Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2021, 21:18   #46
BHPian
 
Shreyas_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 245
Thanked: 1,168 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
the smashing looks in red colour with dual tone shade (Kushaq IMO looks good too).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
The T-Roc isn't available in Red in India. See the website here -
https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/mode...c.html#Colours
So I hear that there is indeed going to be a Red color for the T-Roc now. It will replace the Orange.

On-road price in Mumbai will be around 27.5

Bit steep considering the Octavia is round the corner and comes with an equally good build quality if not better, reportedly has the amazing 2L petrol plus DSG and should cost around 28-30 for the top spec!
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 21:46   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
CEF_Beasts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,339
Thanked: 7,486 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

Volkswagen is advertising the T-Roc in Red this time around, so there has to be a red that has been added to the palette.

Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open-631707eea2914e23810fe3fa9c15b6dd.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNKeN0Nn...d=p15y7o13n572

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 2nd April 2021 at 21:57.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 21:58   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,422
Thanked: 2,645 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Volkswagen is advertising the T-Roc in Red this time around, so there has to be a red that had been added to the palette.
Car in the picture seems to have the steering on the left side. They seem to have borrowed the picture too from abroad
Guna is offline  
Old 2nd April 2021, 22:03   #49
BHPian
 
Avinash_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 359
Thanked: 955 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Car in the picture seems to have the steering on the left side. They seem to have borrowed the picture too from abroad
The steering wheel looks like it's on the right side only.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open-screenshot_20210402220238.jpg  

Avinash_R is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 22:06   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 135
Thanked: 347 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by lina View Post
What would be the annual maintenance cost of this car? Will it be 20k+?

All my family members including me own Hyundai/Hondas and we are used to <10k per year. Ive heard that VW costs will be higher but would like to get a ball-park especially for this imported car.
Please check the service cost of any VW car on the link below. You can see service costs across the lifecycle of car. Service costs are very similar to this and if a good rapport with SA and service centre you can save further on the amount.

https://www.volkswagen.co.in/app/sit...ostcalculator/
steadfast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 22:32   #51
BHPian
 
Lowflyer23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Delhi
Posts: 270
Thanked: 1,151 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

The VW Crossovers are too closely priced right now and I can't narrow down onto one because after stretching my budget to 30 Lacs, I feel if I spend 4-5 Lacs more then I'll be able to have the Allspace, also just above the T-Roc there will be the facelift of Tiguan. I am seriously confused now.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 10:32   #52
Newbie
 
Philomath55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 13
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

Is Volkswagen India bringing in more variants of the T-Roc for the second batch?
They should try bringing limited numbers of the hotter version the T-Roc R. Provided they price it sensibly unlike the VRS 245.
Philomath55 is offline  
Old 3rd April 2021, 13:07   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 222
Thanked: 438 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
The VW Crossovers are too closely priced right now and I can't narrow down onto one because after stretching my budget to 30 Lacs, I feel if I spend 4-5 Lacs more then I'll be able to have the Allspace, also just above the T-Roc there will be the facelift of Tiguan. I am seriously confused now.
I was informed by the dealer that discounted stock of Allspace is all but over. They were trying to hunt down a car for a friend of mine. The fresh stock will go north of 40. And I for one am a bit skeptical of where VW is headed with their strategy.

They designed a "India" specific platform and promoted it too much sparking fears of it being under-engineered much like their competition has for years. And discontinued their diesels too. The very 2 things that made them special I'd imagine! They want to go after mass-market (Hyundai/Kia command a premium in the absence of any legit competition) but if the rumors of the pricing of Karoq and Taigun are correct they still want to be operating at a premium (in spite of, dare I say, being under-specced). And T-Roc is certainly at a premium, CBU and all that accounted.

Lack of diesels also reduces VAG cars' appeal beyond the turbo-thrill! There's the absolute value proposition as well. My 1.6 Tdi offers a similar driving experience to the 1.0 Tsi, the one massive difference is mileage. Drove a friend's Compass recently back from Mumbai to Chandigarh, 1.4 Tsi, and 2 things stood out. The terrible turbo lag and atrocious fuel economy. The car was returning ~11kmpl on the highway with slightly enthusiastic driving. My Vento easily does 22!
Annibaddh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 13:45   #54
BHPian
 
Lowflyer23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Delhi
Posts: 270
Thanked: 1,151 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annibaddh View Post
I was informed by the dealer that discounted stock of Allspace is all but over. They were trying to hunt down a car for a friend of mine. The fresh stock will go north of 40. And I for one am a bit skeptical of where VW is headed with their strategy.

They designed a "India" specific platform and promoted it too much sparking fears of it being under-engineered much like their competition has for years. And discontinued their diesels too. The very 2 things that made them special I'd imagine! They want to go after mass-market (Hyundai/Kia command a premium in the absence of any legit competition) but if the rumors of the pricing of Karoq and Taigun are correct they still want to be operating at a premium (in spite of, dare I say, being under-specced). And T-Roc is certainly at a premium, CBU and all that accounted.
I doubt they'll be able to sell that stock of Allspace at 40 Lacs plus. Soon there will be similar discounts when VW will once again realize they can't do a 'Toyota' in that segment.

Regarding the Indian specific platform, even I have my fair share of worries and doubts for the same regarding build and quality. I believe they'll have to make some compromises here and there and we can't expect a CBU level quality in the Kushaq and Taigun segment (assuming they'll be launched to compete with the Korean crossovers). Also VAG has to do this because as mentioned several times earlier, enthusiast sentiments don't make a car a sales success in India , we all know what does .
Lowflyer23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 13:10   #55
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: HYD/Bangalore
Posts: 10
Thanked: 44 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

The sales executive from PPS Volkswagen sent me a couple of pictures of the red T-Roc. They have a blue one on display right now and the test drive vehicle will arrive in a couple of weeks it seems. The on road price in Hyderabad is 25.77 lakhs.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open-02f8cc9b475244d18581b7a7b83eba53.jpeg  

Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open-638bca3e6b6941efa5fe7bb7e5ebd966.jpeg  

Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open-5707e37ee23345319a7637d4e6f8ff52.jpeg  

Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open-78866e01d2b2431a9c9e772067b33957.jpeg  

Bnr12 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 13:54   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata/NCR
Posts: 1,374
Thanked: 1,039 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnr12 View Post
The sales executive from PPS Volkswagen sent me a couple of pictures of the red T-Roc. They have a blue one on display right now and the test drive vehicle will arrive in a couple of weeks it seems. The on road price in Hyderabad is 25.77 lakhs.
Wow. Looks amazing. Surprisingly, they sold 166 T-Rocs in April. That is a LOT. Does that mean deliveries have started?
Pancham is offline  
Old 8th May 2021, 22:45   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 179
Thanked: 266 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Wow. Looks amazing. Surprisingly, they sold 166 T-Rocs in April. That is a LOT. Does that mean deliveries have started?
Those are all the inventory received at the dealerships. Deliveries will begin soon after lockdown lifts I think. Even after the price increase from last year, guess T-ROC is able to garner good interest. Interesting indeed.
TokyoDrifter is offline  
Old 9th May 2021, 01:06   #58
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: delhi
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

Pricing seems to be spot on for T-Roc. It looks quite premium especially in those blue, golden shades. Only grouse being the interior did not felt as premium(hard plastics all around) as older VW's like Jetta.
Karoq does take this shortcoming into account with stellar interiors, maybe that explains the significant price gap between the two.
Maverick_1991 is offline  
Old 9th May 2021, 08:47   #59
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 179
Thanked: 266 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnr12 View Post
The sales executive from PPS Volkswagen sent me a couple of pictures of the red T-Roc. They have a blue one on display right now and the test drive vehicle will arrive in a couple of weeks it seems. The on road price in Hyderabad is 25.77 lakhs.
How much increase in the OTR price is that for Hyd? Doesn’t seem much from what I remember. But there was news that the ex-showroom itself went up by 1/1.25 L?

Edit: confirmed that the OTR price in Bangalore is 27L. That makes it less value of the money in that category I’d think. So the price did go up by 1/1.25L ex-showroom.

Last edited by TokyoDrifter : 9th May 2021 at 09:10.
TokyoDrifter is offline  
Old 9th May 2021, 12:39   #60
BHPian
 
tristis2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 144
Thanked: 147 Times
Default Re: Volkswagen T-Roc back on sale; bookings open

Apart from the price increase and the red color on offer, are there any updates to the features ? Has anyone got any information ?
tristis2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks