Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2020, 09:37   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors produces its 4-million'th passenger vehicle

To be honest, I find Tata to be a far more innovative company as compared to many others. They have since very long experimented with designs (estate, sierra) to value for money (manza, zest etc) to modern cars (harrier, tiago). They have had their share of mismanagement and lost opportunities but they have tried to evolve.

As far as after sales service is concerned, I honestly feel we have hung up to the older perception for far too long. Every review of a Tata car ends up with one con : after sales service is a hit or a miss. Well that should be wriiten for every car review as I find most after sales services as a hit or a miss. I have never owned a Tata, but I have owned a maruti and a ford and nothing made me feel special in either of the two.

I have had complaints against both service centre works, I have had good as well as bad experience of handling my service in both service centers, with shoddy jobs, broken parts also. We are a tad too harsh to Tata I believe. I am sure if we dig through this esteemed forum, we have enough horror stories across brands.

Ofcourse, they still have a long way to go to deliver consistent quality and fight it out against the onslaught of brands.
Kudos to what they have achieved.
justwheels is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 10:12   #32
BHPian

Tata's video on reaching 4 million customers:
Old 19th November 2020, 23:28   #33
BHPian

Updated video link:
SuhairZain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 23:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhairZain View Post
Literally felt Goosebumps while watching this Video. Love this brand to the core. My dad worked in Tata Motors for 35 YEARS. He owned Indica and we have lots of memories with it. Now i own Tata Tiago and creating more happy memories with it. Extremely proud about you Tata Motors.
tushky is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 23:45   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

The 4th & 5th Tata are at home now. We started with the revised v1 Indica ( the initial niggles had been sorted out) in Aug 2000. It's been a long ownership, and a happy one. Approximately 3.39 lakh kilometers between these to date.

The Hexa is at the top of my list if I were to buy one now. Harrier - may be.

btw, the title of the thread should read 4 millionth vehicle from the Pune plant ? That's what I see in the opening post. I believe the Manza and the Nano were at other plants.

Last edited by condor : 19th November 2020 at 23:47.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks