Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2021, 11:46   #61
BHPian

re: Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India

While most people who did not like the design seem to have been offended by the front end design, I can sort of understand that Hyundai probably went for a baby Palisade look. I did not like the design but over time, have come to a grudging acceptance of the design.

The rear end though is a whole different story. At least for me, the continuous drooping, sloping and awkwardly bulging rear end which widens as it goes lower towards the bumper, seemed to resemble the rear end of an elephant. No amount of seeing the car on the roads has gotten me to be more accepting of it.

The rear lights look good illuminated in the dark as long the rest of the body is not visible, but that's about it. For me, the wrong end of the vehicle is getting a design change and not for the better. The new generation Tucson looks weird and plastering its grill onto the Creta now ensures that both, the front and rear end designs are not to my taste.

Sad part is, I have been a Creta owner for close to 6 years now, and a satisfied one at that and my next upgrade in a few years would have had the Tucson as a major contender. I am quite happy with the interiors of all these vehicles and also how they drive, with the exception of the braking performance, but getting past the distasteful exterior design is feeling like one bridge too many to cross.

I had hoped that the Sportage would hold more aesthetic appeal, but that too just seems to have an overdone Seltos front end.

Not that Hyundai is worried about any of this as the Indian customer in general, cant seem to get enough of the Creta, given the long waiting period, supply chains issues not withstanding.

Just my 2 cents though.
RobC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 13:50   #62

The front end kind of looks like a Renault Kwid and I think they should have cleaned up the rear a bit more. The design looks a bit polarizing to me but I think time will heal that. Anyways, great that Hyundai is constantly keeping it fresh even though they really didn't need to update theb Creta
Old 6th November 2021, 15:46   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Is this the Hyundai Creta face-lift?
If this is what we really get as production version. I am liking the front 100% better than the current version, it is not as polarising.
Old 6th November 2021, 17:47   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
For a second I got really excited that headlights went back to the position they're supposed to be at and it started looking like a normal vehicle instead of a Yahg from Mass Effect. But to no avail
Completely OT, but the Yahg was killed by Shepard and it was probably the only one in existence. Now Hyundai insists on bringing it back!
Looks like someone in the design department likes ME a lot! The instrument cluster looks like the HUD the Turian has!
N33raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 22:16   #65
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N33raj View Post
Completely OT, but the Yahg was killed by Shepard and it was probably the only one in existence. Now Hyundai insists on bringing it back!
Hyundai's not the only one. Remember the chunky guy on Sur'Kesh?

Quote:
Looks like someone in the design department likes ME a lot! The instrument cluster looks like the HUD the Turian has!
The one word I'd relate between Turians and Hyundai is reliability
vredesbyrd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 09:41   #66
BHPian

I am not disappointed by the facelift looks because I never placed any hopes on it. The rear is the worst and it is left mostly unchanged. I hope Hyundai gives diesel auto combination from middle variants like Seltos.
Old 7th November 2021, 13:16   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai's not the only one. Remember the chunky guy on Sur'Kesh?
The one word I'd relate between Turians and Hyundai is reliability
Sur'Kesh? the Salarian home world. Are you referring to the Krogans? Quite the tough little you know whats!

As for reliability, Garrus can take quite the abuse and not go down; cannot say the same for Hyundai.
Old 7th November 2021, 17:16   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Sur'Kesh? the Salarian home world. Are you referring to the Krogans? Quite the tough little you know whats!.
There was a wild Yagh on one of the floors.The damn Salarians were running experiments on him. He beat up a few cerberus troops on the way out, once his containment shield was disabled. Shep exclaims "there goes the next Shadow Broker". Liara is not impressed by the statement.
Old 7th November 2021, 18:24   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
2022 Creta facelift, with a new design for the front-end spotted testing. Grill inspired from Tucson and headlights from Palisade.
Apologies if this has been asked already, could there be an adaptive cruise control added to the Creta facelift under testing.

I am viewing from mobile and can not make out the area of the grill below the front emblem.
Old 7th November 2021, 19:52   #70
BHPian

Quote:
There was a wild Yagh on one of the floors.The damn Salarians were running experiments on him. He beat up a few cerberus troops on the way out, once his containment shield was disabled. Shep exclaims "there goes the next Shadow Broker". Liara is not impressed by the statement.
Ah yes! I forgot! But i did not take Liara on that mission. I took Javik and Garrus. Yes you are right. That was a Yahg! Will have to play it again with T'Soni then.
By the way, it seems in the revamped version of ME, there are 2 Yahg in that facility. So 2 heirs to the Shadow Broker!
Old 7th November 2021, 20:24   #71
BHPian

Quote:
By the way, it seems in the revamped version of ME, there are 2 Yahg in that facility. So 2 heirs to the Shadow Broker!
Sends shivers down my spine.
Old 7th November 2021, 20:39   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Sends shivers down my spine.
He he he he...
Lets not spam this thread anymore with ME, Yahgs, Asaris, Turians, Krogans,... You get the drift.
Some folks might get very confused: there was a car and now there is Mass Effect!
Old 9th November 2021, 12:53   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Creta facelift leaked ahead of November 11 debut:

Name:  20211109123524_Hyundai_Creta_FL_3.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  71.7 KB

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 1340
Size:  83.3 KB

Name:  2.JPG
Views: 1330
Size:  76.4 KB

Name:  3.JPG
Views: 1341
Size:  65.2 KB

Name:  4.JPG
Views: 1329
Size:  60.6 KB

Name:  5.JPG
Views: 1283
Size:  90.0 KB

Name:  6.JPG
Views: 1340
Size:  64.5 KB

Name:  7.JPG
Views: 1320
Size:  88.2 KB

Name:  8.JPG
Views: 1313
Size:  49.5 KB

Name:  9.JPG
Views: 1300
Size:  75.2 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th November 2021 at 13:00.
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 20:48   #74
BHPian

Sigh! This is one design that definitely needs getting used to. Just as we were warming up to the current iteration here comes another look that will definitely be an acquired taste.
kedar_GT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 21:50   #75
BHPian

I think Hyundai takes a very big bet on its design. But, I still feel the first-gen Creta was the only one in this iteration that looks decent to me.

Will I buy Creta, any Gen? Probably Not. It is not to my liking. But, if you are looking for a sub-20L budget SUV, then Creta is a serious contender simply to pass by. It is a feature-rich car and sorted ergonomics. The big downer for me is its handling and safety aspect.
shashi792 is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks