Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2007, 08:58   #31
Team-BHP Support

shobhit15, almost every car will have some small issues. Whether Palio or Getz. While I agree that they cannot get away with it, it doesnt mean you look elsewhere. If you like the car look past those small niggles.

If that were the case no one would buy a Tata Safari.

Also, It is known that Maruti have done cost cutting on the swift when it comes to NVH, damping and sound insulation.
Old 11th April 2007, 09:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
If you like the car look past those small niggles.
Also, It is known that Maruti have done cost cutting on the swift when it comes to NVH, damping and sound insulation.
But many small issues can make a bigger issue to divert the car buyer's attention elsewhere.

Quote:
If that were the case no one would buy a Tata Safari.
I don't see as many Safaris as I see Scorpio, Innova etc.
Old 11th April 2007, 09:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

Well, i own a swift since only 2 weeks. so perhaps its too early to say anything

But i found the NVH to be best among other small cars(maruti, tata, santro etc..)

if you roll windows up and shut the door, you will hardly hear any outside noise..

I feel the problem you are talking abt is way too minor to take a decision abt buying..

C'mon pal, u either roll the windows up and enjoy the AC or roll down completely to enjoy outside air(polluted)

If you are interested in buying swift, consider all the good points it has over its compition....
Old 11th April 2007, 09:13   #34
Team-BHP Support

have a look around in this forum itself. There are a lot of people who have bought a Safari over Scorpio or Innova.

If the car appeals to the heart then really you should overlook small issues like window rattling when rolled down. Do you drive with the window rolled down? Do you slam the door shut really hard?

If you notice I posted a link which said the window rattling issue of older Swifts is being fixed by MUL.

Now do you see more Palios/Getz or swift on the roads?
Old 11th April 2007, 09:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Well, i own a swift since only 2 weeks. so perhaps its too early to say anything

But i found the NVH to be best among other small cars(maruti, tata, santro etc..)

if you roll windows up and shut the door, you will hardly hear any outside noise..

I feel the problem you are talking abt is way too minor to take a decision abt buying..

C'mon pal, u either roll the windows up and enjoy the AC or roll down completely to enjoy outside air(polluted)

If you are interested in buying swift, consider all the good points it has over its compition....
Well I admit I might be a bit too apprehensive but issues like these give an idea about the overall build quality. I accept that you must have gone through a thorough search yourself before deciding to buy Swift, but you know...its always safe to be sure. I hope you understand.
Old 11th April 2007, 09:20   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Do you drive with the window rolled down
Only occasionally in the morning.

Quote:
Do you slam the door shut really hard?
Not at all. But then at the dealer showroom I just shut the door in the usual manner when I noticed the problem.

Quote:
If you notice I posted a link which said the window rattling issue of older Swifts is being fixed by MUL.
But we have ppl on the forum saying that even new ones have the problem

Quote:
Now do you see more Palios/Getz or swift on the roads?
Definitely Swift
Old 11th April 2007, 10:05   #37
BHPian

For those who says no rattle, IT definetly rattles, all my friends atleast 4 of them have swift and all the doors rattles while closing the door windows down. Dealer says its manufacturing is like that but, i think they are solving the problem if customer complains.
Old 11th April 2007, 14:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit15 View Post
Well I admit I might be a bit too apprehensive but issues like these give an idea about the overall build quality. I accept that you must have gone through a thorough search yourself before deciding to buy Swift, but you know...its always safe to be sure. I hope you understand.
I surely understand Buddy

Few more things i feel you should consider...

1. Horn...bloody horn is worst than that of my TVS Victor..no one seem to hear it. (or its just that they dont care)

2. Body..though it looks like a tank, i sometimes feel its pretty thin...can cause dents very easily.

3. Some ppl have even complained abt the head lights..i havent taken it out in the night..so cant comment..

Please check these 3 aspects as well..

Even these are minor issues..but worth mentioning..

All cars have their pros and cons..Depending on ur requirements, you decide which ones you can live with.

Take your time, decide and then go for your car.
Old 11th April 2007, 14:55   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I surely understand Buddy

Few more things i feel you should consider...

1. Horn...bloody horn is worst than that of my TVS Victor..no one seem to hear it. (or its just that they dont care)

2. Body..though it looks like a tank, i sometimes feel its pretty thin...can cause dents very easily.

3. Some ppl have even complained abt the head lights..i havent taken it out in the night..so cant comment..

Please check these 3 aspects as well..

Even these are minor issues..but worth mentioning..

All cars have their pros and cons..Depending on ur requirements, you decide which ones you can live with.

Take your time, decide and then go for your car.
Thanks for that. I understand it is not very easy to post the cons of your 2 week old baby (and more importantly learn to accept that). I'll definitely consider the points u mention.
Old 11th April 2007, 19:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

If the cons like a rattling door when the glass is so discouraging one is definitely free to go the competition way. However, what if, one finds that the others have done that part but forgot to put in an engine. (except the 1.6 sport)
Old 11th April 2007, 19:49   #41
Team-BHP Support

@shobhit: can you elaborate your requirements in this thread or in someother appropriate thread like what car section?

this will help others to reply.

I have been living with swift vxi for last 5 months on and off (1500 kms if you want kms driven) and with the vdi since monday (100 kms).

My observations:

Vxi had some small (v v v minor rattling) from door pad not window, it still doesnt have an ICE so did notice this issue.

Apart from that nothing has fallen off or come off. Both myself and the owner (my cousin) are agressive drivers and care a darn about potholes, so the car has been run in well and is holding up well after 6000 kms.

Vdi, touch wood no squeaks or rattle yet. Comparing to the time vxi was delivered (i did the delivery) i feel maruti has indeed done some work to improve on build quality.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th April 2007 at 19:50.
Old 11th April 2007, 20:11   #42
Senior - BHPian

One of the known bugs in Swift is rattling, every car will have one or other issues. Swift has rattle issue as one of the issues it has.

Its indian road which creates this kinda issues very unfortunate that government don't give priority to maintain smooth roads.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 12th April 2007, 01:04   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
One of the known bugs in Swift is rattling, every car will have one or other issues. Swift has rattle issue as one of the issues it has.

Its indian road which creates this kinda issues very unfortunate that government don't give priority to maintain smooth roads.

Regards,

Ravi.
hee heee heee... do not take it otherwise buddy (probably i am in an exceptionally goofy mood today) but your post translates to 'Maruti can not make rattle free doors on their new cars so governments should make smooth roads'.... haa haaa haaaa...
Old 12th April 2007, 09:46   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@shobhit: can you elaborate your requirements in this thread or in someother appropriate thread like what car section?

this will help others to reply.

I have been living with swift vxi for last 5 months on and off (1500 kms if you want kms driven) and with the vdi since monday (100 kms).

My observations:

Vxi had some small (v v v minor rattling) from door pad not window, it still doesnt have an ICE so did notice this issue.

Apart from that nothing has fallen off or come off. Both myself and the owner (my cousin) are agressive drivers and care a darn about potholes, so the car has been run in well and is holding up well after 6000 kms.

Vdi, touch wood no squeaks or rattle yet. Comparing to the time vxi was delivered (i did the delivery) i feel maruti has indeed done some work to improve on build quality.
I was searching for a hatchback when I came across this issue at the dealer. I just wanted to confirm whether many users find this problem or whether it was just a one-off which I noticed. I'm asking about a specific issue in a specific car. That is why didn't put it in "What Car ?" section.

Definitely, Swift has got the best looks in hatchback category. But issues like this, poor body build (as posted by some) will definitely impact on my final decision.
Old 12th April 2007, 09:50   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

Regards,

Ravi.
I can vouch that my Baleno (with 20k kms run) remains rock steady..with windows down or up even on the most pathetic roads. I wonder what rocket-science technology Maruti put in there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks