Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2020, 20:13   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago crosses 3 lakh unit production milestone

I feel very happy right now for Tata motors right now. They finally have been getting the response they deserve. And this has surely come at a cost. They gave market flops like Bolt and Aria, which people rightfully rejected but since then there's no looking back. The tigor, tiago, altroz, nexon everything in their portfolio is now refreshed and widely accepted by the audience. Still, they are not the perfect but have come a long way.
The best way to describe Tata's success is "As you sow, so shall you reap". And they have been widely benefitted due to their approach to safety and consumer centric products. Even the cheapest product in their portfolio needs no introduction about safety parameters. I am still fascinated by BHPian DCEite's profile signature-
"Kitne stars hai"
chiefpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 21:33   #32
BHPian

Awesome feat for Tata, drove the AMT recently it's a pretty good deal for what it's worth. The sturdy chassis, plush suspension and ride, decent steering and fairly equipped as well.

What i think they should improve is the interior plastic quality and texture. Right after the Tiagor I drive the NIOS the interiors are far far upmarket than the Tiago. The plastics may be hard, but the intelligent use of textures really make the difference.

The top spec XZ AMT is almost 8.xx lacs. Cars have sure become expensive, in 2015 Punto top end Diesel costed me 8.15lacs on road with some discounts.
Old 24th September 2020, 23:38   #33
BHPian

This was the car that got us into a TATA showroom. Never thought we would have a TATA car at home. 2.5 years and it has been a bliss owning it and driving it.

Yes the 1.2 engine is anaemic and the AMT doesn’t help, it has quite a bit of rattles and some other niggles, but as a city only car, we are very happy with it. Solid build quality, fantastic ride quality, is a looker, fairly loaded and can take some serious abuse on Bengaluru’s craters.

Kudos to TATA for this little one and their new generation products. Congratulations on the milestone Tata.

Can’t believe I would say this, but yeah “proud to own a TATA”. Mechanically she’s been flawless with absolutely no issues.

Here’s our little Tiago
Tata Tiago crosses 3 lakh unit production milestone-6f452153a9294ea989f582caa3bfce98.jpeg
drhoneycake is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 00:04   #34
BHPian

Proud moment for Indians and Tiago owners.
Happy to be part of growing family.
To celebrate this moment here is my Tio 2016 batch

Tata Tiago crosses 3 lakh unit production milestone-imageuploadedbyteambhp1600972452.301248.jpg
ank_bhp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 02:30   #35
BHPian

Congratulations Tata !

The car that single handedly converted me from a hardcore Tata basher to a lover of all things TATA !

I never thought I would ever end up recommending anyone, let alone my best friend buy a Tata ! But oh my what a machine she turned out to be.

Extreme value for money, frugal petrol engine, solid stability, comfortable suspension, huge on space but a compact footprint and the build quality is the icing on the cake. All this for 6.07 lakhs on-road for the XZ was the cherry on top back in November 2017.

Good thing was my best friend was a learner at that time, so I did all the driving and teaching him to drive and clocked close to 1000kms in the first month. *Touchwood* she has been very reliable to date. Also on the whole that 1.2 petrol is not as bad as it is made out to be, quite tractable and funnily enough more frugal in the mid range.

Keep going places TATA ! You deserve this for reinventing your brand to such an extent that kids these days will never know about the gremlins associated with the older workhorses from your stable.

P.S. My friend thanks me to date for dragging him to the Tata showroom. The higher price of the Liva VX and the fact it was love at first sight after entering the showroom all worked in the little Tata's favor. To date my favourite color on the Tiago remains Striker Blue !

Tata Tiago crosses 3 lakh unit production milestone-img_20171103_094252.jpg

Last edited by Shanksta : 25th September 2020 at 02:40. Reason: Adding Information
Shanksta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 09:00   #36
BHPian

You feel confident in this solid car. I converted some 12 or 13 folks from the Swift group to the Tiago group and they are all super happy.

Just to make their purchase smooth I would personally call up the same sales person that sold me the Hexa and would ask him to help them out, that way ironing out the sales experience. And in the same way I would send them all to the same service manager that takes care of my Hexa.

If the sales and service part of Tata is taken care of they make some of the worlds best cars, its as simple as that.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 17:40   #37
BHPian

Really great to see TATA successfully challenging Maruti's stronghold in small car category. And I truly believe Tiago has been instrumental in bringing about an awareness about safety and crash worthiness even to first time car buyer. More power to you TATA!
Old 25th September 2020, 17:46   #38
BHPian

Congratulations to TATA for this milestone.
As an owner from TELCO days, progress is right up there. There is world of positive difference from Indica LSi to Tiago XZA.

However, sales experience is still nothing to write home about and I hope it's on their radar.
Old 26th September 2020, 12:23   #39
BHPian

What they now need to look into are, rattles. Build quality is fantastic, feature set nice, good looking, decent mileage, Tata A.S.S improving, but still i don't understand why some panels rattle even in newer cars.

I drove an altroz and the case with the car is exactly the same as above, everything fantastic except I was hearing some squeaks and rattles from front side.

Which department does this fall into? QC? Quality control is for checking whether everything is fitted correctly etc, if I'm not mistaken, maybe there is a flaw in design of some panels which can be fixed at production to not cause rattles at all? I wouldn't mind slightly lower quality plastic panels ( considering compared to maruti cars, tata plastic quality is on average several levels better ) in return for strongly fitted ones.

Maruti also has notorious history of rattly cars, Tata is not nearly as bad, if they improve on this aspect as well, then it'll be 11/10

Last edited by SaiSW : 26th September 2020 at 12:25.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 12:49   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
You feel confident in this solid car. I converted some 12 or 13 folks from the Swift group to the Tiago group and they are all super happy.

Just to make their purchase smooth I would personally call up the same sales person that sold me the Hexa and would ask him to help them out, that way ironing out the sales experience. And in the same way I would send them all to the same service manager that takes care of my Hexa.

If the sales and service part of Tata is taken care of they make some of the worlds best cars, its as simple as that.

As a repeat owner of Tata Cars (earlier the Indica and now the Storme), I can say with a lot of confidence that Tata Cars have come a long way. They are well designed and well built and offer terrific value.

What needs to improve is the sales and service experience where you do not get a consistent experience like in case of MSIL. You need to invest time and effort to build relationships with your dealership staff. Once you have done so, the level of service is significantly better. Unfortunately for Tata Motors, most customers don't have the time or the inclination to do so.

Tiago is a product which has started the turnaround for Tata Motors Passenger Car business. Despite some limitations ( the engine for instance) it had done well and most buyers are very satisfied. Enthusiasts may not agree, but then they are a difficult lot to please. What they often want, is at complete variance with what the larger market demands.

I am very hopeful that Nexon, Harrier, Altroz and the following Tata Motor products will build on this foundation provided by the Tiago and make Tata Motors a brand we Indians can be proud of.
rajneeesh is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks