Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy a used Jeep Compass today?
Yes 224 63.82%
No 127 36.18%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2021, 12:03   #31
BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week | Buying a Used Jeep Compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
If that's all you looking for then buy a pre owned Abarth Punto or Linea Tjet or Linea/Punto/Urban Cross Multijet. It has your enthusiast choice -manual, it can sit 4 occupants relatively well like Compass, Urban Cross gives you that added GC and seating position, remap it and you can get nearly the same performance at 1/5th the cost.
And there are not many service centers so you can have many reasons for a long drive to service the Punto/Linea. Well at the price of one pre-owned Compass you can buy one pre owned Abarth Punto & one Linea Emotion MJD. Still have good cash left to remap both
This is what I've been telling people for ages, and the fact that next enthusiast options are god darn many times expensive. But no body listens and understands me. Then they call me a lunatic, and a fanboy and what not.

BTW I've owned a Punto and still own the Linea.
kaushal21fb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 12:02   #32
BHPian

Hello Guys,

Happy Sunday! I need a very quick help from learned members. I am in the used car market and have shortlisted a 2020 November registered Jeep Compass Limited Plus 4x4 (Pre Facelift) having done only 9800 km. The car is in super mint scratchless condition and is covered under 5 year EW. Last Price being quoted is 23 Lacs. It’s an owner to owner deal. Pls suggest if the car is worth the price being asked for? Many Thanks

Last edited by NAVREVV : 8th May 2022 at 12:16.
Old 27th February 2023, 11:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass - Should I buy one in resale?

I am a auto enthusiastic since childhood and I thoroughly enjoy riding bikes and driving cars. For last 1+ year I am riding Honda CB350 and done few trips to Konkan area. For last 13 years I am owning Maruti cars like Dzire, Ergtiga Vdi and new Ertiga Zxi+. I enjoyed all my cars and done more than 1.5 Lakhs kms on them and still doing it.

For last few years I have a will (Dream?) to buy a premium car like Merc, BMW, Skoda, etc. I am already planning (money... LOL) for same. YOLO has bitten me really hard, specially after corona. One of my hobbies is to keep reading T-BHP posts and searching other forums as I have so much interest in Auto industry.

Recently while searching something, I suddenly noticed that there are lots of Jeep Compass available in resale market at very good price, 10-15 Lakhs. I suddenly got excited and searched more. So there are mainly 1.4 Liter petrol models are available with good numbers of 2.0 Liter diesel as well. I guess better to buy diesel as its more powerful, better fuel efficient and gem of a engine from Fiat.

So I need help from BHP'ans now.

Jeep Compass -

Pros -

+ Looks mean, proper SUV.
+ Diesel is fast and reliable, as well as fuel efficient too at the same time.
+ Build is solid, it's a safe car.

Cons -
- Resale will be bad, may be I have to scrap it after 7-8 years or keep using it.

I want to know more on -
- How are service costs? How much I need to spend per year? My usage will be around 10 K per year.
- How is service? Spares are available easily?
- Any other things I should know of?
- Which model is better buy? 2017, 2018 or 2019? Are there any differences?
- Any other few words of wisdom?

Is it really a right decision if I decide to buy one? Or should I look for something else? Any other model I should look for? Please suggest.

Last edited by aniketi : 27th February 2023 at 11:33.
aniketi is online now   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 27th February 2023, 12:49   #34
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass - Should I buy one in resale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
So I need help from BHP'ans now.

Jeep Compass -

Pros -

+ Looks mean, proper SUV.
+ Diesel is fast and reliable, as well as fuel efficient too at the same time.
+ Build is solid, it's a safe car.

Cons -
- Resale will be bad, may be I have to scrap it after 7-8 years or keep using it.

I want to know more on -
- How are service costs? How much I need to spend per year? My usage will be around 10 K per year.
- How is service? Spares are available easily?
- Any other things I should know of?
- Which model is better buy? 2017, 2018 or 2019? Are there any differences?
- Any other few words of wisdom?

Is it really a right decision if I decide to buy one? Or should I look for something else? Any other model I should look for? Please suggest.
I have been a Jeep Compass owner for 2.5 years, and here's my 2 cents-

1. Both the diesel and petrol are solidly built and are awesome cars to drive. The petrol is actually faster to the ton, the diesel does duty in a lot of other cars too and is torquey.The diesel will be lighter on the pocket as it will be 50% more efficient than the petrol, plus you also get the 4X4 option in it- which makes it a true Jeep.

2. Resale is not bad, atleast here in NCR, even for petrol. I sold mine for a good price.

3. Normal service costs range around 12-14k in 15,000 km interval. Jeep ASCs will push for unnecessary add-ons that will inflate the cost.

4. This is a semi luxury brand so parts and accidental damage replacements are not cheap. I had not facd any delays in spares in NCR, but you may need to check out the situation in your own city. One key thing i did was to develop good personal relationship with the nearest ASC here and that really helped.

5. Jeep softened the seats, and introduced cruise control and the diesel AT in 2019/20 models i believe, so you should prefer those.

6. Space to price ratio is not good- i always felt a bit hemmed in (the small rear windows, and the boot not helping too) so ensure that you test drive it well, sit in back seat also and cross-check luggage capability with your needs.

7. What makes owning the Jeep exceptional is the tremendous brand loyalty, and all the engagement thet brand does with its customers. The Jeep India Club with its various city based sub-groups are an awesome networking and touring group. No other brand does it so well.
achyutaghosh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 16:35   #35
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass - Should I buy one in resale?

On the same boat! I own an Ertiga and I am considering Jeep as one of the options. But the major concern I have is the reliability of Jeep Compass. There are numerous cases of unexpected break downs in case of Jeep Compass. So as I am excited about the car, I am equally or more worried too. The other concern is the dwindling sales numbers for this car and not sure if Jeep shuts shop!

Last edited by guruji : 27th February 2023 at 16:36.
guruji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 19:55   #36

Hi - I would be grateful for some advice.

I am in the market for a second-hand car and narrowed to a 2017 Compass Diesel 4X4 with ~30K on the odo. Condition seems pristine and apart from a little wheel alignment issue, seems to be in as good a condition as a 6 year old car can be.

Does this seem like a good deal?

What would be the average cost of maintenance - I have heard it escalates quite sharply after 5 years for the Compass?

Lastly, is the Compass generally reliable enough to do long drives in somewhat demanding terrain?

Thank you!
Old 6th November 2023, 18:02   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBelledJar View Post
What would be the average cost of maintenance - I have heard it escalates quite sharply after 5 years for the Compass?

Lastly, is the Compass generally reliable enough to do long drives in somewhat demanding terrain?

Thank you!
I am part of a Jeep user group. I have not seen posts about costs escalating exponentially after the 5 year mark.

If you ask me if the car is a dependable one- The answer is yes. Especially the ones made before 2021(pre facelift). The old ones generally don’t have rattling noise etc. I have seen complaints about rattling noise etc.. in the new facelift model after 2021.

There is enough noise in the market about Compass and its reliability. Fortunately in our group, we don’t come across such major issues very often. A very few cases of bad experience gets very good coverage when it comes to Jeep.

If you got a good deal and a well maintained car- you can very well consider it. You will not regret the decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks