Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2023, 14:46   #181
BHPian

Re: Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post

Else, you need to buy S-Cross service manual or subscription of Boodmo to see part numbers on their website. I’d prefer getting the service manual/parts catalog booklet.
No need to buy Boodmo subscription. Just click on the 'Spare Parts' ad link at the top on team-bhp.com. You should be able to find the part numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Hey Folks, My 2015 Baleno air vent clip gave up and I'm not able to adjust the airflow. Has anyone faced this issue, also if someone can share the part no. for the same? Thank you!
Not a Maruti owner, but if yours is Delta/Zeta/Alpha (if you are looking for the vent), the part numbers should be available in the below link:
https://oriparts.com/7/157/2954/781442

Last edited by theredliner : 21st August 2023 at 14:49.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 18:18   #182
BHPian

Might help someone.
But as mentioned earlier my car cleaner broke the central armrest clip and it wouldn't shut. As someone mentioned, replacing the entire unit isn't worth the price. I was surprised to find a couple days ago that it was fixed. So I asked my dad's driver as my dad had taken my S cross. He said he noticed it was broken, took it to a bike repair shop and they repaired it. 50 bucks. Hope this helps someone.
invidious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 18:31   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
As someone mentioned, replacing the entire unit isn't worth the price. I was surprised to find a couple days ago that it was fixed…He said he noticed it was broken, took it to a bike repair shop and they repaired it. 50 bucks.
Nice guy who cares for the cars he drives. Kudos to your dad’s driver for finding an economic fix (less than 1/100 cost).

Its me who’s living with this issue because this has come as blessing in disguise. I have listed the details in post 178 above.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5608218 (Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!)

Thank you for taking the time to share the outcome for us all.
Old 5th November 2023, 21:09   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
After about 12 years and 85K kilometers of use, the Swift VXI of my sister ended up with a torn gear lever boot and a broken gear knob. I know 12 years is a lot, but our other cars, an '08 Safari 2.2 with twice the mileage and a '09 Santro with about the same mileage still runs on original boot and knob.
It seems the longevity of the gear knob is a common problem in MSL cars.
The knob of my A-star broke after 9 years and that of my Ciaz after 7 years.
Although got replaced by a local shop for around Rs 500 each ,I wish quality could have been better.
thebonedoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 23:00   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebonedoc View Post
It seems the longevity of the gear knob is a common problem in MSL cars.
The knob of my A-star broke after 9 years and that of my Ciaz after 7 years.
Although got replaced by a local shop for around Rs 500 each ,I wish quality could have been better.
Agreed, I'm on my 3rd gear knob in my Swift. It just keeps crumbling in pieces every 2-3 years, and even while it lasts, the silver paint on the gear knob just wears off in barely a month. Terrible quality really.
Old 5th November 2023, 23:05   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
...the silver paint on the gear knob just wears off in barely a month. Terrible quality really.
I had that problem too until I replaced the knob with the one on the base model. There is no silver finish on it probably because MS considers it to be a premium feature.
Roy.S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 17:04   #187

My 2021 scross have this same issue 🥲
Old 14th December 2023, 11:05   #188

I too have the same experience with my Baleno. Had to replace the gear knob as the plastic started melting and became sticky when parked under the sun for like 2hrs, later the gear knob started coming out in pieces. Replaced with MGP as it was not so expensive. Door pad fabrics started coming out with some dust all around the door, will have to do some work around from local accessories shop as Maruti can replace only the entire door trim. Front cabin light lens was also replaced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks