Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2007, 15:07   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
I can confirm that there is a door related issue with Swift. This is from a casual chat with a Suzuki Workshop mechanic itself here.
Bad to hear that since I was considering buying a Swift
Old 9th April 2007, 15:10   #17
BHPian

UVA, Spark, Palio, Getz Prime

you have lots of options.
Old 9th April 2007, 15:13   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15 View Post

If the earlier quoted thread has been thread in its entirety, you'll notice that the problem has been fixed for the newer Swifts, while it was fixed on the earlier Swifts by Maruti mandate.
Old 9th April 2007, 15:23   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
If the earlier quoted thread has been thread in its entirety, you'll notice that the problem has been fixed for the newer Swifts, while it was fixed on the earlier Swifts by Maruti mandate.
No post- May 2006 Swift owner has come up uptil now to say that this problem is not there. I'll be wary until I'm sure. I guess I'll go to the dealer today to have a look at the new Swift to clear my doubts.
Old 9th April 2007, 15:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
UVA, Spark, Palio, Getz Prime

you have lots of options.
Palio has A. S. S. issues, Getz Prime is too pricey...
I guess I'll take a look at U-VA (but GM is known for expensive spares) and wait for Spark
Old 9th April 2007, 16:00   #21
BHPian

spark is rumored to see a launch on 11th this month.
Old 9th April 2007, 19:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone noticed the rubber beading on the Swift windows. They are awful. I've checked a few swifts and all of them have rubber beadings in the windows which protrude, are bumpy and looks like someone has done a pretty bad hand job of fixing it. Don't know if that has something to do with the rattling.

I checked the Getz. the beading is so professionally done. Neat lines and the cuts in the corners are correct.
Old 9th April 2007, 19:28   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Has anyone noticed the rubber beading on the Swift windows. They are awful. I've checked a few swifts and all of them have rubber beadings in the windows which protrude, are bumpy and looks like someone has done a pretty bad hand job of fixing it. Don't know if that has something to do with the rattling.

I checked the Getz. the beading is so professionally done. Neat lines and the cuts in the corners are correct.
Everything is professionally done alright... But sales figures indicate that only a minority prefers to pay that huge an amount, for such issues...

GUYS: I dont own a Swift... But, my friend recently bought a VDi... And, after travelling some kilometres in the car, i dont think it has rattling issues... (Didnt try much with windows rolled down as he likes to put as on always)

They might have sorted it out as of the date pointed out earlier...
Old 9th April 2007, 19:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15 View Post
Dont worry, actually I am going to buy a VDi by july when I come home for a short holiday. Other than this one issue, the mechanic says, the car is a very big hit among the customers for Suzuki after some time. Should not be a big issue and you will accept every car has its own issue to be sorted out. For ex. the only other option for a diesel hatch (leaving Tatas,Fiats) with good A.S.S is Hyundai (goint to be released) Getz , which will have a 1.5l CRDi from Accent, which is a bit older with very high NVH and less refinement. So, you should be happy with VDi which is uncomparable in the engine dept!
Old 10th April 2007, 09:19   #25
BHPian

At the showroom

I went to Rohan Motors yesterday.

They did not have the TD vehicle at that time and the Swift on display had all the windows rolled up. When I asked for the windows to be rolled down, they could not find the car key soon enough so I said 'forget it I'll check it out later'.

I'm planning to take a test drive sometime this week and will check it out then.

I was tempted to open and slam a door of a Red Swift which was parked there but I desisted when I saw (presumably) the owner sitting inside. (I mean how would I feel if someone came and just opened and slammed the door shut without any reason)
Old 10th April 2007, 10:27   #26
BHPian

Price

Just fyi that Roham Motors was offering me Swift VXi yesterday for 4.4 lakh on road. This price is pre-discount. I guess including the corporate discounts, they will be offering it for around 4.2 - 4.25 lakh OTR.
Old 10th April 2007, 14:53   #27
BHPian

I own a Sep 06 Swift Vxi which has run 8k so far and I can confirm that once the windows are rolled down, the rattling sound wil come once you close the door. I had raised this issue from the first service, but got the response that its a common issue with all swifts. However planning to check out with the service guys, if they have found out any solution for this problem yet. I would like to add that this rattling sound has not been much disturbing to me so far and there are many plus points for this car to nullify this minor issue.
Old 10th April 2007, 21:38   #28
BHPian

have noticed this rattling issue from the front-left window of my friends swift , which has done only 2500 kms ... it's a good car , but evidently no palio in terms of build.
Old 11th April 2007, 01:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

This rattle thing when the window is down also happens in my Ikon 1.6. So its not just Swift but other (costlier) cars as well that suffer from the same problem.
Old 11th April 2007, 08:55   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
This rattle thing when the window is down also happens in my Ikon 1.6. So its not just Swift but other (costlier) cars as well that suffer from the same problem.
That does not mean that Swift can get away with it. If its a problem, its a problem. Issues like these may prompt the prospective buyer to look elsewhere - towards Palio, Getz, Spark etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks