Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2023, 22:17   #181
BHPian

Re: Maruti planning new crossover based on the Baleno. EDIT: Launches "FRONX"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Do see the Nexon numbers dwindling down in the months to come, feel extremely extremely sad for TML.
Agreed about Maruti wanting to fight Nexon's success but I doubt that Fronx is aimed squarely at Nexon. The only negative that Nexon currently suffers from is lack of proper automatics. Otherwise it's a very mature product that appeals to lots of folks and compared to the other TML models, I have noticed that there are significantly lower number of folks having teething issues with the product or after sales. The fact that it comes in diesel, petrol and electric avatars also adds to the appeal of the product along with 5 star safety rating.

While Fronx may start at a lower price point and end up in cross shopping with CSUV as well as premium hatch category, it's still Brezza versus Nexon if match-up is to be done.

Folks wanting diesel or electric will still queue up at Nexon counter. Apart from pricing, there is no gap that Fronx is closing out in MSIL product line up.
Old 12th January 2023, 22:42   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Do see the Nexon numbers dwindling down in the months to come, feel extremely extremely sad for TML.
Unlikely that only nexon is going to face the heat. Due to the high tax bracket of Brezza, it is likely to be the first victim unless someone is looking at the presumed better safety of Brezza and the sunroof.
Those who are buying Nexon are also buying for its 5 star safety rating. Nexon might soon get a new update, probably the new 1.2 litre turbo with more power and refinement. If it gets a proper AT, nexon is likely to hold on to its share. Venue might loose some share for its presumably low structural safety. Nissan magnite and Renault Kiger would face more challenges to sell in the similar price range. Sonet might hold on to its sell more so for its Diesel option.
This all will depend on the pricing and other permutation and combinations.
Old 12th January 2023, 22:55   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-g-p View Post
Due to the high tax bracket of Brezza, it is likely to be the first victim unless someone is looking at the presumed better safety of Brezza and the sunroof.
That could be the reason why Fronx didn't get the sunroof.
Old 12th January 2023, 23:02   #184
BHPian

Fronx(terrible name) is looking pretty good. Dimensions are almost similar to Baleno except height. This will eat up Brezza sales for sure. One interesting thing is it has 3-point seatbelts and adjustable headrests for all passengers. Both Brezza and Baleno does not have this. And it looks higher from the ground compared to Baleno. But there is no mention of ground clearance anywhere, not even in brochure. Zeta 1.0Turbo variant has everything that i need. Hoping it is below 10 lakhs ex-showroom. Lets wait and watch...

Last edited by ramotra3 : 12th January 2023 at 23:05.
ramotra3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 23:07   #185
BHPian

It has everything in Zeta variant except for cruise control and UV cut glass as compared to the top variant. It looks good, and there is not of note to term it inferior to the fellow CSUv out there. Should be a seller.
Old 12th January 2023, 23:33   #186
BHPian

Looks great. Finally, a turbo from Suzuki. Price it at par with the Punch, and this will surely be a blockbuster. Tax benefits likely to help. I am sure they don't want to dent the brezza sales. Good thing they have a proper auto box for the turbo. This crossover will make a great city commuter.

Would there be a Toyota equivalent? I mean, why not? They don't have the Urban cruiser anymore.
Old 12th January 2023, 23:35   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
---
Would there be a Toyota equivalent? I mean, why not? They don't have the Urban cruiser anymore.
Toyota Taisor is likely to be the equivalent offering mirroring Maruti's Fronx.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 06:55   #188
BHPian

The FRONX looks great, and the turbo-petrol engine will be fun to drive; expect 11 seconds from 0 to 100.

I'm guessing the turbo petrol top end will cost 1.25L to 1.5L more than the baleno.
Old 13th January 2023, 07:24   #189
BHPian

I see a lot of comments on comparison of Brezza and Fronx ( uff i hate the name!!) with Nexon. It is an incorrect comparison when we talk sales numbers. Nexon sells in Gasoline, Diesel and EV guise.

People buying Nexon EV are actually buying more into EV rather than Nexon. So, those numbers are incomparable.

Again Diesel variant buyers are the ones actually seeking only a Diesel and then comparing vehicles that are available. So, they will not have a Fronx or Brezza in their shopping list which is solely on Suzuki. But those are the facts.

As much as we would like to believe, even the most educated amongst us, do not give too much importance to safety ratings as compared to Product Appeal, reliability, serviceability and re-sale value. So, there is only a very very small fraction who buys into the safety narrative very seriously and makes it the major reason for a purchase.

I do not see Fronx challenging Nexon in any way. The buyers would be different. Rather it's more of a Venue/ Sonet challenger. With regards to Brezza, yes there will be an impact, but rest assured, Suzuki will move Brezza further up the value chain in future for differentiation.

Last edited by Carma2017 : 13th January 2023 at 07:25.
Carma2017 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 07:42   #190
BHPian

Is Fronx, E20 fuel compatible?
Old 13th January 2023, 08:22   #191
BANNED

The Fronx with its better features like 6 airbags, 360 cam etc. and tax saving engine configuration of 1.0 and 1.2L is actually launched to eat into the sales of,

1) Kiger/Magnite turbo top end
2) Tata Punch top end
3) Nexon base variants
4) Brezza lower variants
5) Venue/Sonet turbo/mid variants

So, it should bring in good numbers for Maruti.
tarmacnaut is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 08:35   #192
BHPian

Quote:
How MSIL picks up design clues and ideas from TML, reminds me of the Dzire being picked up from the Indigo CS and this one has been picked up from the Nexon.

It shall be priced and aimed squarely at the Nexon, which has become a thorn in the flesh for MSIL.

It is good that customers would now have more choices. The Vitara is expensive, and Maruti did well by launching a derivative product using the Baleno platform. They don’t launch without market research, and this product will probably do very well given that people have received the Vitara rather well, and the popular perception of Maruti as a small car maker is changing.
Old 13th January 2023, 08:55   #193
BHPian

Whenever we heard about a new car coming from Maruti stable that's likely to be a Baleno Cross, let's be honest all we expected was something similar to what Toyota did with the Liva Cross.

It is a pleasant surprise that this car has turned out to be a looker and how!

Can't wait to see how it drives in the Boosterjet + 6AT combination.
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 09:57   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjayW View Post
The FRONX looks great, and the turbo-petrol engine will be fun to drive; expect 11 seconds from 0 to 100.

I'm guessing the turbo petrol top end will cost 1.25L to 1.5L more than the baleno.
I am guessing the figure will be about 2.5L+ for the top end Fronx AT v/s the top end Baleno AGS
SedateGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 10:52   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Whenever we heard about a new car coming from Maruti stable that's likely to be a Baleno Cross, let's be honest all we expected was something similar to what Toyota did with the Liva Cross.

It is a pleasant surprise that this car has turned out to be a looker and how!

Can't wait to see how it drives in the Boosterjet + 6AT combination.
Totally agree. If I am in the market for a entry level cross hatchback (lets not call these SUVs please ), this would be in the top of my list. It looks really good, has a good feature list, Maruti's service backup and a good AT instead of the AMGs.
Given that its a smaller engine and less than 4000mm, it should be priced very competitively.
m8002? is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks