Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2021, 18:26   #106
BHPian

Re: Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!

We have a Celerio in the family - 4 years old as of now. Not single driver driven and primarily driven by my sister who learned on it. Still the car is holding well together with no cracks on the gear knob or any plastics. The only observation I had when I compared to a recent purchase by my friend - celerio again - was that the plastics ‘felt’ more prone to scratching and also a bit different. Again it could just be perception but I felt that. Maybe - just maybe - it could be a parts supplier issue or it could be a batch issue.
Also, if you park in the sun the interiors wear out faster - experienced this with my Vista as I had to move it to open parking a couple of years ago. The steering deteriorated quickly which didn’t happen in the first 7-8 years of ownership when it was parked in the shade.
torquecurve is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 18:56   #107
BHPian

Know one guy based in Singapore who often visits India because he works for a parts vendor. That's before covid. Now it's zoom.

Hilarious tales of pathetic cheapness of all car makers and their purchasing executives. Plus regular price cut demands, comparing to knock off Chinese part prices and demands to match etc etc.

Many a time, he politely and sometimes not so politely said get lost. Then they come back.

Something has to give.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th April 2021 at 13:01. Reason: Many a times > many a time. Please do not post expletives on the forum directly or indirectly. Thanks.
ggkg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 01:34   #108
Senior - BHPian

Our 2018 Dzire is definitely ageing faster than our 2009 Swift. The RVM is developing some cloudy stains, door trim plastic is very easily scratched, changing gear from 1st to 2nd causes a wobbly plastic noise from the engine compartment and also the gear knob moves around a fair bit in 4th gear under certain conditions and since yesterday I can possibly hear some faint suspension noise on a 11000km driven car
Mortis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 07:29   #109
Senior - BHPian

This is my personal experience of 2 Maruti cars I have owned.

The first was a 1997 "jellybean" Zen. I used it mainly in Chennai, with trips to Bangalore on the highway that was being under construction, hence it took a beating on the highway. It was parked in the open in office - no shade. The interior fixtures and fittings were as good as new even in 2003. No fading, no cracks, nothing broken.

I did not own a Maruti car until I bought my S-Cross in 2016. I haven't had any mechanical issues, but here is the list of interior fittings/fixtures that are problematic:
1. Map light cover broke and fell off.
2. Clip that closes the centre box (between the seats) broke
3. Air conditioning vent slat is broken
4. Gear knob becomes "mushy" when the car is parked in the open

Quality of these parts is, in my opinion, certainly below par.
KiloAlpha is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 20:15   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post

I have also verified that these issues were quite common and posting few pics received from other owners too.

The above mentioned issues really spoil the so called premium "Nexa Experience"
I had given up on the Nexa Experience being anything out of the ordinary after the Nexa Dealer lost my Pan Card, spelt my name wrong in the RTO documents , which ultimately had to be corrected with the help of a lawyer. I even reached out to the VP/GM of Mandovi motors, but they just shoved my complaint under the rug.
The clutch had to be replaced at 41000 kms, at cost.

Before i go off topic with my rants, here are the issues in common with you

Damaged Gear knob
Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-whatsapp-image-20210314-4.13.04-pm.jpeg

Peeling Chrome
Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-whatsapp-image-20210314-4.13.05-pm.jpeg

Peeling fabric - rear door
Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-whatsapp-image-20210314-4.29.07-pm-1.jpeg

Peeling fabric - front door
Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-whatsapp-image-20210314-4.29.07-pm.jpeg

Also look at how easily the plastic gets scratched due to poor quality
Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-whatsapp-image-20210314-4.13.04-pm-1.jpeg

The cover of the lights in my car have fallen off too - got that fixed

Exterior - This is a video of dimples within the first week

Goes without saying that the number of dimples are now more than a dozen

Last edited by slicvic : 15th March 2021 at 20:19.
slicvic is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 23:52   #111
BHPian

My Celerio after only 14,000 Kms has had to have steering assembly replaced. There was a loud noise coming from the steering column and on investigation found that the all the grease and lubricants had dried up. The MASS guys are not able give an explanation as to why is it happened and just say that sometimes these things happen. I have refused to take delivery of the vehicle until an official explanation is given and the system examined by Maruti engineers.
AyushB is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 12:50   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

I was a rear passenger in Ciaz yesterday and this is what I observed.

Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-screenshot_20210322124712__01.jpg

And the story continues in my S-Cross... aluminium finish on gear stick is also going off

Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-img_20210320_083914.jpg
Dr.Naren is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 16:46   #113
BHPian

Quote:
I was a rear passenger in Ciaz yesterday and this is what I observed.

Attachment 2135658

And the story continues in my S-Cross... aluminium finish on gear stick is also going off

Attachment 2135660

Do you think this could be due to moisture issue in Manipal?
Old 11th April 2021, 10:28   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leem View Post
Being from one of Tier1 suppliers to OEMs, i happen to know a bit about purchase departments of various manufacturers.

Being a vendor for MSIL models is a dream for most suppliers. over 20k sales/month for top selling models to consistent 4-5k orders is something which can supplement a complete manufacturing unit at tier 1 levels.

Ergo
+1!!

Although your original comment has been edited by the mods as baseless allegations, posting a reply here as I've personally wrote off a few Apple products as 'misc expense' from our marketing budget. It was a straightforward ask from the counterparty during negotiations. I'm sure we have a lot of members from the auto comp community and would be great to hear from them in this regard.

OT: I would love to revisit this quote in the future when Hyundai beats MSIL for the #1 spot.
icyspikey is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 12:36   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Exterior - This is a video of dimples within the first week

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=v6uJj5h3Eno

Goes without saying that the number of dimples are now more than a dozen
Almost every Baleno I see, may be, except the new ones had one or more dimple. Mine now has two on both sides of the front doors. We need to have a separate thread where owners need to post their car's dimple.

Maruti and their transport agency must be very, very talented to transport such a delicate, wafer thin tin can car and delivering to their dealers without any dimple.
amvj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 23:29   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

This was the condition of my S-Cross 1.6 gear knob. It costs 5k+. Replaced it with Ciaz 1.5 DDIS knob for Rs. 520. It's a direct fit just the shift pattern badge is different. There is a solution for it , will implement it later

Deteriorating quality of interior parts in Maruti-Suzuki cars!-img_20210527_152254.jpg
Dr.Naren is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 08:14   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This was the condition of my S-Cross 1.6 gear knob. It costs 5k+. Replaced it with Ciaz 1.5 DDIS knob for Rs. 520.
5k for a gear knob!? Damn! Even 520 seems much when compared to 250 I spent for my ciaz 1.3 gear knob replacement. New one, MGA. Guess Maruti is learning to price its spares atrociously like other manufacturers.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 08:21   #118
Senior - BHPian

What a thread.
I am a total anti-Maruti person mainly because of build quality.
There's nothing premium about even a 18 lakh Maruti. What you are actually paying for is the engine and the remaining things are complimentary.
The reason why people always lke Maruti and keep buying it, is that most of the parts are cheap and every now and then you can replace a rattling part.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 09:27   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
The reason why people always lke Maruti and keep buying it, is that most of the parts are cheap and every now and then you can replace a rattling part.
Spare parts for the newer Maruti’s are not that cheap but since the parts are shared amongst all of them and older ones as well, finding the same part at a cheaper price will not be difficult!

Also people don’t buy them because parts are cheap they buy them because of the customer satisfaction, reliability and humongous service network.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 10:02   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
5k for a gear knob!? Damn! Even 520 seems much when compared to 250 I spent for my ciaz 1.3 gear knob replacement. New one, MGA. Guess Maruti is learning to price its spares atrociously like other manufacturers.
Yes, the gear knob for S-Cross 1.6 is imported and priced super high.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks