Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2021, 10:27   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
And Naren do keep us posted if you get any first hand info about Maruti coming forward to support customers beyond warranty period regarding these common issues, at least the door trim part.
Maruti won't come forward and actively support the customers. If you email the regional office, Nexa RSM etc, they offer reduced price for the job. For example, the gear knob of S-Cross 1.6 is priced more than 5k but a friend got it for 1.5k after shooting mails to Maruti.

Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-img20210807wa0026.jpg

Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-img20210807wa0024.jpg
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 13:32   #137
Senior - BHPian

Read through the thread and I am surprised to see few of the issues reported. In April I sold my Ertiga Vdi which was more than 4.5 years old. I never faced any of the issues mentioned in the thread for gear knob or AC vents or door panel peeling off or any other part. In fact all parts were in very good condition even after 4.5 years of use, no issues at all.

Recently I got new Ertiga Zdi+ and I found quality of the parts to be good. Will be posting detailed review soon.
Old 12th August 2021, 15:21   #138
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Interior rattles are well known in Maruti Suzuki cars and most of them have learnt to live with it and funnily known as "free" accessory

Ok, this thread is not about the rattles..I am really disappointed with the poor quality interior parts in their premium Nexa cars like Baleno and S-Cross. I own both of them and have faced couple of issues.

Maruti Suzuki is the number 1 car manufacturer in India. They do make reliable engines and transmissions. But, they need to focus on better quality of interior parts. There's an almost 1 lakh Kms run Grand I10 in our garage which has zero rattles, and I didn't face any of the above issues too. I have also observed that Maruti Suzuki quality has deteriorated in newer cars. My 10 years old SX4 has better interior parts except for minor rattles.

The above mentioned issues really spoil the so called premium "Nexa Experience"
Hello Dr.Naren. I have been facing almost all the issues you have mentioned in my 6yr old Baleno. The door fabric has peeled off ,the cabin light glass broken and gear knob has developed cracks. What did you do about the peeled fabric? I am having a difficult time finding a replacement for the original one as the seat cover guy says the original fabric couldn't be pasted again. Is the cabin lamp glass available as spare? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by moralfibre : 17th August 2021 at 19:25. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 12th August 2021, 15:45   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
The door fabric has peeled off ,the cabin light glass broken and gear knob has developed cracks. What did you do about the peeled fabric?
I got artificial leather inserts for door pads. You can check it out here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5019322 (Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!)

Quote:
Is the cabin lamp glass available as spare? Thanks in advance.
Yes, it's available and priced at 108 bucks
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 15:54   #140
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
I got artificial leather inserts for door pads. You can check it out here.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5019322 (Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!)

Yes, it's available and priced at 108 bucks
Those door pads look so cool . I asked the seat cover guy to make door pads from art leather but he refused saying that it won't stick..and here I see that its excellent fit and looks better than original.Thankyou very much for the pictures. I will go to another shop and ask them to make exactly like these (hope you don't mind). And as the cabin lamp has broken and exposed the bulb inside, it has crossed my mind to chage the bulb to LEDs. By any chance, have you replaced the interior cabin lamp bulbs?
Old 12th August 2021, 20:03   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And as the cabin lamp has broken and exposed the bulb inside, it has crossed my mind to chage the bulb to LEDs. By any chance, have you replaced the interior cabin lamp bulbs?
Yes, you can install LEDs. I haven't done it.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 23:30   #142
Senior - BHPian

Check my thread about this:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-versions.html (Going cheap, the Maruti way : Comparing the Maruti Alto versions)
The slow deterioration of parts quality will not be much evident unless you buy the same car twice over a period of 10 years. Coming to think of it, the price of Maruti Alto was not changed much in 10 years. Then it is simple maths how Maruti will absorb the rising production costs.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 01:24   #143
BHPian

Finally, after the door-trim inserts, the Gear knob and its upholstery gave up.

Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-whatsapp-image-20210901-01.11.48.jpeg

Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-whatsapp-image-20210901-01.11.48-1.jpeg

Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-whatsapp-image-20210901-01.11.49.jpeg

Going to search for the part number and order the gear knob soon. If anyone is aware of this part no, then please share it with me.
Car is yet to complete six years on 23rd November and interiors giving up shows a great amount of cost-cutting at every nook and corner. If you will go through the Baleno owners group on Facebook, then every other day people are posting and complaining about the interior trims falling apart and I think it is common across all premium offerings(Baleno, S cross and Ciaz).
So much for the premium experience, I hope better sense prevails among the management of Maruti for raking up bank balance at the expense of quality and safety.
Highh5 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 19:26   #144
BHPian

Quote:
I am having a difficult time finding a replacement for the original one as the seat cover guy says the original fabric couldn't be pasted again.
I got the leather pasted just last week for door peeling issue. Details of it you can find here.
puneetakhouri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 19:30   #145
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
I got the leather pasted just last week for door peeling issue. Details of it you can find here.
I too got art leather lining on door pads in the meantime. Though the finish is not like yours, It looks better than the old fabric lining.
Old 4th December 2021, 19:40   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The above mentioned issues really spoil the so called premium "Nexa Experience"
Agree about the interiors, but not this. There is absolutely nothing premium about Maruti.

What you are paying for is just the engine and a good service network across the country. Once you set out of the showroom, all the premium is gone for a toss. Rest all is just waste of money, be it poor ergonomics, rattles, poor interiors etc. etc.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 4th December 2021 at 19:41.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 23:44   #147
BHPian

There are multiple instances of foreign companies localising their production but quality of these products nosedive.
Plastic louvres of my two Hitachi Air conditioners which are now made in India disintegerated and fell by themselves within two years. Now there is blank space in the vents of these air conditioners and nothing to guide the airflow!
After that I deliberately bought a ME Aircon made in Thailand.
neeraj0272 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 17:43   #148
BHPian

Finally, the gear knob of my 2017 made 2nd gen swift broke off. The car has been sparingly used and covered only 32k kms till date.
Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-20211205_150340_hdr.jpg

Ironically, our beater, a 2009 swift completed it's 200k kms recently and doing strong. We haven't changed anything apart from the annual regular maintenance.

Maruti should focus on improving its interior quality, especially when its competitors are gaming up. The only solace is that the parts are priced cheap and are readily available. Replaced the knob with that of Baleno's. Let's see how long does this lasts.
Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-20211205_164528_hdr.jpg
Ponbaarathi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 13:38   #149
BHPian

My Gear knob also disintegrated :(
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...1&d=1639641343

While i appreciate the Jugaads others have employed, i was thinking of a different approach - would an after-market gear knob like the following Sparco/Momo fit in this ? Mine is a 1.6 s-cross with a pull-up reverse gear. I'd hate to go for the Maruti knob again, it's quite clear the soft plastic in it wouldn't survive Chennai heat.

https://www.amazon.in/AUTO-MT-Alumin...omotive&sr=1-1

Also, is this an easy change? is the knob screwed in or just plugged in?
Attached Thumbnails
Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-scrossgear.jpg  

Old 26th April 2022, 19:53   #150
Senior - BHPian

I just became a victim of this infamous interior plastic quality.

Car: S-Cross 1.5 Petrol, October 2020.

Parts broken: Glove box lid, Front arm rest.

My October 2020 S-Cross has done just 13,000Km in 1.5 years and has undergone 4 services (first paid service done last week). The car is still under two years warranty. I will be shooting a feedback email to Nexa tomorrow.

Glove Box Lid:
After I brought my car home from service (and MGU replacement), I observed that the glove box lid comes down fast when opened rather than a smooth damped opening. I inspected it during day light the next day and found that the dampener hasn't be reconnected. Today, I found some time to spend with the car and I just realized that the male part where this dampener docks has broken so may be that is the reason it was never connected.

Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-scross-broken-glove-box.jpg

Front arm rest:
While coming back to my work place a day after getting the car serviced, I opened the glove box and the pull type lock came in my hand as its plastic broke. It is so disappointing because the car has seen 80% usage on the highways due to my nature of work. I have carefully reinserted the pull type lever back in its place and it is barely holding the armrest so as not to trigger my anger every time it creates vibrations.

Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-scross-broken-armrest.jpg

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 26th April 2022 at 20:01. Reason: inserted images
PaddleShifter is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks