Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2021, 22:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze facelift launched at Rs. 6.32 lakh

The Amaze retains the ignominy of being the only car to have detuned engine performance to complement a CVT! Weren't the original Brio/Amaze twins equipped with a 140 kmph limit? Is that still 'offered'?
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 23:13   #32
BHPian

Glad that we have bought Tata Tigor XZA without waiting for this. I'm really happy with our purchase Tigor costed us 8.75L on road which is way lesser than Amaze Diesel CVT! Glad we also have 2013 Amaze Diesel VX which is a gem.
Old 20th August 2021, 04:37   #33
BHPian

The car looks good in flesh, the changes are pretty subtle but the car can be differentiated from the existing model. The overall design though takes some getting used to.

Powertrains - Both the engine options are very capable, especially the 1.2 litres I-VTEC. The petrol engine is no more the same one that we get in the City of the past. Its pretty tamed and linear. The 1.5 Litre I-Dtec though has equal grunt and is an evolved one and is much more refined than the previous iterations.

Pricing - Now, on the pricing front I am not surprised to see the 2 lakh premium for diesel over the petrol. And Honda is known to price their cars at a premium. Look at Diesel CVT VX (Rs. 11,15,000 Ex showroom) the onroad price in many states will come up to 13.5 lakhs does it not venture into the City's territory? And to be honest, there are no meaningful competitors in the diesel manual/automatic space currently and Honda is trying to cash on to the oppurtunity. I dont see any other reason for the price gap between (Petrol and Diesel)
Old 20th August 2021, 07:37   #34
BHPian

The pricing of the diesel model seems extremely steep and flawed. The lack of a punchy engine in the petrol avatar is another letdown. It's almost as if someone in Honda wants Amaze to fail.

Frankly, speaking competitors don't have to worry about Honda. They seem hell bent on committing Harakiri

Can anyone share variant wise price difference of pre and post facelifted Amaze ?
Old 20th August 2021, 09:13   #35
BHPian

We own the 2018 Amaze and in my mind, the car is perfect for one specific use - Buy the petrol automatic if you need a beater car for city driving and have low running. The petrol CVT is great for city driving and the suspension is soft enough to give a plush ride at low speeds.
For all other uses - high mileage, highway driving etc., there are far better options today.

Last edited by Quoter : 20th August 2021 at 09:14.
Old 20th August 2021, 09:54   #36

In almost all BS6 cars, price gap between petrol and diesel is in the range of 1.5-2 lacs. Even in the pre facelift model, price gap between petrol and diesel variant was approx 1.8 lacs. Given the negligible price difference between both fuels, it makes sense to buy petrol cars except when your running is high enough to make up for the price gap of the car or you want to enjoy the torque that diesel cars provide.

Mod Note: Our Honda Amaze Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 25th August 2021 at 14:09. Reason: Link to report added
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks