Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2021, 14:16   #376
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBeeR View Post
Just a day ago I booked my Kushaq in Pune as I thought Karnataka will take longer to roll out the BH registration.
I guess I have a choice now to either continue with Pune or cancel it and book a car in B'lore Skoda. Booking it in B'lore makes it easier on the documentation front as I live in Karnataka. Booking it in Pune makes it easier to bring home the car as my current city of residence is nearer to Pune.

Take delivery in Pune and drive it to Banglore for registration, even Odisha RTO twitter handle suggested that -
Attached Images

mytbhp_turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 14:44   #377
Senior - BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Came Across this RE 650 with this new Number plate on a facebook group.
So it seems they are already rolling out.
New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another-img_2640.jpg
akshay4587 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 14:56   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
Take delivery in Pune and drive it to Banglore for registration, even Odisha RTO twitter handle suggested that -
Thank you for the suggestion and the tweet screenshot. I'll give this a shot. A different Skoda dealer in Pune told ne that nowadays we're not allowed to cross state borders on a TR. I'll check if my current dealer says the same and will try to contest him with this info.
Old 2nd December 2021, 16:32   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion and the tweet screenshot. I'll give this a shot. A different Skoda dealer in Pune told ne that nowadays we're not allowed to cross state borders on a TR. I'll check if my current dealer says the same and will try to contest him with this info.
CeeBeeR - though the order has been issued by KA government, the RTO does not seem to have any clue of BH yet. Thats what I heard from 3 different dealers. So it might take 2-3 weeks before this gets traction - safe to assume an January'22 roll-out.
pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 17:02   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
CeeBeeR - though the order has been issued by KA government, the RTO does not seem to have any clue of BH yet. Thats what I heard from 3 different dealers. So it might take 2-3 weeks before this gets traction - safe to assume an January'22 roll-out.
Thank you. That fits in with my plan perfectly. I've asked the dealer to allocate a 2022 manufactured Kushaq anyway and he says he can get it to me by end of January.
Old 3rd December 2021, 15:17   #381

Karnataka Transport department has clarified on twitter to wait a few days as tech changes are needed in backend. Have booked a car recently, hope it rolls out quickly
Attached Thumbnails
New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another-3f96a9078659400fa9ea51a4ffdad83d.jpeg  

cobalt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 09:28   #382
BHPian

@CeeBeeR Even I was told the same by VW dealer that on temporary registration from other state (CRTM) you can only do normal registration in Pune not the BH registration. I found that very strange. Have tweeted MORTHindia and nitin Gadkari on twitter regarding the same
nadbe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 13:03   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Please let me know how it works out, I booked XUV 700 in Pune and will be doing BH registration in MH only and then will drive down to Banglore. I don't foresee any issues of doing BH in MH only, the whole BH series was designed for folks who are in one state and had to go to another.
Old 5th December 2021, 18:53   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadbe View Post
@CeeBeeR Even I was told the same by VW dealer that on temporary registration from other state (CRTM) you can only do normal registration in Pune not the BH registration. I found that very strange. Have tweeted MORTHindia and nitin Gadkari on twitter regarding the same
Is this an issue for TR done in some other state? My dealer told me that I can get a TR done in Karnataka and apply for BH series once it starts. As per him this should not be a problem and BH is expected to start latest by January.

He in fact suggested that I can delay the registration by couple of weeks (post 4 weeks) if there is some more delay in BH registration. Need to pay a penalty of 1% for the registration delay. Anyone has some idea about this?
Old 5th December 2021, 19:11   #385
BHPian

Buying from MH and doing BH registration in MH will work just fine. Once done one can take the vehicle anywhere in India.
Old 5th December 2021, 19:41   #386
BHPian

Spotted the first BH-registered car on a Facebook group. It's an XUV 700.
Attached Thumbnails
New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another-img_20211205_193918.jpg  

IamNikhil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 20:08   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
Please let me know how it works out, I booked XUV 700 in Pune and will be doing BH registration in MH only and then will drive down to Banglore. I don't foresee any issues of doing BH in MH only, the whole BH series was designed for folks who are in one state and had to go to another.
Will definitely post my experience in this thread. I've asked for a 2022 manufactured vehicle, so I maybe getting it in the 2nd week of Jan. The Skoda SA told me that the whole process shouldn't take more than 3 days. My only concern is the Covid situation and if that worsens, the state borders maybe temporarily closed.
Old 5th December 2021, 20:11   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadbe View Post
You can trust the RTO to make things difficult for us at any given stage.
Please let us know if you hear anything back in Twitter (I expect that to be a long wait).
Old 6th December 2021, 12:07   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysomani View Post
Is this an issue for TR done in some other state? My dealer told me that I can get a TR done in Karnataka and apply for BH series once it starts. As per him this should not be a problem and BH is expected to start latest by January.

He in fact suggested that I can delay the registration by couple of weeks (post 4 weeks) if there is some more delay in BH registration. Need to pay a penalty of 1% for the registration delay. Anyone has some idea about this?
Hi guys - need help on the query above. My car has been invoiced and ready for delivery. Have pushed the delivery out by a week. Will taking delivery under TR create any issue in BH registration?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 6th December 2021 at 12:13. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 6th December 2021, 18:44   #390
BHPian

Team,
I visited pune RTO today and got the information that the car bought in other state can be BH registered in Maharashtra. He obviously requested to get CRTM ( temporary registration ) from other state and also to provide working certificate from employer plus additional information from company listing office addresses in 4 states.

I did mention that the format of working certificate does not mention to provide office addresses. He anyhow insisted on providing office addresses on company letter head.one of the dealer agent also confirmed the same that office addresses also needs to be mentioned in the working certificate.

Anyhow the RTO officer did confirmed that the individual can get it BH registered himself by submitting relevant documents ( approaching agents in RTO turned away after hearing my requirement ).After roaming for about 15 min , I was able to find the person in one of the RTO window, who informed that I can bring documents to him and he will do it.
nadbe is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks