Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2022, 13:56   #511
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpak View Post
I get your point but I think it will be a lot easier to buy the car from a dealer in Pune even if you have to do it remotely,

You may have to keep a few things in mind
- Will you able to insure a car with a Temp registration ? If not the insurance will have to wait till your car is registered in Pune
- You will have to drive the car all the way from Bangalore to Pune and back - car will have to go to the RTO for the registration (Car may not be insured during this journey)
You bring up an interesting point about insurance on a TR. I always thought insurance only needs the chassis and engine number for registration. I'll check with my dealer about this.

I'm presently staying in my hometown, Gulbarga, which is around 400 kms away from Pune. My problem with remote booking is that I'll have to make a couple of trips to Pune and back.
1) Travel to the Pune for booking. I can do remote booking as well, but not sure how effective it is for negotiating discounts and wait times.
2) Travel to Pune again for the delivery and stay for a couple of days in some hotel while PDI, delivery and registration is on going.

It'll be a bit of a hassle and by booking in Gulbarga, I have the convenience to drop in at any time to the dealership and get my doubts/questions cleared.
Old 28th January 2022, 14:16   #512
Senior - BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBeeR View Post
I stay in Karnataka and the BH registration rules here don't allow a private employee to register for it.
Pune(MH) allows private employees with form 60 to register for BH. I have genuine need for BH because I expect to change my work location from B'lore to Pune or Hyderabad this year.
I'm buying the car in Karnataka rather than Pune because the showroom is just 10 mins away from my house and the dealer agreed to let me go to a different state for my registration. He probably meant the temporary registration that you mentioned.
Do you have an address in Pune ? If yes, then its OK, else you won't be able to apply for any registration (not just BH).

Also, Temp registration is valid only for 30days. So, in any case, you need to travel to Pune to get BH registration. So, better to travel and buy from Pune only. This process is new and you may not know what hiccups you may face incase of outside state purchased vehicle and may end up having more 'trips' to Pune.
Old 28th January 2022, 14:31   #513
BHPian

I think I saw a BH registered car on the road yesterday. Seems the syntax for these is to have numbers then BH followed by the other numbers, and not the usual state letters first syntax.
Old 28th January 2022, 14:46   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Do you have an address in Pune ? If yes, then its OK, else you won't be able to apply for any registration (not just BH).

Also, Temp registration is valid only for 30days. So, in any case, you need to travel to Pune to get BH registration. So, better to travel and buy from Pune only. This process is new and you may not know what hiccups you may face incase of outside state purchased vehicle and may end up having more 'trips' to Pune.
Yeah, I've an address in Pune with my name in the rent agreement.
You're right. This being a new process and me registering in an unconventional way would probably result in more trips.
I'll explain my situation.
My company has offices in 4 states/UTs. Not just satellite offices. However, when I have raised a request for a BH registration, my HR hasn't replied yet. Been following up for the last couple of weeks and the HR's behaviour is frustrating.
However, I should be prepared for the possibility that the company for some absurd reason may deny providing me a form-60. In this case, if I book a car in Pune now, I'll be stuck with a Pune car and I'll have to travel back to Gulbarga for registration and that creates an almost similar situation as now without the BH advantage.

Another point in favour of booking in Gulbarga is that my car will take 2-3 months for deliveryand if Karnataka RTO ends up giving BH for private employees as well, then that will make my life easier.

Quite a conundrum, isn't it?
Old 29th January 2022, 21:57   #515

Quote:
You bring up an interesting point about insurance on a TR. I always thought insurance only needs the chassis and engine number for registration. I'll check with my dealer about this.
Insurance only needs VIN and engine number - can be done and is covered (I have a duffer friend who crashed his new car day after delivery, in the name of making a show off instagram story - was on temp regn)

Quote:
It'll be a bit of a hassle and by booking in Gulbarga, I have the convenience to drop in at any time to the dealership and get my doubts/questions cleared.
For a lot of companies - you can take delivery in a different location. The sourcing dealer will still get the credit and commission on the sale. I would expect Pune to have multiple dealers for the same brand - so it might make sense to book in Gulbarga, and transfer to Pune closer to delivery (if you're transferring to Gulbarga after booking in Pune, because KA starts BH, the local dealer might be miffed cuz he lost credit - and you don't have many options).

Compare the ex-showroom price at all locations, and get a deal. That gets carried over (I did this with VW - booked elsewhere - transferred it to a dealer who was quoting me around 40k higher just to make a point).
mrehanms is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 02:59   #516

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitsaxena View Post
Yes, it is not only eligible for RTI, but also for consumer court, for taking this to consumer court one need to buy a vehicle and then file a consumer redressal case. I have filed a detailed RTI with questions/cross questions, in total there were 17 questions just to ask the reason why private companies employees are not eligible. I am still waiting for their response, and in the mean time met transport commissioner as well, going to meet him once again this week.
Did you get a reply on the RTI?
Old 30th January 2022, 09:44   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana View Post

People who want to evade taxes will evade taxes, we have all seen vehicles without registration plates. There is no point discussing option of 2 years and possible lifetime of the vehicles.
Totally agree with you here. The Govt cannot make rules it cannot implement.

With all the digitization that is happening(AADHAR & PAN Linking), the BH taxation should be like an insurance payment that pops up on your email/phone a month or 2 in advance. This I am sure can be linked to you FastTAG to not allow you to pay toll if your taxes are not up to date.

These tools should enable the government to implement BH series for the general public who want to use the service. That is the purpose of any government, to help the common man have a more productive life. That seems to be forgotten and the common man is looked upon like a provider of free money in the form of taxes and not expect anything in return.
Mafia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 10:50   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Totally agree with you here. The Govt cannot make rules it cannot implement.

With all the digitization that is happening(AADHAR & PAN Linking), the BH taxation should be like an insurance payment that pops up on your email/phone a month or 2 in advance. This I am sure can be linked to you FastTAG to not allow you to pay toll if your taxes are not up to date.

These tools should enable the government to implement BH series for the general public who want to use the service. That is the purpose of any government, to help the common man have a more productive life. That seems to be forgotten and the common man is looked upon like a provider of free money in the form of taxes and not expect anything in return.
The policy is framed by MoRTH department whereas implementation is left to the individual states. We all know about efficiency and transparency in the state transport department and the willingness to let go of tax moolah! No wonder they are dragging their feet to implement and trying every trick to discourage BH registration by laying down absurd rules and logic

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 30th January 2022 at 10:55.
Old 30th January 2022, 11:11   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrehanms View Post
Insurance only needs VIN and engine number - can be done and is covered (I have a duffer friend who crashed his new car day after delivery, in the name of making a show off instagram story - was on temp regn)

For a lot of companies - you can take delivery in a different location. The sourcing dealer will still get the credit and commission on the sale. I would expect Pune to have multiple dealers for the same brand - so it might make sense to book in Gulbarga, and transfer to Pune closer to delivery (if you're transferring to Gulbarga after booking in Pune, because KA starts BH, the local dealer might be miffed cuz he lost credit - and you don't have many options)
Thank you for confirming about the insurance on temporary registration part. I would have felt sorry for your friend, if you hadn't mentioned the Instagram part

In my case, the showroom in Gulbarga, doesn't have any branches outside Karnataka. So, I'll still have to stick to my decision of buying in Gulbarga and registering in Pune.
Which brings me back to my original question.

Can BH registration be done for out of state vehicles by Pune RTO agents when the dealer is not involved?
Old 30th January 2022, 11:57   #520

Quote:
In my case, the showroom in Gulbarga, doesn't have any branches outside Karnataka. So, I'll still have to stick to my decision of buying in Gulbarga and registering in Pune.
I think you didn't get my point. Let's say you have booked a Tata car, from VKG Motors, Gulbarga. Tilla month before delivery, you could request Tata to transfer the booking to ANY Tata dealer in Pune. The dealer has no role to play in the transfer.

Let's say Tata assigns you a Concorde motors in Pune - VKG will still get the commissions - Concorde will only get the handling fees (paid by the company on a car basis).

So - my point was - if you have a model with a long wait time - and are confused about BH registration - book in Gulbarga.

There are four scenarios - two of which are non-normal viz.,
- Book in Pune, take delivery in Gulbarga - cuz K'taka starts BH -- in which case, the Gulbarga dealer might be miffed - since he/she lost on commissions - and they are the only dealer there, so you need them for future services
- Book in Gulbarga, take in Pune - cuz K'taka doesn't have BH - Pune dealer might also be miffed, but Pune dealers are usually larger corporate, and you have the choice of multiple dealers to go to, for future services.

Your bookings are always with the company - dealers try and convince you otherwise - because you transferring a booking to them is a losing game for them.
mrehanms is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 15:22   #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavanraptor View Post
Did you get a reply on the RTI?
Yes, I did but was a funny response. They attached a letter sent by the transport commissioner to transport ministry citing all illogical and idiotic reasons for not allowing BH to private employees. RTI responses are also misused. I am going to file an appeal, let's see what response they give. Probably again they will cite the same thing.
rohitsaxena is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 22:02   #522
BHPian

I have filed a writ petition in high court of Karnataka against Transport Department twisting and misinterpreting MORTH order and removing Pvt Company Employees from the eligibility. Honourable Court accepted my petition and I am waiting for next hearing after notices to concerning parties. “Let Justice Prevail”
Nomad is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 22:31   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrehanms View Post
There are four scenarios - two of which are non-normal viz.,
- Book in Pune, take delivery in Gulbarga - cuz K'taka starts BH -- in which case, the Gulbarga dealer might be miffed - since he/she lost on commissions - and they are the only dealer there, so you need them for future services
- Book in Gulbarga, take in Pune - cuz K'taka doesn't have BH - Pune dealer might also be miffed, but Pune dealers are usually larger corporate, and you have the choice of multiple dealers to go to, for future services.

Your bookings are always with the company - dealers try and convince you otherwise - because you transferring a booking to them is a losing game for them.
Thank you!
I never knew this and knowing it now will definitely help me in my predicament.
I'll check with the dealer in Gulbarga and note my experiences in a new thread.
If I go with the option of booking in Gulbarga and delivery in Pune, I'll have to search for some good RTO agents in Pune to help me with the BH process.
CeeBeeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 23:18   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
I have filed a writ petition in high court of Karnataka against Transport Department twisting and misinterpreting MORTH order and removing Pvt Company Employees from the eligibility. Honourable Court accepted my petition and I am waiting for next hearing after notices to concerning parties. “Let Justice Prevail”
Thank you! If you don't mind, could you please share the WP number? Just to keep an eye on the proceedings.
Old 1st February 2022, 11:57   #525
BHPian

Hi,

After reading the previous posts on this I understand that the road tax slabs that are applicable on BH Series cars is the same across the country,

For e.g. if the pre GST & Cess price of the car is > 20 lakhs, one would pay a tax slab of 12% for a petrol vehicle, road tax payable every 2 years would be

(Pre GST & Cess price) X 1.25 X 2 X 12%
--------------------------------------------

As against this we have some states where the road tax is higher and some where the road tax is significantly lower,

In Chandigarh one has to pay a life time road tax of 8% for cars in the > 20 lakh price bracket.

So, if I decide to take a car with a BH series registration I would end up paying a road tax which would would be almost double over the life of the car if I ignore the advantage of making the road tax payments in a staggered manner.

Grateful if fellow BHP'ians could confirm if my understanding on this is correct,

Cheers,
Sid

Last edited by sidpak : 1st February 2022 at 11:57. Reason: removed emoticons

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks