Highline (10.2 on road woth basic accessories and original reverse camera). I've still not given a go ahead and my booking for Comfortline remains as is for now. They've told me that they'll confirm the delivery timeline for CL in the first week of August and are no longer sure that they'll be able to deliver the Comfortline in August.

Thinking out loud, if the steering control retrofit + RCD 340G + Reverse Camera costs 65k (as quoted without negotiations by Shailendar from Ramesh Nagar), and I spend around 20k more for getting the upholstery done on the Comfortline, I will reach really close to the Highline which comes with all this and more right from the factory. But I'm on a wait and watch mode for now and will confirm one of these (CL or HL) in the first week of August.

In another news, I also happened to test drive the Nexon (not an apple to apple comparision, but the XZ+ was within my budget and I had heard praises of the turbo petrol in the car) and the Nexon simply can't match the spirit and eagerness of the 1.0 TSI from VW. That has sealed the deal for me towards the Vento, which I feel is more economical specially in the CL avatar as compared to the Rider+ that is now on offer from Skoda.

Will keep everyone posted on the final choice I make and will also hopefully pen down my first ownership review on the forum.
SuvidC is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 07:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They've since sweetened the deal for Highline (10.2 on road worth basic accessories and original reverse camera). I've still not given a go ahead and my booking for Comfortline remains as is for now.
The Vento CL @ 9.1 on road is the most value for money. Period. It's a way better deal than the Rider or the Rider Plus.

Quote:
They've told me that they'll confirm the delivery timeline for CL in the first week of August and are no longer sure that they'll be able to deliver the Comfortline in August.
That sounds like marketing BS to me.

Quote:
Thinking out loud, if the steering control retrofit + RCD 340G + Reverse Camera costs 65k (as quoted without negotiations by Shailendar from Ramesh Nagar), and I spend around 20k more for getting the upholstery done on the Comfortline, I will reach really close to the Highline which comes with all this and more right from the factory.
Ultimately, its your call. Do what makes you happy. If you are keen on the HL, try negotiating a deal for ~ 10 lakhs on road. Vehicle sales are not exactly on fire and the Vento was not a high seller even when it were. They will always try up selling because they earn more money on a higher variant.

Last edited by longhorn : 29th July 2020 at 07:53.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 15:05   #43
BHPian

Thanks everyone. The dealer finally offered a really good deal on the Highline and I've gone ahead with that. Completed the PDI yesterday and all's good (June manufactured, 11km on the ODO).

Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced-img_20200731_125011.jpg

Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced-img_20200731_130306__01.jpg

Now, a query. Car is shod with 185/60 R15 Good Year tyres from the factory. I discussed this with a Noida based dealer and he is willing to offer Michelin Energy XM2s at 2300 apiece after trading off the stock shoes (exclusive of taxes). Need to understand from the folks here if this is a good bargain and if I should proceed with getting the tyres replaced too.

Will keep everyone updated with the purchase and (hopefully) pen my first ownership review on the forum.

Last edited by SuvidC : 1st August 2020 at 15:07. Reason: Correcting the tyre size.
SuvidC is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 15:51   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, a query. Car is shod with 185/60 R15 Good Year tyres from the factory. I discussed this with a Noida based dealer and he is willing to offer Michelin Energy XM2s at 2300 apiece after trading off the stock shoes (exclusive of taxes). Need to understand from the folks here if this is a good bargain and if I should proceed with getting the tyres replaced too.

Will keep everyone updated with the purchase and (hopefully) pen my first ownership review on the forum.
Congrats SuvidC! Wish you many happy miles in the years to come!

The price seems to be decent! But overall the XM2 is a very average tire. Although better it may not offer much difference compared to the Goodyears. If you're looking for a comfy ride and long life, this is probably all you need.

But if you're a sporty driver, try upgrading to 195/60R15. I'm using MRF Perfinza and I'm extremely happy. You can try the Michelin Primacy 4ST also. Makes a big difference at higher speeds and improves braking by a considerable margin.

At the end, it completely depends on your usage. Hope this helps

Last edited by Turbohead : 1st August 2020 at 16:08.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 07:56   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations SuvidC ! Do post some pictures of the interiors too. It will be helpful for others who are looking out and comparing across variants. Wishing you happy miles with your new ride!
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks