Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2021, 20:16   #61
BHPian

Re: Tata aims for 10% market share with Safari, HBX launch

Bought a bundle of Tata Motors stock during its worst period during March-April 2020. Thanks to its growth in recent months, the profits alone could potentially fund my next bike, so go Tata!
Sudarshan42 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 20:32   #62
BHPian

Tata has improved a lot with regard to the design and quality over the years and have been successful to change their brand image to some extent.
Tata has a potential of more than what they are aiming for, provided they constantly work on the customer feedback and their after sale service. I believe Tata have a good product lineup and they offer a great value for money.

Off topic: I am expecting a delivery of Harrier by the end of this month and hope I have a smooth ownership experience!
Aafaq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 23:01   #63
BHPian

Re: Tata's Feb 2021 sales highest ever in 9 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
This weekend I happened to visit Tata showroom in Bengaluru. It was bustling with crowd. Forget the availability of salesmen, there was no place to sit. I just thought one thing, threat to Maruti is not Hyundai or Kia, it is Tata.

We were looking for Safari, but given the unapproachable status of showrooms, we decided to go for Seltos.
If you want something great, please wait for it. I suggest you try and test drive both Seltos and Safari, you will not regret waiting for the Safari.

I took delivery of my Harrier XZA+ today and trust me, TATA has done a stellar job with the Harrier/Safari.
Venku2015 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 23:14   #64
S2K
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If the Sierra now arrives at the opportune moment after HBX (H1 2023 I pray!) - this brand is on a roll. The Sierra will pull far more strings than the Safari did. Especially given how promising the exterior design of the concept looked!
In next 5 years I plan to own 2 cars. A city car and a tourer. Nexon and Sierra fit the job best. Hoping for a much improved Nexon EV and a Sierra that's as good as the auto expo concept. Boy, will Tata conquer the market or what?!
S2K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 23:29   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
A brand that needs close attention in the portfolio is the Tigor.
You hit the nail on the head. The Tigor, while being the most VFM compact sedan in the market, is not the best thanks to it's weak NA engine and it is also the weakest link in TML's portfolio. TML should immediately bring in the Turbo petrol engine from the Altroz and give it a proper TC or CVT. Considering that the Tigor is priced much below competition, TML has significant opportunity to create a more value added offering here.

Also, some of the past cars of TML were gems in terms of VFM (like the Vista I drive currently and my maternal uncle's Zest, not to mention the Hexa). I think there would be a market for refreshed and modernized versions of these VFM cars as well provided they remained VFM - probably TML could go the Maruti route and have some differentiation like Arena and Nexa for it's cars, depending on the target segment. Sell the Altroz, Tigor, Nexon, Harrier and Safari through the Nexa kind of showrooms and the rest including Tiago and the HBX through the Arena kind of showrooms. They could even sell the same car in two different versions like Maruti does with the Ertiga and XL6. As the saying goes, if you can't beat them, join them.

I have always felt that Tata's design, build quality and other strong points are not complemented by their GTM strategy. Someone needs to take a look at the GTM strategy bit and the positioning, and also address the issues with showroom and service experience while at it. No reason why they can't double the current numbers if they do that. Plus TML also needs to have more service centres to address the higher number of Tata vehicles on the road. I can say from personal experience that the load at my TASS has increased substantially and nowadays I need to make an appointment many days in advance to schedule a service.
Neversaygbye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 00:34   #66
BHPian

Kudos to Tata for the stunning turnaround !!! I would say it all started with the Tiago which was their first huge selling mass market car after the erstwhile Indica and Nano. To build a portfolio, you need to flood the market with one of your cars and Tata just did that with a well built quality Tiago. And once people slowly started buying Tata cars, they understood the quality of Tata and a word of mouth to their friends and relatives can only mean one way - up. And they launched the first 5-star rated car under 10 Lakh in the form of Nexon and then as they say rest is history, where now they are able to move 25L cars in thousands which is still a dream for the Top 2 OEMs.

The last time they sold more than 27,224 units was way back in March 2012 (almost 9 years - 107 months to be exact) riding on the back of their previous huge selling mass market cars - Indica, Nano and Indigo. During the month, they sold a total of 36,984 units (yes, you read that right ) with Nano constituting 10,475 units, Indica (+ Vista) selling 11,420 units and Indigo (+ Manza) contributing 8,295 units. The other cars were Sumo (3,631 units), Safari/Storme (1,802 units), Venture (978 units) and Aria (383 units).

It clearly suggests that Tata has moved up the Value chain, now that their highest selling cars at least a segment above their erstwhile predecessors and if Safari/Harrier could maintain their sales volume, it's going to be Tata all the way with their exciting new launches on the horizon.

Last edited by jpcoolguy : 4th March 2021 at 00:35.
jpcoolguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 00:42   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
you will not regret waiting for the Safari.... TATA has done a stellar job with the Harrier/Safari.
My heart goes for the Safari too. It was upon my insistence that we visited Tata showroom. Otherwise he had made up his mind 99% on Seltos. I was only betting on 1% chance and the inconvenience served a final nail in the coffin.
Thermodynamics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 00:50   #68

I see lot of time we say AMT is bad, TC , CVT or DCT better , isn't it about the use and value proposition. I started using AMT redigo just to run daily errands but soon started loving it so much that I left using the other car( There is a story of redigo which I will share soon). I think if we understand how AMT behaves then ride will be like any other automatic well almost ,with proper pedal inputs. They return great mileage and dare I say you can push them to extract performance as well. Only thing you need to learn is the language else you might find yourself between no where during quick overtakes. Coming to the point HBX has to be an AMT to maintain value proposition otherwise if it has safety, equipment, power train and transmission of premium quality it will be priced similar to Nexon.
Steer-safe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 01:57   #69
BHPian

Stellar performance by TML.

Glad to have Hexa and be part of TML family. If I look back now, Hexa is a true value for money product which you could buy around 20L on road (BLR) for the top end version.

Hexa was their turning point and I sincerely hope they bring the same DNA in some other form.

Now, coming to their product portfolio everyone says Tigor is the weak link. I kind of disagree, the product is just marred because of positioning, its neither here nor there.

They should have launched it without even comparing it with Dzire, Amaze and Xcent. It should have created its own segment.

So I test drove Tigor and Tiago (MT) and I had very low expectation for Tigor and somewhat high expectation for Tiago.

However, it was the Tigor which actually impressed me with its value for money offering.

Here are the points which I liked about Tigor BS6 as compared to Tiago:

• Looks: it has mature looks and is a proper well integrated sedan (no patch up job).
  • Space: Its almost same as Tiago but you get a 490 L usable boot with gas struts.
  • Engine: Specs are same, however I felt Tigor engine is much more refined and have less vibrations than Tiago engine
  • Drivability (drove with 3 people): I felt it has ample low end torque to drive in traffic, on an empty stretch I just accelerated in 3rd gear and the car responded eagerly and reached 80-90 KMPH pretty soon.
  • Ride quality: Its way better than swift, it just glides over pot hole. Its very composed and there is minimal side way movements over bad roads.
  • Interiors: Well laid out with all the required features, good music system, Apple and android support, steering mounted control, safety features etc.

Can be better
  • Finishing: Beading finishing needs some work.
  • Interior plastics: They are okay, but at this price point its understandable
  • Engine: Mentioning here as to me its adequate, but may not satisfy people who want to drive hard. So bringing in Turbo will help, but it will push the cost too.

Icing on the cake is its pricing, the XM (Mid Variant MT) is INR 6.09 Ex-Showroom which comes to around INR 7.3 L on road in Bangalore.

And with the offers going around you can have this under 7L.

I feel its an underrated product just ignored because of engine specification on paper. I feel you should drive it and then make a call.

Hope TML positions it as a sub compact sedan rather than compact sedan. Lower the price by 10-20 K and bring in Turbo in this at a premium of 30-40 K and you can pull in some crowd.

This will help TML to open up an entirely new segment of sub-compact sedan. for the families who want a sleek sedan car which has good looks, usable boot and can satisfy their power needs when required.

All the best TML, good going.

Also, dont forget your Hexa customers

-PK
pk_del is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 03:52   #70
BHPian

February 21 seems to be positive for all manufacturers except Ford and Skoda.

Glad that Tata is making some really good cars and gaining customers.

I still feel they should have one more product which directly competes Creta/Seltos and that would be the game changer.

Something that sits between Nexon and Harrier!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata aims for 10% market share with Safari, HBX launch-ac6e8a349da14aefb2846dedb44ae9d7.jpeg  

firstdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 09:05   #71
BHPian

Can't wait for Tata to launch a SafarEV! That would qualm the range anxiety folks post the Delhi Nexon debacle and give superb practicality and range, while looking good doing it

any takers for a SafarEV? I quite like the name I coined
Old 4th March 2021, 09:17   #72
BHPian

It is indeed great to see our home brand doing so well. They have managed to tease out the best of the JLR platforms and come up with quality products of their own. The numbers truly reflect the confidence level of the customers with the brand now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
This come back is because of the Hexa. Many saw its potential but sadly only a few of us put our money down.

When you walk into the showroom and see a stunningly well built car that could retail for double its asking price if it's badge was different, it gives so much confidence to customers not only who are shopping for it but for all other cars in the brand.
I agree with that fully. Hexa was indeed the vehicle that made the transition from mediocrity to excellence for TML. I am a proud owner of a Hexa myself and it is a grossly under rated car that was let down by poor marketing and possibly the market being not confident about the TATA brand at that time when it was launched. The ride quality and the solid feel of the Hexa punches many notches above its class. It is only in the last 2 years or so that the brand has really taken off in the passenger vehicle segment. Hope they don't rest on their laurels and rise to greater heights with more quality offerings in different segments. Also, the after sales and service departments have to really buck up and offer a better experience. There is much room for improvement there.
Great times for Indian motoring.

Cheerio!
alphadog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 17:38   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata HBX Reveals Its Interior In New Spy Pictures

Tata aims for 10% market share with Safari, HBX launch-tatahbxhornbill4.jpg

Tata aims for 10% market share with Safari, HBX launch-tatahbxinteriorspied1972x720.jpg

Tata aims for 10% market share with Safari, HBX launch-tatahbxinteriorspied2971x720.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 20:02   #74
BHPian

These photos are clicked and shared by our own BHPian @'Tushky'. Then why is it linked to Gaadiwaadi?
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5024983

Even Gaadiwaadi shared source as Tushky's post.
Deepsp is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks