Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2007, 12:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
San Engg and Locomotive, or whatever they're called, have been in Whitefield for decades. They're opposite ITPL.
Suri and Nayyar. They make small shunting locomotives and some meter gauge locos for use by railways and private players that have their own railway yards for loading/unloading - locomotives made with Kirloskar Cummins engines. I was a train watcher as a kid.

Last edited by Steeroid : 25th March 2007 at 12:02.
Old 25th March 2007, 12:01   #17
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think final assembly is in Goa. San Engg and Locomotive, or whatever they're called, have been in Whitefield for decades. They're opposite ITPL.
And also above my office. I see a San Storm red or yellow everyday just outside my office building.
Old 25th March 2007, 13:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

There is a dealer in Ahmedabad on 2nd floor . Its such a small place they cant even keep the car for display. I got away without wasting even a second. I wonder how they service the car.
Old 25th March 2007, 13:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

Well well well.......the San Storm is making a come back for sure, as I happen to know a gentleman from Mumbai who has been hired as their "consultant", I know for a fact that they are getting a much better engine which may not quite qualify as "SPORTS ENGINE" as in the terminology of Bhpians, but for a "man or woman on the street" who just wants something "different without spending a bomb it may work. I may be able to find out more when I meet this guy ...he is travelling right now, maybe I can post an update when I get a handle on some "inside info"

Cheers
Old 25th March 2007, 13:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
....I think if they manage to get a deal with either Maruti (Baleno's 1.6L Engine) or Fiat (1.6L Engine)...it can do wonders for the car. ..........
how about the 1.6 rocam from ford, ford isnt using this engine in india, so they can sell it to them. (or atleast the 1.3 rocam, if the san guys think about FE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
There is a dealer in Ahmedabad on 2nd floor . Its such a small place they cant even keep the car for display. I got away without wasting even a second. I wonder how they service the car.
oh!!!, thats very simple, they can keep the car vertically standing so that they have good access to the underbody

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 25th March 2007 at 13:41.
Old 25th March 2007, 16:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
AFAIK there was a San Strom which a foreign engine and yes it was first in its category. Which engine was it running??
It was running a g13b if I remember correctly with the engine & gearbox being built by Suzuki speed or something themselves. Anyways the owner is a friend & t-bhp member by the id Djchico.
Old 25th March 2007, 19:14   #22
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
... if they sold me just the bare rolling chassis along with the bodywork, I swear to God I can make a competitive speedrun car ...
And if they sold me just the bare rolling chassis along with the engine, I swear to God I can make a kiddie go-kart out of the damn thing.

Anybody got one for sale for 25K or so?
Old 25th March 2007, 19:50   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
I wonder how they service the car.
Must be a DIY thing. Give a swift kick above the front wheel well - the engine will fall - crumple it and dispose in common waste basket. Replace with new engine from local grocery store. Fix with super glue.
Old 25th March 2007, 20:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Not the G13B Indian, but the DOHC 1.3 (forgot the code for that) with some nitrous. He did pretty well.

Ananth, it's FWD. Not your scene.
Old 26th March 2007, 05:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ananth, it's FWD. Not your scene.
No one says it SHOULD be FWD. Think about it.

Last edited by ananthkamath : 26th March 2007 at 05:42.
Old 26th March 2007, 05:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
And if they sold me just the bare rolling chassis along with the engine, I swear to God I can make a kiddie go-kart out of the damn thing.

Anybody got one for sale for 25K or so?
Yeah some people are creative. Salut.
Old 12th July 2007, 20:10   #27
BHPian

I replied and then tried to edit... that post just disappeared...

This article gives a feeling that the car is not as bad as it seems.
San Storm - Sequel | First Drives - CarWale.com India
Old 12th July 2007, 20:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Must be a DIY thing. Give a swift kick above the front wheel well - the engine will fall - crumple it and dispose in common waste basket. Replace with new engine from local grocery store. Fix with super glue.

hahahahaha.... thats a good one!!
I remember seeing a San storm sometime back. The reason I remember it, was due to the fact that I overtook it with sheer ease..on my Kinetic.. .

On a serious note,a peppy engine, a few changes to the build & quality,and it could do wonders in the Indian market.
Old 12th July 2007, 20:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

It will shortly be coming with a 1.6 Lt engine with some makeover on the bodywork as well. That should set the ball rolling I'd say..They still have their order books full - infact a waiting period of 3 months - obviously the numbers produced are eerrrrr not so many !!!!

Let's wait & watch

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 12th July 2007 at 20:23.
Old 12th July 2007, 20:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
There is a guy working near to where I stay has 2 brand new San Storms (In Pune). One in RED and one in BLUE. I believe it has 1.1/1.2 "SPORTY" engine to pull it off... But honestly... people around just watch this car as they feel it to be something really "MEAN machine"....

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio Sport
yes i have seen both blue and red. red looks better

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks