Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2020, 07:22   #46
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced

An update- Took the delivery of the 2020 Vento Highline 1.0 TSI yesterday from VW Delhi West (pictures coming soon). The delivery experience was smooth and from what I can tell, this is a gem of an engine. She's able to comfortably potter around in 3rd/4th gear in moderate Delhi traffic, and does so with a refinement that was unheard for me till now (I owned a Tiago and used her as a daily driver until day before).

I have a question though. Since the Highline does not come factory fitted with a Reverse Camera, I got it installed from VW itself and they claim it is an OEM camera with OEM fitment. I've read elsewhere that the original camera placement for VW sedans is on the boot opening latch. However, I can see that the dealership has installed it in one of the registration plate lights instead. While the camera works just fine, that registration plate light does not work. Unfortunately, this is the only thing I missed checking while taking the delivery and noticed it only while checking the car out with her lights on once I got back home. Need to know from the folks here if-

1. Registration plate light is the correct OEM placement for the reverse camera in the Vento, considering it is claimed to be the OEM camera; and

2. Assuming it is, if that particular registration plate light still works after the camera is placed there.

Looking at a new car with just one registration plate light switching on is wreaking havoc on my OCD infested brain, so any quick responses are much appreciated so that I could get this resolved.

Thanks!
SuvidC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 12:28   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuvidC View Post

they claim it is an OEM camera with OEM fitment. I've read elsewhere that the original camera placement for VW sedans is on the boot opening latch.
I had asked the same thing to the VW dealership in Thane for the Polo. They were honest to accept that the reverse camera is not a part of official accessories provided by VW. It is more of an aftermarket thing which you get installed from dealership with a peace of mind that there will be no issues with warranty lapse in the future.
Regarding the placement, I have seen this in multiple VWs that the camera is aligned slightly towards a side so as to not block the registration plate lights.
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 12:38   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SansGT View Post
They were honest to accept that the reverse camera is not a part of official accessories provided by VW. It is more of an aftermarket thing which you get installed from dealership with a peace of mind that there will be no issues with warranty lapse in the future.
Thanks! I got them to accept the same. I glanced through the accessory catalogue for the Vento and could find the part number for the OEM reverse camera there. I quoted this to the SA and he apologised for not telling me that the one he fitted was an aftermarket workaround. As we speak, he is on his way to my place with a technician and the OEM camera (this time, he has confirmed the part number to me) to replace it on my car. He demanded 3000 extra for the OEM camera (apart from what I had already paid for the aftermarket one), which I have grudgingly accepted in the zeal to keep the car stock. So unless something else throws up, this should finally be resolved.
SuvidC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 11:50   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks everyone. The dealer finally offered a really good deal on the Highline and I've gone ahead with that. Completed the PDI yesterday and all's good (June manufactured, 11km on the ODO).
Congrats SuvidC. wish you happy miles for years to come!!

What was the final deal?

I had booked Comfortline for 9.85 on-raod in Bangalore (Damn high taxes in KA ) and delivery date in third week for August. Now I'm being told by SA that there won't be any CL production/delivery in August and he's trying to upsell HL to me.
Old 7th August 2020, 12:16   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toroid View Post
Congrats SuvidC. wish you happy miles for years to come!!

What was the final deal?

I had booked Comfortline for 9.85 on-raod in Bangalore (Damn high taxes in KA ) and delivery date in third week for August. Now I'm being told by SA that there won't be any CL production/delivery in August and he's trying to upsell HL to me.
Thanks. Can't disclose the actual figures (the dealership was very particular about this ), but the final amount was pretty close to 10 lakhs. Even I was initially offered CL for 9.1 lakhs on road, but the cost to benefit aspect of the sweetened Highline deal drew me towards that.

Coming from a Tata though, I find the fit, finish, refinement and driveability other worldly, and the 1.0 TSI is the petrol mill to go for this side of 10 lakhs. Will pen down more observations as I go.
Old 15th August 2020, 22:48   #51
BHPian

Has anyone heard about the automatic Polo or Vento? They supposed to be coming in September. But it's so quiet, I feel this launch will get delayed further.
Old 16th August 2020, 10:56   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
Has anyone heard about the automatic Polo or Vento? They supposed to be coming in September. But it's so quiet, I feel this launch will get delayed further.
I had got a call during the last week of July from a nearby dealer that they were taking bookings of the automatic Polo. I was told that they were getting the first batch of deliveries towards the end of August or first week of September then. They still did not have clarity on the specs or the exact difference between HL+ automatic and the GT.
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 12:27   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I got them to accept the same. I glanced through the accessory catalogue for the Vento and could find the part number for the OEM reverse camera there. I quoted this to the SA and he apologised for not telling me that the one he fitted was an aftermarket workaround. As we speak, he is on his way to my place with a technician and the OEM camera (this time, he has confirmed the part number to me) to replace it on my car. He demanded 3000 extra for the OEM camera (apart from what I had already paid for the aftermarket one), which I have grudgingly accepted in the zeal to keep the car stock. So unless something else throws up, this should finally be resolved.
Can you please share the part number for the OEM reverse camera?
Old 16th August 2020, 12:31   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
Can you please share the part number for the OEM reverse camera?
Hey, here's the image of the sticker with all details from the original packaging I received.

Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced-received_676604596264908.jpeg

Hope this helps.
SuvidC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 16:50   #55
Sen
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, here's the image of the sticker with all details from the original packaging I received.

Attachment 2043426

Hope this helps.
By any chance, can you share an image of the OEM reverse parking camera on your Vento? I've driven the Vento TSI Highline Plus MT the order day, and saw the camera fitted to where the boot release button is. Is that OEM fitment? (seemed like it, well concealed anyhow)

On a related subnote, got offered a 10.35l ex-showroom working up to about 12.65l on road here at hyderabad (awaiting clarity on this part) with approx 40k for insurance.

Every SA i spoke to aggressively pushed for Raheja QBE as the insurance provider calling them new and "the best"! (unlimited zero dep claims allowed apparently)

If any of you BHPians had to go for a hassle-free experience, which of the below would you pick?

Bharti AXA general insurance company limited
Liberty general insurance company limited
Raheja QBE general insurance company limited (they kept pushing this provider)
Icici Lombard general insurance company limited
Future generali insurance company limited

They did mention that it's internal adjustment and they can offer me these providers at approx. the same cost with the following addons:

Zero depreciation
Return to invoice
Consumables
Engine protection cover

Any advice?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st November 2020 at 12:12. Reason: Typo.
Old 21st October 2020, 18:02   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen View Post
By any chance, can you share an image of the OEM reverse parking camera on your Vento?

On a related subnote, got offered a 10.35l ex-showroom working up to about 12.65l on road here at hyderabad (awaiting clarity on this part) with approx 40k for insurance.

Every SA i spoke to aggressively pushed for Raheja QBE as the insurance provider calling them new and "the best"! (unlimited zero dep claims allowed apparently)
- Posting a picture from my Vento, that's the correct OEM placement.

Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced-img_20201021_175402.jpg

- An extra 2.5 lacs on road for LED headlamps, 16 inch alloys, rear camera and a couple of additional airbags as compared to a Manual Highline doesn't add up IMHO. I see scope for further negotiations, especially considering that the Vento isn't exactly selling like hot cakes!

- I got a pretty comprehensive Liberty Insurance in the package when I bought the car. Has all percieved add ons like engine cover, key replacement, hotel stays, personal belongings' compensation etc. included. Fortunately, haven't had to use it yet, so can't comment on the service.

Good luck with your purchase, and congratulations in advance.
Old 21st October 2020, 18:50   #57
Sen
BHPian

Quote:
- Posting a picture from my Vento, that's the correct OEM placement.

Attachment 2070562

- An extra 2.5 lacs on road for LED headlamps, 16 inch alloys, rear camera and a couple of additional airbags as compared to a Manual Highline doesn't add up IMHO. I see scope for further negotiations, especially considering that the Vento isn't exactly selling like hot cakes!

- I got a pretty comprehensive Liberty Insurance in the package when I bought the car. Has all percieved add ons like engine cover, key replacement, hotel stays, personal belongings' compensation etc. included. Fortunately, haven't had to use it yet, so can't comment on the service.

Good luck with your purchase, and congratulations in advance.
Thanks for the reply SuvidC! That was the exact place on the TD vehicle. Fears allayed.

I'm having second thoughts too, the headlights on the Vento in general are pretty poor visibility-wise. (I've got to upgrade them somehow later if I can!)

But, the airbags coupled with the headlights were two of my primary concerns on the Vento highline. No price on slightly more safety that could help in unfortunate circumstances, and this car will definitely see some highway mileage as well.

Definitely a bargaining chip I'll play into the conversation.

I've dealt with Liberty Videocon on my Duke insurance claim a few years ago, there was a slight bit of hassle, but it's been good to me. Might go for that based on experience and negotiate the bells and whistles.
Old 1st November 2020, 11:13   #58
BHPian

Cleaned and coronated on a Sunday Morning. I've started to see value in DIY waterless car wash off late. Takes patience and effort, but the results are worth it.

Volkswagen Polo, Vento 1.0L TSI Highline Plus prices reduced-img_20201101_1043512.jpg
SuvidC is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 15:22   #59
gus
BHPian

Guys, does it still makes sense to get a vento, given so many modern entrants in the same price range like city, verna, sonet, venue, nexon. I know its a hetrogeneous collection but price is what keeps thems together.

I went to see the vento today and loved it but I am very much concerned about its After sales and maintenance costs plus reliability issues.

City is good- longer, wider and more spacious not to mention feature loaded but Its not as solidly built as the vento or drives as good as it and this is what titlts me towards vento-driving dynamics and built quality

Sonet is also good and feature loaded but not sure how would it after sales service be, given its still new and also, the built quality wasnt anything like vento.
I am super confused :( can some body help sort this out for me. Form factor is not a major concern for here.
gus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 06:29   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus View Post
Guys, does it still makes sense to get a vento, given so many modern entrants in the same price range like city, verna, sonet, venue, nexon. I know its a hetrogeneous collection but price is what keeps thems together.
Take a test drive of the Yaris. The G variant is real value for money. If you are not bothered by its looks, it is actually the best balance of the requirements you have mentioned.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks