Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2020, 19:47   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I disagree with this, Toyota won’t give all other markets like South Africa, Australia and Europe(LC Prado) the upgraded engine and leave India with the older engine. They will definitely get the upgraded engine, Autocar India also has been denying that India will get the upgraded engine. I don’t understand why.
If Toyota can price the (now discontinued) LC Prado with the 3.0L engine of last generation fortuner at almost 1 crore ex showroom, they can continue giving the older tune for the present generation Fortuner.
No offense meant to anyone but I personally don't have much hopes from Toyota. They always take the Indian market very casually, I wish something like a "Kia Seltos" sort of happens for Innova and fortuner and wakes up Toyota Bharat.

Lowflyer23
Lowflyer23 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 19:56   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
If Toyota can price the (now discontinued) LC Prado with the 3.0L engine of last generation fortuner at almost 1 crore ex showroom, they can continue giving the older tune for the present generation Fortuner.
The LC Prado was a CBU hence the exorbitant pricing (typical Toyota CBU pricing), secondly there is a difference between an engine and a power upgrade in an engine. Also the 2.8L back in the day had DPF clogging issues which would have occurred due to BS4 fuel. Once the BS6 2.8L engine was launched, the issue had been resolved and fuel had also shifted to BS6 (60-70% availability of BS6 fuel in Jan 2020). There are talks of launching the 2.8L LC Prado as a CKD if I am not wrong.

But I agree with the fact that Toyota needs to pull up their socks otherwise they are finished in India, once Hyundai and Kia come guns blazing with their MPVs and SUVs in India, the Innova and Fortuner will face a lot of heat. That will be their waking call, until then it's their monopoly in the both the segments which they are clearly enjoying at the moment.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th September 2020 at 09:49. Reason: Punctuation and their spacing.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 09:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
But I agree with the fact that Toyota needs to pull up their socks otherwise they are finished in India, once Hyundai And Kia come guns blazing with their MPVs and SUVs in India, the Innova and Fortuner will face a lot of heat. That will be their waking call, until then it's their monopoly in the both the segments which they are clearly enjoying at the moment.
Hyundai could have threatened that monopoly by now. Only issue is they have the Tucson which is a suv that's neither here nor there. Priced more than Harrier and Hector, but lesser than Fortuner. They had the Santa Fe, but even that lacked the butch appearance of a Fortuner or Endeavour. They need to sort out the design aspect first. Going by the new Creta, they have a lot of work to do in that department. Butch looks matter a lot to the buyers of the D2 SUV segment.
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 13:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Sport Variant is claimed to get a few cosmetic updates inside and out similar to the global spec Everest SUV.

The Endeavour Sport variant will carry forward the very same 2.0L EcoBlue 4 cyl turbo diesel engine producing 170PS and 420NM through the new 10 Speed Automatic transmission. The Sport variant is likely to be available in both 2WD & 4WD versions.

When launched the Endeavour Sport will compete against the Toyota Fortuner TRD Limited edition and could be priced at a slight premium over the standard Endeavour versions. (Rs 30L to Rs 34.8L ex showroom)

Source: https://teamautotrend.com/news_singl...u-need-to-know

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 7th September 2020 at 13:40.
Old 8th September 2020, 09:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

Ford Endeavour Sport arrived at dealership

Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-smartselect_20200908095338_chrome.jpg

Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-smartselect_20200908095347_chrome.jpg

Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-smartselect_20200908095354_chrome.jpg

Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-smartselect_20200908095402_chrome.jpg

https://www.rushlane.com/new-ford-en...-12374840.html

Last edited by Venkatesh : 8th September 2020 at 09:59.
Venkatesh is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 12:27   #36
BHPian

They should have done away with all the chrome (badging, door handles ) and just offered it in black like the harrier.

It looks ugly in this goldish colour at least. Red, white, black will be good colours to complement the black theme.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 13:47   #37
Team-BHP Support

The interiors look beige still? So its a sports variant with black bits but not fully dechromed and has beige interiors.

Ford has managed to do a half hearted job for this.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 15:13   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford should reintroduce other colours as well like the old silver, red and brown. I hate this diffused silver (aka golden) on the Endeavour, black details on the golden look absolutely yuck! These blackened out details will look good on the white and dope on the Black, if only the handles were also de-chromed! Interior from outside is looking beige like the current car. Again a half hearted attempt just like the Freestyle Flair.

The full black looks classy only if Ford had dechromed those door handles as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-annotation-20200908-151543.png  

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 8th September 2020 at 15:18.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 16:55   #39
BHPian

This is really sad,

I expected Ford to do a much better job with the Sport.
I really had my hopes up after reading GTO's post about the Fiesta 1.6S and the Mondeo.

And what a half hearted job that too.
Chrome Handles??
Beige interiors??

FORD! what is wrong, man?!?

Toyota did it SO MUCH better witht the TRD Sportivo.
The blacked out lamps, spoiler, wheels and body kit really made it look sporty and helped it stand out.

Not so the case with the endeavour,

Just looks like a cheap RICEr slapped a sport sticker on the tailgate and called it a day.
I will lose it if they demand a premium for the sport over the already quite expensive vehicle, more so after taking the 3.0 out of the bay. The 2 litre is no fun.

And going by the above posts, they probably are going to charge us for stickers.
If I happen to pick up a sport, the first thing I'd do is debadge the heck out of it.

Last edited by viXit : 8th September 2020 at 16:57.
viXit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 17:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
I expected Ford to do a much better job with the Sport.
Absolutely.
Surprisingly they are launching the Sport edition in 2WD as well. Sport should be full fledged 4WD with some optional off road kit.
On the other hand, they should also have the 2.0L 4x4 manual as well.
Please note that Ford had launched the 2.2L 4x4 MT Trend in 2016 but stopped it soon after, because of poor sales. A manual 4x4 will be a hit as the Endeavour is now in demand.
Old 8th September 2020, 17:08   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post

Just looks like a cheap RICEr slapped a sport sticker on the tailgate and called it a day.
I will lose it if they demand a premium for the sport over the already quite expensive vehicle, more so after taking the 3.0 out of the bay. The 2 litre is no fun.
Also in these photos the black trim makes it looks like a bargain base variant instead of a Sport/ limited variant.
Old 8th September 2020, 22:32   #42
BHPian

Any news regarding the twin-turbo engine making it to the sport variant?

I know it had been ruled-out for India already, but IIRC, there was some new speculation that Ford would be launching it in the sport variant, and that's why it was caught testing a few weeks back.
Old 8th September 2020, 22:37   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
Also in these photos the black trim makes it looks like a bargain base variant instead of a Sport/ limited variant.
Absolutely

Not gonna repeat again what Ford should've done.
Ford did a crap job.
Old 9th September 2020, 15:02   #44
Senior - BHPian

All Black Ford Endeavour Sport spotted alongside regular variant.

Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-smartselect_20200909150010_chrome.jpg

Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-smartselect_20200909150020_chrome.jpg

Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-smartselect_20200909150027_chrome.jpg

Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-smartselect_20200909150034_chrome.jpg

Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-smartselect_20200909150044_chrome.jpg

Source : MotorBeam
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 15:37   #45
Senior - BHPian

Probably the first time someone has tested a car for cosmetic upgrades! Black interior should at least be a option.
giri1.8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks