Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2008, 13:04   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Mods, can i name one of those horrible . . . err honourable manufacturers? i have a reliable source.

raj
Absolutely! Do not ever think twice before disclosing any information which may benefit potential buyers, whether it is to do with manufacturers, dealerships or the after-market.
Old 12th February 2008, 16:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Absolutely! Do not ever think twice before disclosing any information which may benefit potential buyers, whether it is to do with manufacturers, dealerships or the after-market.
Well that horrible.... err....honourable manufacturer is M&M. The rejected vehicles are sold to their employees!
according to my source, a scorpio with all mechanicals working correctly but with bad paint job and panelling job can be bought at a discount of Rs. 1 L or more by the employees.
Old 12th February 2008, 16:52   #48
BHPian

The same goes for GM. The damaged insurance claim vehicles are auctioned off in Halol, near my city. Prices are cheaper by 1-1.5 lakh depending on the condition of the vehicle.

I dont know if its wrong though...because they tell you about the car youre getting.
Quote:
Well that horrible.... err....honourable manufacturer is M&M. The rejected vehicles are sold to their employees!
according to my source, a scorpio with all mechanicals working correctly but with bad paint job and panelling job can be bought at a discount of Rs. 1 L or more by the employees.
Old 15th February 2008, 23:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
The same goes for GM. The damaged insurance claim vehicles are auctioned off in Halol, near my city. Prices are cheaper by 1-1.5 lakh depending on the condition of the vehicle.
Its not worth buying a factory second car for just 1.5L off, if it was half the price of the car, then we are talking.
Old 16th February 2008, 11:50   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just Rs.1L discount for the seconds car is not a great deal, they should make it atleast 40-50%discount.
Old 17th February 2008, 12:43   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Just Rs.1L discount for the seconds car is not a great deal, they should make it atleast 40-50%discount.

A fool is soon parted from his money .....
Old 20th February 2009, 20:03   #52
BHPian

One of my friend is also thinking to buy a Santro from a factory second dealing person.

He is getting 50K discount.

He is also highly politically influential so, not worrying about ***.

He says that the dealer has many different models of cars with him.
Old 21st February 2009, 13:21   #53
BANNED

loving_aalap - looks like a test drive car. Why should Hyundai take factory seconds all way to Amdvad?
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:12   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
loving_aalap - looks like a test drive car. Why should Hyundai take factory seconds all way to Amdvad?

Probably not,

The dealer said all the cars have minor scratch / similar minor defects, so, they haven't put under official sale (company second).

Well one has to believe the words of dealers.
Old 23rd February 2009, 18:14   #55
BHPian

I just spoke to a friend whose sister is a IT Commissioner and she mentioned to him that a factory second (with painting flaw or part flaw, which is rectified and also gets manufacturer's certification for proper working etc and Guarantee ) normally will be sold at 50-70% discount.
An e.g she gave was of a E Class Merc sold at 9L OTR

So anything less than at least 50% discount is not done.. Normally employees will know of such cars first..
Old 23rd February 2009, 18:20   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Today me and my pal were running around looking for a new car for him,when all of a sudden we came across what looked like your every day grocery store with a few new indica's,a safari,a indigo outside[all without any registration plate].So I thought this was some tata dealer operating from a one room shop and was curious to pay a visit.

But we were in for a suprise the guy was actually selling rejected pieces from the factory/official tata dealer.The indica had a reduction of 50k,indigo and safari [reduction was in lakhs].I wondered who actually purchased these cars but to my suprise the safari and indigo were sold out,and he told me that the indica's too were on the verge of being finalised by a party and that his business is doing quite well.The guy even offers 3 free services,no warranty though. If I waited for a week he could get me whatever I wanted for a special rate.I thanked him and left the place[I am never going back there].I had heard of this with regards to clothes but cars.

The indica was closest to me and in one glance I noticed that the indica had huge panel gaps,the headlamps were not properly fixed in ther slot and there were huge gaps,There were some scratches here and there on the bumper,the door looked like it had been repainted.The fog lamps too were not correctly fitting.The safari looked kind of okay maybe it had been repainted could not make out as it was far away.
Wow! Now, Dont tell me that they even have a store in some Delhi bylanes that sells Indica and Safari Fakes!
Jus kidding
Old 27th October 2009, 22:01   #57
mkh
Senior - BHPian

elantra

have heard but yet to confirm this- in hyundai chennai for commuting within the factory and internal use they had used hyundai elantra CRDI's( hard to believe !!!)
They are selling those for about 4-5 lacs and have run only 5-6K kms...if its true what a deal!! even tho elantra is a dead mover but then CRDI for 5 lacs...use it for 5-6 years and give it away as scrap and still its a good buy i feel
BTW i had heard in the old old day- Matiz cars were going for 60-70K less when they were about to close, could not land my hands on one:(
Old 27th October 2009, 22:40   #58
Senior - BHPian

I notice that most of you prefer to stay safe than go for these rejected cars but for a chap who has a throrough technical knowledge of cars, this is a chance for a steal. Its risky for the average buyer but a tech savvy one will be able to pick a good deal from this sort of place. For instance, a couple of lakhs off on a car just because it has a bad paint job and is otherwise fine is a great deal, no?
Old 27th October 2009, 23:35   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash-NewCar View Post
I just spoke to a friend whose sister is a IT Commissioner and she mentioned to him that a factory second (with painting flaw or part flaw, which is rectified and also gets manufacturer's certification for proper working etc and Guarantee ) normally will be sold at 50-70% discount.
An e.g she gave was of a E Class Merc sold at 9L OTR

So anything less than at least 50% discount is not done.. Normally employees will know of such cars first..
Dude merc for 9L OTR please sign me up for one. I completely don't belive that please dig further and help I am looking to buy a merc. Please prove this? I will buy it garranteed!
Old 4th February 2012, 23:32   #60
Senior - BHPian

Re: Factory seconds

I am not talking about seconds or rejects here, but second quality, or rather, the quality taking into account the minor differences in manufacturing cars of the same make, including lemons. Do the manufacturer / dealer know before-hand which car is the finest among the lot up for sale and which among them are having a slight deviation from being perfect and which of them can be a lemon?

May be the pessimist in me have taken over the senses to think that the netas and people who have got good hold with the manufacturers / dealers get the finest of the vehicles. What lead me to think in this line is that some of us are getting worse mileage from our cars while it is not so the case with others. Some among us are unlucky (or are they forced to be unlucky is my question) to get lemons. Also, I have heard from a reputed mechanic that the state police department do get the best of the jeeps rolling out from M & M. We also know of experiences from our forum where the dealer trying to sell cars more than a year old and cars which were damaged while waiting for a buyer.

Is such a thing present in our country or am I dreaming things up?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks