Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2022, 11:44   #46
BHPian

re: Maruti planning new crossover based on the Baleno. EDIT: Launches "FRONX"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhotagujju View Post
Facelift from Maruti is mostly cosmetic. Dont think they would have done any structural changes to the car. So doesnt look like the crash safety rating would improve.
They substantially updated a lot with this facelift/claimed generational change and the body panels too are thicker (unrelated to safety though), with all the bad press they have been getting, I don't expect less than 3 stars for the latest Baleno. That 1200 cr they claim to have spent must have gone somewhere other than just mostly cosmetic changes.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 4th August 2022 at 11:46.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 12:39   #47
BHPian

These are my assumptions:
It's already known that its based on the Baleno, which is built on the heartect platform. This platform is cheaper than the international brezza platform. So this should be priced below the current Brezza. I expect the prices to be along the lines of the pre facelift brezza or slightly less. This would take on the likes of the punch, magnite and the kiger.

Also, on the boosterjet. I don't think it is necessary to bring the booster jet, from Maruti's perspective. Why would they give a turbo after changing all the K series engines to dual jets? They want to improve mileage, not performance. Also, the punch and magnite have poor NA engines. The 1.2 dual jet is vastly superior. Also, a turbo charged engine in this car will attract buyers from brezza, which a bad thing.

Last edited by Benoit : 4th August 2022 at 12:43.
Benoit is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 11:17   #48
BHPian

May be I'm getting old but can someone please explain what segment this crossover will be competing in? Will it be slotted between the BREZZA and GRAND VITARA? I'm confused.
Old 6th August 2022, 21:14   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveoman19 View Post
May be I'm getting old but can someone please explain what segment this crossover will be competing in? Will it be slotted between the BREZZA and GRAND VITARA? I'm confused.
The hierarchy, I presume to be is

S-Presso
Baleno Cross
Brezza
Grand Vitara.

SUV's or so called modern cross overs have taken over the market in all countries. Even MS has acknowledged the same and have promised to have a product in this new category at every price point. Toyota has launched Corolla Cross. This says a lot about the new consumers demand. So, be open to see a Swift Crossover or a Wagon-R Crossover with 16"/17" wheels.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 05:10   #50
BANNED

I hope they don't do what they did with the Baleno and downgrade to an AMT with this crossover if it's a petrol model, if its hybrid, then no worries.
Old 7th August 2022, 08:13   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti's upcoming Crossover rendered:

Maruti planning new crossover based on the Baleno. EDIT: Launches "FRONX"!-1.jpg

Old 7th August 2022, 08:16   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
This looks like the Grand Vitara more than anything else, I highly doubt they will use the same design language for the upcoming Baleno based crossover, there are subtle differences though, maybe Maruti is creating a new family face.

Last edited by itsmeparvathy9 : 7th August 2022 at 08:18.
Old 7th August 2022, 23:08   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
The hierarchy, I presume to be is

S-Presso
Baleno Cross
Brezza
Grand Vitara.

SUV's or so called modern cross overs have taken over the market in all countries. Even MS has acknowledged the same and have promised to have a product in this new category at every price point. Toyota has launched Corolla Cross. This says a lot about the new consumers demand. So, be open to see a Swift Crossover or a Wagon-R Crossover with 16"/17" wheels.
You forgot to mention Ignis after S Presso. Btw as per some rumours maruti will be introducing a crossover based on swift as well which will most probably replace ignis and compete with punch.
Old 8th August 2022, 08:36   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti's new Crossover coupe spied along with Toyota's version:

- In a segment above Brezza (S Cross successor?)
- Will retail through Nexa
- Will have a Toyota counterpart
- Boosterjet engine to make a comeback
- Hybrid will be the selling point, variants to be limited.
- Yaris Cross could be Toyota's version of the coupe. (Logical reason why Toyota will not have the NEW Gen. Urban Cruiser)
- To go on sale from Feb-23

Maruti planning new crossover based on the Baleno. EDIT: Launches "FRONX"!-newmarutibalenocrossglanzayarisspiedsuv.jpg

Maruti planning new crossover based on the Baleno. EDIT: Launches "FRONX"!-2023marutibalenocrossvsyarisglanzaspied2.jpg

Maruti planning new crossover based on the Baleno. EDIT: Launches "FRONX"!-2023marutibalenocrossspiednewlaunchprice42.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th August 2022 at 09:03.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 09:20   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umohan98 View Post
I think there is some confusion about the images being reported here.
The images by TOI Auto and Rushlane with 5 lug nuts are of the Yaris Cross. The one by Autocar India is the Baleno Based Crossover. We can see the curvacious silhouette of the Baleno underneath the Autocar Scoop. That is the real Baleno Cross YTB.
You are bound to see two versions; one will be from Suzuki and the other from Toyota.
Old 8th August 2022, 10:54   #56
BHPian

Quote:

- Yaris Cross could be Toyota's version of the coupe. (Logical reason why Toyota will not have the NEW Gen. Urban Cruiser)

Link
It might have a toyota version but the yaris cross above is most probably doing component testing for the TNGA hybrid system. Yet why is it fully camouflaged, I don't really have an answer. I really wish the yaris cross get launched here but it's highly unlikely as there's no way toyota is going to launch a TNGA platform based vehicle below the Hyryder which itself is based on a suzuki platform. The only (rather absurd) possibility is if this toyota car above is a yaris cross lookalike based on the suzuki platform, like how the Indian Nissan Kicks was a lookalike of the international model.
Sagz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 10:59   #57
BHPian

Quote:
You are bound to see two versions; one will be from Suzuki and the other from Toyota.
What could be the price range for these cars?
And can we expect engine option other than turbo petrol?
Old 8th August 2022, 12:02   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noblebeam View Post
What could be the price range for these cars?
And can we expect engine option other than turbo petrol?
It is likely to share the Baleno Powertrains (MT/AMT) as well along with Turbo petrol and in all likelihood 6AT configurations also.
Carma2017 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 12:16   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnvn View Post
You forgot to mention Ignis after S Presso. Btw as per some rumours maruti will be introducing a crossover based on swift as well which will most probably replace ignis and compete with punch.
I agree, but that would be some time later.
They would need the new swift to be in place with bigger boot for CNG. Once that is in place, they will move with the swift Cross.
They need to upgrade all their current lineup with Bigger boot so they can add a CNG cylinder. Ignis will undergo a change too but we dont have any news on that.

Logically speaking, Nexa's products will be shifted to Mild hybrid [< 1.5 liter engines] & Hybrid [1.5L or more]

The MS Arena products will be on Petrol & CNG. This is the reason for elonging the Alto too they need space to fit a CNG cylinder.

This way, they will be able to distinguish their products. the Arena salesmen are for the common man and talk about CNG and its benefits and their FE.
The NEXA salesmen will talk about all hi-tech battery, ecvt terms.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 19:44   #60
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2343099

Attachment 2343101

Attachment 2343100

Link
Not believable that the Yaris Cross is the twin of Baleno Cross. The Yaris Cross already exists and the Baleno also exists, we know both cars share absolutely nothing in components, platform, engines, size or even potential pricing. Just because they're being spied together doesn't mean they're twins.
Astargea is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks