Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2020, 19:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Angry Land Rover India customer advertises on Instagram to other prospective customers!

Awesome use of tech ! This is taking it to the next level. Next step would be targeting the ads only JLR employees to get them to realize what a mess it can roll (FB and linkedin both support company specific targeting, not sure if insta as well does).
warp_10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 01:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Angry Land Rover India customer advertises on Instagram to other prospective customers!

Not only India, even Internationally - LRs are just pure junk according to many off-road forums. Decades ago, the LRs were excellent cars, not so today. Every brand has more planned obsolescence built it now than 20 years ago, but I feel LR takes it too far.

Think of it, why do hardcore off-roaders in Australia / Africa use only Toyotas, Isuzus, Fords (sometimes), or Mitsubishis? Simple reason: They will never let you stranded, are easy to fix, and rarely break down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
IMO reliability in luxury brands is BMW>Mercedes-Benz>Audi=Volvo>JLR
Lexus >>>>BMW>Mercedes-Benz>Audi=Volvo>JLR. Don't know where Genesis fits though.
landcruiser123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 09:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sorry but a guy sponsored haphazardly written post with scant details, is that the point of absolute wonderment in the OP? I thought it was an incredibly written, seething attack on LR with some genuine bombshells in it, only to find out the dude sponsored a post which isn't even worded properly or had a spell check run on. Ever bought a Rs. 2000 cracker that fuses out and burns like a candle?

Regardless, I bet people he's trying to get to do have financial arms strong enough to buy two or more LRs just in case.
amol4184 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 11:18   #19
BHPian

This sort of protest does seem effective but is easily misused. Surely there are laws against slandering, especially with such scant/vague details provided? What stops a malicious person from falsely (or exaggerating negatively) doing this to say a service provider like a restaurant or a doctor etc?

My wife's colleague (a dentist here in sydney) recently had a patient write a negative review on a website, and she took it to court and sued for a large sum of money. In this case, facts were on her side as she had maintained meticulous notes, etc. Eventually settled out of court with the patient apologizing and removing the review.
hdus001 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 11:23   #20
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Read through the instagram post and the updates here but still can't figure out what is wrong. While it could be a valid case of the company / dealer not supporting the owner, just indicating don't buy is not helping anyone.
bharanidharang is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 11:24   #21
BHPian

@ moderators- a humble request to find out what exactly is the issue here. I have no connection to LR and cannot afford one, but am interested to know about the nature of the issue. Is it design related? Or a local dealer issue?

Off topic- the same post contains comments from people who were duped by his watch company.

Last edited by Cessna182 : 26th December 2020 at 11:25.
Cessna182 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 20:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

I think status plays a big role here, and the analogy "in the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" is a perfect score. Gone are the days, people used their beans to thoroughly spend their time deciding what to buy, what they can afford, what they can maintain. The learning curve of today's car buyers are great compared to yesteryear, but there is clearly a mismatch between what one really wants now as opposed to what does it thing contribute to the longer term, this is where they lose the plot. Somewhere, somehow, societal and peer pressure too has a sinister connection to what one aims for and overshoots on the aspects of purchasing a vehicle.

Bottomline, what is Made in India can run anywhere, everywhere. What is made elsewhere, will run only where it is intended to. and these money pits are a great deal example.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 26th December 2020, 21:43   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

The Instagram post has been removed/deleted this could mean Land Rover has taken notice of it.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 01:42   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Think of it, why do hardcore off-roaders in Australia / Africa use only Toyotas, Isuzus, Fords (sometimes), or Mitsubishis? Simple reason: They will never let you stranded, are easy to fix, and rarely break down.
Reminds me of the saying in Australia - "if you want to go to the Outback, take the Land Rover, if you want to get back, take a Land Cruiser."
playingpossum is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 03:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

Good job. In one fell swoop, Mr. Saboo has done JLR's brand enough damage to make 2020 even more memorable. The Saboos are amongst the top names in luxury in India, and that fact will amplify the effect of his outburst.

Completely deserved as well. LR's trucks are atrociously made and horribly difficult to service - I remember one of the Freelander diesels needed the engine out to replace a turbo. Every time I see someone buy one of these, I think they're either blessed with more money than sense, or just don't care. Normally, it's a combination of both, which is why they were so popular with the tinseltown lot.
v1p3r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 07:46   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post

Completely deserved as well. LR's trucks are atrociously made and horribly difficult to service - I remember one of the Freelander diesels needed the engine out to replace a turbo.
Thats nothing, if you had the previous Discovery, to replace the turbo, you need to lift the entire body of the frame. Despite that I still like the cars! I enjoyed the Discovery Sport. My mechanic has a last gen Range Rover permanently in his place.The problem with the last gen RR was it was a BMW based architecture, converted into a Ford based one before becoming JLR based, so it was a bit of a Frankenstein. Discovery Sports are generally reliable except for the recent ingenium diesels. JLR really cannot handle extreme complex electronics.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 08:23   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Discovery Sports are generally reliable except for the recent ingenium diesels. JLR really cannot handle extreme complex electronics.
This is the second time, couple of injectors, EGR valve and turbo is being changed in a ~7,000 kms done SUV.

Needless to say, my friend is fed up and may never buy any badged car again. Rear camera works, sensor don't, dealership is clueless. But this issue is nothing compared to hiring a flat-bed and sending it to Lucknow / NCR for these issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Angry Land Rover India customer advertises on Instagram to other prospective customers!-whatsapp-image-20201010-10.45.13.jpeg  

Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 10:12   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
This is the second time, couple of injectors, EGR valve and turbo is being changed in a ~7,000 kms done SUV.

Needless to say, my friend is fed up and may never buy any badged car again. Rear camera works, sensor don't, dealership is clueless. But this issue is nothing compared to hiring a flat-bed and sending it to Lucknow / NCR for these issues.
These are known issues with the diesel ingenium engines
https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/v...=7875&start=10
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 13:44   #29
BHPian

These LR horror stories never seem to end. We were also very close to buying a sport but at the showroom I asked the sales person about the reliability and his reply was, ‘LR toh naam ke liye bikti hai’ (LR is sold for its name). We simply left and picked up a XC90 instead.
pranavmichael is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 03:10   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
What is his vehicle suffering from? Why is the vehicle stuck? Is it lack of parts or a prolonged diagnostics?

There is one member and moderator (BlackPearl) who owns a preowned but immaculate Land Rover in the UK. It would be great if he could share his views on the nature of the issue, if the information is made available.
No, I don't have any information about the nature of the issue. I don't know why people create so much fuss over Land Rover/Range Rover. In the JD Power reliability study in Europe, Land Rovers still get higher scores than Audi and BMW, year after year. They might not be very reliable but I think they get a lot more flak than they deserve. My 2011 Range Rover Sport has been impeccable and I have driven it more than Twenty Two Thousand Kilometres in the last one year and not a single problem. In all the Land Rover/Range Rover groups that I am part of in the UK, there is one common theme - these are not fill it forget vehicles, they need proper maintenance. If maintained properly, they are not unreliable.

As I write this, we just finished a 5000 plus Kilometer drive today and my Range Rover Sport saw the blizzards of Alps to the blue waters of the Mediterranean in just over 2 weeks of continuous travel. It has not missed a beat and performed flawlessly in snow without snow-chains where other vehicles were struggling. Credit has to be given where it is due and I think Land Rovers don't get that, for whatever reason!

Angry Land Rover India customer advertises on Instagram to other prospective customers!-dsc_89251.jpg

Angry Land Rover India customer advertises on Instagram to other prospective customers!-dsc_92541.jpg

Angry Land Rover India customer advertises on Instagram to other prospective customers!-img_9736.jpg

Angry Land Rover India customer advertises on Instagram to other prospective customers!-dsc_92871.jpg

Angry Land Rover India customer advertises on Instagram to other prospective customers!-dsc_92861.jpg

Angry Land Rover India customer advertises on Instagram to other prospective customers!-dsc_99361.jpg
BlackPearl is online now   (21) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks