Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2021, 16:09   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: The MG Hector CVT Automatic, now launched at Rs. 16.52 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
Hello guys my first service is coming up. Any idea what they do in the first service?
Derek, please do update us on the city & highway fuel efficiency. Thanks.

PS: The manual will have all the details of the work done in scheduled services. Follow that, and you will be good to go.
Old 3rd April 2021, 17:17   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys my first service is coming up. Any idea what they do in the first service?
Nothing.
Just a general check up on levels and also work on any issues that you've identified and informed them about.
Oh, and they'll also try for Teflon package sales, but it's much cheaper outside, so avoid.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 19:31   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Well,I took delivery of my CVT sharp glaze red yesterday.

1. The NVH levels are fantastic. Nice quiet snug cabin with ample of space for the rear passengers.

2. The CVT is butter smooth. Almost like a DSG with one difference. In a kick down, the DSG will race forward aggressively. On this MG CVT, it’s much more docile and a linear power delivery.

4. The ugly ambient mood lighting. Is there any damn way to dim it?

Would appear some help and input on the points above. Thank you all.
Hey Derek,

Cool stuff. We took delivery of our DCT a short while after you. Same feeling as you on Point 1 - wonderfully insulated cabin! Truly enjoying it.

Wrt 2 we were wondering if we missed out on the CVT (couldn’t test drive it in Bangalore so didn’t want to chance it) but yeah I’d concur on the kick down bit. The DCT surges forward on steroids given the right input. And frankly we haven’t even tried the Sport mode. Does the CVT have a Sport mode too? EDIT: I read that it does. Does it not help?

On point number 4, you may have figured it out already but if you haven’t, you can control the ambient lighting in the ‘settings’ on the touchscreen. Easy fix.

Keep us posted on the first service. It has been our practice for all our cars to insist on changing engine oil after the first 1000 kms during the first service, even though we may pay extra for it. I know all modern car makers insist this is not needed but it’s an old practice for running in our cars and we find it works well for the engine over time. I’m wondering if the MG fellows will acquiesce and do it for us.

Which service package did you pick up, if at all?

By the way, I’ve been bugging MG about one odd thing and they haven’t yet reverted. On the 2021 models, there is no USB port on the IRVM for a dash cam hookup. Apparently it was there on the 2020. Can’t figure out how to route a dashcam without some wiring stuff, which they have told me will void the warranty. They’re still looking into it with their R&D team apparently, since their sales guys were themselves a little stumped (2021 cars just landed in the showrooms over March more or less).

Last edited by RT13 : 4th April 2021 at 19:40.
RT13 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 20:46   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
By the way, I’ve been bugging MG about one odd thing and they haven’t yet reverted. On the 2021 models, there is no USB port on the IRVM for a dash cam hookup. Apparently it was there on the 2020. Can’t figure out how to route a dashcam without some wiring stuff, which they have told me will void the warranty. They’re still looking into it with their R&D team apparently, since their sales guys were themselves a little stumped (2021 cars just landed in the showrooms over March more or less).
You can run the wire through the A pillar, below the glovebox and connect it to the passenger side USB port. It won't void the warranty and wire is not exposed this way.
Attached Thumbnails
The MG Hector CVT Automatic, now launched at Rs. 16.52 lakh-screenshot_20210404204342.jpg  

The MG Hector CVT Automatic, now launched at Rs. 16.52 lakh-screenshot_20210404204357.jpg  

Avinash_R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 20:57   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
You can run the wire through the A pillar, below the glovebox and connect it to the passenger side USB port. It won't void the warranty and wire is not exposed this way.
Interesting! Thank you! Will look into this. Have no idea why MG themselves couldn’t recommend it though, considering they even offer a dashcam as an accessory.
Old 5th April 2021, 18:16   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Well,I took delivery of my CVT sharp glaze red yesterday.

3. Car is very stable in the 70 odd kms I drove yesterday. Of course it’s not for the enthusiastic driver. It’s a lovely family car for us, the wife and the elderly. No scary power delivery makes it easy and comfortable to drive around.
Can you please share your ownership experience of the CVT so far. I am planning to book a CVT Smart this week but not finding a lot of first hand experiences as this variant is just a couple of months old.

What are the things you are not liking about the car?

What was your wait time to get the car?

What is the mileage you are getting so far?
Old 5th April 2021, 18:17   #52
BHPian

Any recommendations on a dashcam? Get the mg one or get something off Amazon? Same for a vacuum cleaner please thank you.

I guess the first free service is just a water wash and check horn and lights kind of service!

I’ve driven twice from Chennai to Pondicherry but I topped up midway and hence cudnt check the average. What u CVT guys getting on your cars?
derek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 19:47   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
Can you please share your ownership experience of the CVT so far. I am planning to book a CVT Smart this week but not finding a lot of first hand experiences as this variant is just a couple of months old.

What are the things you are not liking about the car?

What was your wait time to get the car?

What is the mileage you are getting so far?
I hate the fact that I can’t dim the inside ambient lights!

The CVT is butter smooth my friend. Till about 80kmph u will feel you are driving an expensive DSG! Only the overtaking isn’t really the best because the engine is small and the car is big! Well, I didn’t buy the car for pro rally driving anyway so I don’t really mind.

I got the car in 10 days including the time for the loan and all. Car was waiting for us in the yard.

Never bothered about mileage so I haven’t really checked.
derek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 16:11   #54
BHPian

Bit the bullet, kept the apprehensions aside and booked the CVT

Thanks to the wealth of information and first hand experiences shared by BHPians.

Dealer has not communicated any delivery date yet, they are just saying 6-8weeks due to high demand (no discounts for the same reason). now eagerly waiting to hear back.

I had read in the price increase articles that the new price includes the handling charges (dealer was asking Rs 11,600 for the same), any insights on that?
Old 10th April 2021, 08:04   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Bit the bullet, kept the apprehensions aside and booked the CVT

Thanks to the wealth of information and first hand experiences shared by BHPians.

Dealer has not communicated any delivery date yet, they are just saying 6-8weeks due to high demand (no discounts for the same reason). now eagerly waiting to hear back.

I had read in the price increase articles that the new price includes the handling charges (dealer was asking Rs 11,600 for the same), any insights on that?
I got the car in less than 10 days in Chennai. Their customer service so far has been top notch. Will find out more after I go for the first service on Monday. You will love how smooth the cvt is! The air con is great too and cools very fast.

If someone could recommended a good dash cam that would be nice, thank you all.
derek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 20:40   #56
BHPian

Hi guys I have uploaded my ismart screenshot. Could you guys confirm with me if it's the same? Some other members on the forum said they had their TCU updated. Mine wasn't, hence want to know what the current version is please. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
The MG Hector CVT Automatic, now launched at Rs. 16.52 lakh-img_20210414_101028.jpg  

derek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 20:44   #57
BHPian

Hector Owners, which is the best MG Shield plan to take?
I am confused between Classic & Premium, is premium plan an overkill? ... Drive is around 200-400km per month, mostly in city conditions
Old 8th May 2021, 16:28   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Hector Owners, which is the best MG Shield plan to take?
I am confused between Classic & Premium, is premium plan an overkill? ... Drive is around 200-400km per month, mostly in city conditions
That’s hardly 4-5k a year. For that level I’d just take the 5 year classic for 16k and be done. We took the 5 year premium for 60k but that’s because we’ll probably do double your mileage and we just wanted total peace of mind. Even the latter is crazy cheap for a car of this category considering it covers all service costs of every kind and wear and tear on everything (including things like the gearbox and transmission) except wheels and tyres. This in addition to our zero dep and return to invoice insurance just gives us peace of mind. Take an informed call based on what’s important to you.
RT13 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 11:26   #59
Senior - BHPian

MG drops Hector petrol DCT from line-up.

The MG Hector and Hector Plus DCT versions have been discontinued. Petrol CVT is now the sole automatic option in the Hector line-up.

Source
Old 21st April 2022, 20:26   #60
BHPian

I was looking for a 7-seater automatic and looks like Hector Plus offers only 6-seater version for the CVT.

Sometimes I wonder if all the manufacturers have some pact between them to ensure that some key/top feature will be missing in competing products. In case of 7 seaters, XUV700 misses out on Ventilated seats, Hector Plus on 7 seats and Diesel Auto, Marazzo on Auto gearbox, Innova on Ventilated seats/Sunroof, Tuscan on Ventilated seats, Tata Safari on any boot space whatsoever with all 7 seats up, Triber on a liveable engine, Ertiga/XL6 on the 6 airbags. The last hope was on MG Hector Plus which seems to be missing 7 seats for the automatic version.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks