Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2020, 16:12   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors produces its 4-million'th passenger vehicle

This is very good to know the improvements being made by the home grown brands.

We have never owned a Tata vehicle till now but heard a lot of horror stories about the After sales service.

While the cars are getting good, can the current owners comment on wether the after sales service has improved correspondingly as well?

Asking this because the experience of a car is not just about the car but includes the after sales service well. A bad service can ruin the feeling of a good car.
raghukodali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 16:38   #17
BHPian

Congrats TATA Motors for the achievement.

We had an Indigo Marina , Estate and Sierra within the close family. Great cars those were.

Interestingly none of their new gen cars are yet to make a comeback to the family garage!

But now I have many of my friends with Tiago, Hexa etc. and all of them are happy with their cars.

And yes for sure, my recommendation it was.

Last edited by kamilharis : 26th October 2020 at 16:42.
kamilharis is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 18:31   #18

It is quite heartening to see that within two decades an Indian brand is challenging the likes of Honda, Suzuki, Hyundai etc., by sheer perseverance , focus and hard work .It is happening in our lifetime! Kudos to the visionary management. Hope the general public realize what is happening and move away from glorified tin cans and support a homegrown brand.
Allterrain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 23:03   #19

Makes my heart swell with pride seeing the technical prowess of our homegrown manufacturer!

TATA cars have always had a soft spot in my heart, probably because when I was just 6 months old, we got home an Indica V2, with which I had quite a lot of fond memories over the 12 years and ~80,000 kms for which she was with us. I am glad to say that even today we have a TATA badge in our garage in the form of an Aria 4x4 - which we probably have to let go soon due to the NGT rule in NCR :(

Nonetheless, I have driven her extensively ever since I got my driver's license about 1.5 years ago; right from learning how to maneuver a behemoth within city limits to passing my driver's test and 10,000+ kms of roadtrips ever since - she was with me, not ever letting me down.

Tata Motors produces its 4-million'th passenger vehicle-ariana.png

Tata Motors produces its 4-million'th passenger vehicle-untitled1.jpg
MoTo_meister is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 03:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Tata Motors. Its still sad that Nano was a flop when it could have been India's own Prius in the sense that it could cut across social economic hierarchy's as a showcase of India's frugal engineering and humility. I remember before it was launched, how almost every one was talking about it including films stars and celebs to the man on the street. It could have been the ultimate cool car which you could drive proudly irrespective of your social status or the price of the car. Alas.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 06:27   #21

Congratulations Tata. This is a brand most of the folks used to rely blindly except while purchasing car. And how that has changed in the last few years! I had purchased a Punto 10 years ago and none of the other Tata cars in the same showroom resonate with me. Fast forward, I got my first Tata in the form of Hexa this March. Covering 1,000+ kms every month since, including 1600 kms drive from Bangalore to Odisha, 900 kms to Kolkata and other smaller ones.

Yesterday went for anther short escape one, except for the overrated JBL music system, I find this one a keeper (touchwood). Now a Tiago is joining us in next 1 week at my in laws place. In small towns, no one could think beyond Maruti and Hyundai earlier, one test drive of Tiago and my FIL who had never owned a car and who still calls a M800 as Maruti car, couldn't accept anything else, including the venerable Wagon R and Santro. It's changing.

Tata time has come, they need to buckle up service and reliability experience, else all will go for a toss.

Tata Motors produces its 4-million'th passenger vehicle-img_20200814_103619.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 27th October 2020 at 06:49.
omzworld is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 09:23   #22
HrB
BHPian

Never owned a TATA car but have have experience with 2 Indica 1 Nexon, both owned by my BIL and also a Sumo Vista which was my office car for quite some time. Can't believe the improvement they have achieved since the Indica/Sumo days to Nexon/Hexa days now. Though Tata cars were never into consideration while buying my cars so far, I'm sure that's about to change when I go for my next purchase.
HrB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 09:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoTo_meister View Post
Makes my heart swell with pride seeing the technical prowess of our homegrown manufacturer!

TATA cars have always had a soft spot in my heart, probably because when I was just 6 months old, we got home an Indica V2, with which I had quite a lot of fond memories over the 12 years and ~80,000 kms for which she was with us. I am glad to say that even today we have a TATA badge in our garage in the form of an Aria 4x4....

Nonetheless, I have driven her extensively ever since I got my driver's license ......right from learning how to maneuver a behemoth within city limits.......
Ditto. For the Indica as well. Just replace the aria with safari for me.
I was a little kid when we had the Indica. And then an indigo and soon after, a safari storme.

They make good cars, but the niggles are a headache. The service centres are messed up and the attitude is bad. But most Tata owners keep them since they love their cars. The prowess of our car cannot be matched by anything else in the segment. Really happy to have spent my teens with the safari, childhood with the spacious indigo and my first car rides in an Indica.

From one TATA to another, I grew up
Tata Motors produces its 4-million'th passenger vehicle-639fc78371b94df9be8cd6c3290cf544.jpeg

Tata Motors produces its 4-million'th passenger vehicle-e8af85ec0f054f39b3edefada5ba779c.png

Our next car is very likely going to be a Tata too!

Either the harrier or the hexa

Tata Motors produces its 4-million'th passenger vehicle-c95beaa34ccd409fa0f0533896c703cd.jpeg

Last edited by viXit : 27th October 2020 at 09:47.
viXit is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 11:31   #24
BHPian

That's a great achievement. Congrats to Tata motors.
They have shown consistent quality improvements in lot of areas especially safety and design aspects.
Now the Indian customers have started asking crash test rating while purchasing the car. Thanks to TaMo for providing us safe cars.

Our Tata Tiago
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors produces its 4-million'th passenger vehicle-img20200930wa0014.jpg  

Ranjith812 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 11:37   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghukodali View Post
This is very good to know the improvements being made by the home grown brands.

We have never owned a Tata vehicle till now but heard a lot of horror stories about the After sales service.

While the cars are getting good, can the current owners comment on wether the after sales service has improved correspondingly as well?

Asking this because the experience of a car is not just about the car but includes the after sales service well. A bad service can ruin the feeling of a good car.
Service has improved drastically. Even my Nano gets picked up and dropped off for its annual service free of cost. Warranty policy is perhaps the best in the segment. No other company will provide you a no questions asked replacement of faulty parts without even filling a form. Case in point is the Seltos/Creta brake failure issue where Hyundai did not even acknowledge it.
Cessna182 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 21:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Just finished a Sunday drive of 633 kms in 22 hours on the Vista. It crossed 1,65,000 kms in its 9th year, the 5th Tata to do so.

Sierra, Sumo, Indica V2 Turbo, Indigo Marina and now the Vista. From 1995 onwards. Of all the cars we have had in the last 30 years, the Tatas have been true workhorses. Also had the Nano and the Safari for a brief while.

The Vista has seen more of the country than any other car I have had and it still is going strong. Kudos to Tata and here's wishing for more.
discoverwild is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 00:47   #27
BHPian

If there is 1 brand which is trying hard to provide quality, safe cars to Indian customers, it is Tata. All of their recent products like Nexon, Tiago, Hexa, Altroz, Harrier are amongst the best in class. Upcoming cars like Hornbill are going to increase their market share. And market response shows their hard work. Only thing they need to focus is After sales support. And they need aggressive marketing. Missing those old ads of Safari....
Congratulations Tata Motors for 40 Million.
Bhalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 01:02   #28
Sen
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhalla View Post
Only thing they need to focus is After sales support. And they need aggressive marketing. Missing those old ads of Safari.
Don't forget the interior build quality and fun-to-drive factor!

In my personal opinion, despite acquiring top brands like Jaguar and Land Rover in 2008, the fit and finish of interior plastics and the general feel-good factor of the car in my books is still something that's lacking. That coupled with their engine options and fun-to-drive rev-happy engine options is what also keeps me away from owing my own Tata and being vocal for local.

There's also the general perception of Tata cars being relegated to a "Taxi brand" like Toyota and Maruti-Suzuki (speaks volumes for durability, but we're very image conscious aren't we?), but Tata did practically drive the backbone of the car economy from a very early point in India. JTP twins were a taste of the enthusiast pie, but that also dissolved in short order, quite unfortunate.
Old 3rd November 2020, 07:22   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghukodali View Post

We owned a Tata Manza and currently own a Tiago. We have not had any problems with the service as such. But even if we had problems with service, which lasts for a day, are you not going to enjoy your favourite car for the rest of the year? Why do we place the same emphasis on a single day of service a year, compared to a full year of ownership. Anyway if you live in a city, because of free pickup and drop, u won't even have to visit their service centre. So, yeah it is sorted. Better to have a safe and peppy car with a neutral service than tin boxes being sold by enthusiastic service centers! Cough, cough! MS.
Raghuwire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 09:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to Tata Motors !

I owned a Safari EX followed by a Safari Gx, both sold after driving a little more than 1 L KM each. Both had its share of niggles, but nothing that they couldn't fix. Have never got stuck somewhere. Have enjoyed doing some rubbish stuff on non-existent roads. .

I almost bought the Storme when they launched, but was quite disappointed with the Exchange offers. I almost bought the Hexa too. Somehow, the tug of the safari wasn't there.

Well, I do have a bunch of my friends enjoying the Nexon's and Tiago's and Harrier's and they all are having fun and enjoying the drives.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks