Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2020, 10:53   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied

It will come with sporty black elements on the exterior including all-black grill, black tailgate garnish, ORVMs.

There is a sport badging on the tailgate and sport stickers on the side. The interior is expected to get all black upholstery.

It was launched in Thailand last year and was available in Arctic White, Absolute Black and Aluminium Metallic colour options. India launch expected soon.

Source:https://www.motorbeam.com/ford-endea...d-launch-soon/

Something like this is expected, pic taken from the internet of the Thailand Everest.

PS: Mods please merge the this post with the first one,
Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-img4201.jpg  

Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-fordendeavoureverestsportexteriors2019thaim426d.jpg  

Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-img4202.jpg  

Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-img4203.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd September 2020 at 17:26. Reason: Merged
CEF_Beasts is online now   (22) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 11:10   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied

I hope this Sport variant has additional power(twin turbo 210hp version) to justify the Sport badge. The current 168hp variant lacks the power, and loses out on power to weight ratio to Fortuner and old 3.2 variant. Hoping Ford is listening to us enthusiasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
There is a sport badging on the tailgate and sport stickers on the side. The interior is expected to get all black upholstery.
.anshuman is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 16:32   #3
BHPian

Is the Sport Special Edition only limited to cosmetic changes or does it come with any performance upgrade like Bi-Turbo Engine from International version of Ford Everest?

Quoting from an Australian website:
Quote:
The new engine, which Ford markets as ‘Bi-Turbo’, is its latest-generation diesel donk. It’s got 2.0 litres of capacity using two (sequential) turbochargers to make 157kW (210 BHP) at 3750rpm and 500Nm at 1750–2000rpm. It uses Ford’s new 10-speed gearbox, which was co-developed with GM.
https://www.caradvice.com.au/717390/...re-comparison/

I really hope Ford doesn't disappoint enthusiasts this time.

Last edited by WhiteSierra : 2nd September 2020 at 16:33.
WhiteSierra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 16:34   #4
BHPian

This is how the Everest Sport looks in Australia.

Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-knswqc8pk1usdcta9vr8.jpg

IMHO, the black interior suits the Endeavour character!

Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-2019fordeverestinterior.jpg

If this is how the Endeavour Sport ends up looking, I will sell my house and buy one!
Kingston is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 17:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Tone down the expectations, friends. I guess Ford made it clear when they launched the BS6 variants of the Endeavour with the 2.0-liter engine that the Bi-Turbo variant isn't on the cards anytime now.

This 'Sport' variant is just going to get a slew of cosmetic changes and all-black interiors that, as the pictures posted suggest, look brilliant. Is this a response to Toyota bringing in the Fortuner TRD here with cosmetic and feature add-ons?
arvi86 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 17:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Saw this being tested during my commute, this surely should have some kind of mechanical change. Ford surely won't test a car for just cosmetic makeover.

Hope it's the much anticipated twin turbo engine.
giri1.8 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 19:32   #7
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I saw two versions of this car last week. Looked like a "corporate" edition with black grill in front. I followed the cars for quite a distance.

From the angle of my view, the Sunroof seems to be missing in this "Sport" edition.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied-whatsapp-image-20200902-19.21.12.jpeg  

MAS is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 07:08   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour 'Sport' edition spied

Not too sure how the "blackened" effect will look on a big SUV. Will reserve my comments on that until I see it in person. But Ford should take this opportunity to bring the bi-turbo 2.0 diesel. Overnight, it lost its enthusiast following once the 3.2L was discontinued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Tone down the expectations, friends. I guess Ford made it clear when they launched the BS6 variants of the Endeavour with the 2.0-liter engine that the Bi-Turbo variant isn't on the cards anytime now.
But it is also the same company that has sold cars like the Fiesta 1.6S & Mondeo in India. I'm sure there are more than a couple of driving enthusiasts in Ford India who are pushing for the bi-turbo. After all, the engine is already ready internationally. It's a zero effort exercise.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 08:15   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not too sure how the "blackened" effect will look on a big SUV. Will reserve my comments on that until I see it in person. But Ford should take this opportunity to bring the bi-turbo 2.0 diesel. Overnight, it lost its enthusiast following once the 3.2L was discontinued.

But it is also the same company that has sold cars like the Fiesta 1.6S & Mondeo in India. I'm sure there are more than a couple of driving enthusiasts in Ford India who are pushing for the bi-turbo. After all, the engine is already ready internationally. It's a zero effort exercise.
In abroad the Sport is placed below Titanium and above Trend . In India, I am also optimistically thinking that , they will bring bi-turbo. But the price may go up by 4 lakhs. Will Indian customers pay that much premium for a biturbo ? Will Ford be able to breakeven the cost of getting the biturbo here and launching it ?
Old 3rd September 2020, 08:29   #10
BHPian

If they come out with blacked out version with 2.0 bi-turbo, I'm definitely buying one. Ford had done price changes before and can very well shuffle pricing to distinguish high power vs low power models.

Otherwise, I'll be forced to buy a year old 3.2 and go for aftermarket blacked out effects.
Old 3rd September 2020, 10:52   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
But the price may go up by 4 lakhs. Will Indian customers pay that much premium for a biturbo ? Will Ford be able to breakeven the cost of getting the biturbo here and launching it ?
Why not?! There will always be takers for powerful/sportier (proper sporty with a bigger heart and not sticker-jobs) even in a price conscious market like ours, provided it is practical as well.

Case in point – the Polo GTs (even the GTI sold out!), Octavia RS, BMW 330i, 530d, Merc AMGs etc.,

It won't be a volume game but rather a neat marketing trick. They could position it as an enthusiast's car, get prospective buyers' attention and then sell the 2.0 to folks who want VFM.
Kingston is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 10:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

While the bi-turbo is more than welcome - and much deserved on a beast that the Endeavour is - it is bound to increase the pricing! I am appalled to see the insane price hikes that these SUVs have been seeing of late! Both the Endeavour as well as the Fortuner are close to INR 44 lac on-road here in Bangalore for the 4x4 auto variant!! That's outright crazy. All said and done, Toyota and Ford are NOT premium brands from any aspect. Notwithstanding the capabilities of these mean machines, such pricing is uncalled for.
cool_dube is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:02   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

The Everest Sport ad in the Oz. Come with 20" alloys and some really mouth watering stuff!

Only if we could get permission to tow legally like there..
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 02:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
While the bi-turbo is more than welcome - and much deserved on a beast that the Endeavour is - it is bound to increase the pricing! I am appalled to see the insane price hikes that these SUVs have been seeing of late! Both the Endeavour as well as the Fortuner are close to INR 44 lac on-road here in Bangalore for the 4x4 auto variant!! That's outright crazy. All said and done, Toyota and Ford are NOT premium brands from any aspect. Notwithstanding the capabilities of these mean machines, such pricing is uncalled for.
Thats some insane prices, but primarily due to tax structure in Bangalore. Here in Pune, non TRD Fortuner top end costs around 41 L, while Endeavour top end at 39L. If one wants reliability, with the ability , imo that's an acceptable price.
Old 4th September 2020, 10:02   #15
BHPian

IMO Ford might launch the bi-turbo variant at a premium of 3-4 lakhs and this car could be one of the halo products Ford will be launching in our market.
I really hope I'm not wrong, Ford!!
Lowflyer23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks