Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2022, 17:51   #481

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Anyone got BH number in Uttar Pradesh for a vehicle purchased from other state with temporary registration?
Old 10th January 2022, 17:56   #482

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana View Post
Please feed my curiosity
Yes, it is not only eligible for RTI, but also for consumer court, for taking this to consumer court one need to buy a vehicle and then file a consumer redressal case. I have filed a detailed RTI with questions/cross questions, in total there were 17 questions just to ask the reason why private companies employees are not eligible. I am still waiting for their response, and in the mean time met transport commissioner as well, going to meet him once again this week.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th January 2022 at 18:41. Reason: Quote trimmed.
rohitsaxena is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 10:05   #483
Senior - BHPian

As I understand there are certain restrictions about eligibility for BH registration. I want to get clarity about a few things.
1. If a pvt company employee gets BH vehicle and he changes employment later, will there be any implications?
Say, if new employer doesn't meet guidelines of offices in multiple states, does it create any issue (in vehicle usage or payment of road tax since it has to be paid every few yrs).

2.Are there any guidelines or insights about what would happen at the time of resale of BH vehicle? Can the vehicle be sold to anyone and in any state? What would the procedure be like?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 13th January 2022 at 10:21.
Old 13th January 2022, 12:11   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
As I understand there are certain restrictions about eligibility for BH registration. I want to get clarity about a few things.
1. -> Consider this like health insurance that requires initial health check. The issue people are dealing with is that even though they meet the criteria, their applications are not being accepted. Following issues have been seen so far on the social media, the list may not include all scenarios, but some are
  • States have not started following new scheme
  • State have selected only one part of the eligible population for the scheme.
  • States are not calculating tax correctly

2. -> As this started on 15 Sept in Odisha, I guess, we have some time before the first person who applied for BH series registration starts to "worry" about changing the vehicle bought for personal use (unless there are some serious quality issues). I'm not saying that it is any less of an issue, just that I would worry about carrier choices of my yet to be born children after they are born [PS: don't start thinking about me or my family and, please don't come with an omni ].
Old 13th January 2022, 12:55   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana View Post
I guess, we have some time before the first person who applied for BH series registration starts to "worry" about changing the vehicle bought for personal use (unless there are some serious quality issues)
I hope not, however if there are indeed restrictions at the time of sale, I don't want to be stuck with BH series vehicle, even if this scenario may occur few years down the line. Going by how authorities are trying to create barriers rather than trying to simplify common man's life, I don't feel confident enough to take the plunge just yet, at least not without knowing full repercussions of BH series.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 13th January 2022 at 13:03.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 17:40   #486

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk117 View Post
After two weeks of discussion & follow-ups with dealer & occasionally with RTO, i was able to get BH series registration from Noida RTO. Although government notification states the requirement of Form-60 alone, different states are asking different documentations it seems. Like Sauravm, i was also asked to produce the GST Certificate, which no company would just share with its employees. But in the end, i had to give ID card, salary slip, Form-60 on company letter head along with the address of four offices. GST number was not there in the letterhead but it is possible to get it online if needed.
I need your help, you said that you got your vehicle registered in Noida RTO under BH series, but my friend inquired there and they are denying that it is not being issued to private employees. Could you share some info so that he can cite your case and try to push for his BH? Your vehicle registration number should help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I hope not, however if there are indeed restrictions at the time of sale, I don't want to be stuck with BH series vehicle, even if this scenario may occur few years down the line. Going by how authorities are trying to create barriers rather than trying to simplify common man's life, I don't feel confident enough to take the plunge just yet, at least not without knowing full repercussions of BH series.
I think instead of worrying over BH numbered vehicle's resale, instead we should expect that these vehicles will fetch premium during resale. I have already thought of and drafting an RTI for MoRTH to issue clear guidelines for resale of such vehicles. Considering all drama around this series, I want to take all proactive measures.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th January 2022 at 18:41. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts.
Old 13th January 2022, 18:48   #487
BHPian

Private employees are not considered as the Vote bank, hence this ignorance by the Govt of KA.
RaviKBobba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 15:13   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk117 View Post
After two weeks of discussion & follow-ups with dealer & occasionally with RTO, i was able to get BH series registration from Noida RTO.
Thanks for the update nighthawk117. Could you please share as to how did they calculate the BH registration amount? Did they calculate on the ex-showroom price (which includes GST as well), or did they exclude the GST?
Old 16th January 2022, 11:28   #489

As per the Gazette notification, registration and road tax is to be without GST. Is the same being implemented? That remains to be seen.
UPC7955 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 12:10   #490
BHPian

I am Sorry, i may be an idiot, but i just cant seem to get my head around the calculations here. Can somebody help ?
I have booked a Safari XZA with an ex showroom price of Rs. 2110900/- in Ahmedabad, and i want to get a BH number plate on the thing.
What shall be the Tax payable ?
Old 16th January 2022, 12:31   #491
Team-BHP Support

Doesn't gatekeeping eligibility criteria beat the purpose of the thing to begin with?

Make it an option available to everyone, and let them choose between 'cheaper' 15-year state-specific registration with complicated inter-state transfers, or expensive BH registration transferable nationwide with minimal paperwork.

This whole 'eligibility' circus is a perfect example of a good idea on paper becoming a nightmare in reality.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th January 2022 at 12:33.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 12:50   #492
BHPian

Hey,

Does anyone have any insight into the BH availability in Haryana? I plan to buy a car this year but waiting on this plate being allowed here in Gurgaon.
LordSpymaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 15:15   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Doesn't gatekeeping eligibility criteria beat the purpose of the thing to begin with?
Completely agree. Rather than give the option to all road tax payers of choosing between a) a 2 yr recurring tax with flexibility of movement or b) one time upfront tax with some concession, the govt instead thinks up a complicated scheme with many loose ends which are open to interpretation.

We know how it ends when its open to interpretation, and discriminatory based on a public officer's whims.
dust-n-bones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 15:23   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

The problem in our country with providing the option of 2 year road tax is many people will not renew the road tax when due and continue plying the vehicles. See how many vehicles on our roads ply with expired insurance and one can get an idea.
sagarpadaki is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 11:09   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
I am Sorry, i may be an idiot, but i just cant seem to get my head around the calculations here. Can somebody help ?
I have booked a Safari XZA with an ex showroom price of Rs. 2110900/- in Ahmedabad, and i want to get a BH number plate on the thing.
What shall be the Tax payable ?
You can call your SA to give breakdown of the ex showroom price. Then you can use the table in the official notification (also available all across the interwebs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
Completely agree. Rather than give the option to all road tax payers of choosing between a) a 2 yr recurring tax with flexibility of movement or b) one time upfront tax with some concession, the govt instead thinks up a complicated scheme with many loose ends which are open to interpretation.

We know how it ends when its open to interpretation, and discriminatory based on a public officer's whims.
Completely agree with the discrimination part, "How can everyone enjoy being benefited?" if we (Govt, admins and everyone else on the controlling side) are stuck with this question, there is no point talking about settling on moon or mars or anything that is feasible as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The problem in our country with providing the option of 2 year road tax is many people will not renew the road tax when due and continue plying the vehicles. See how many vehicles on our roads ply with expired insurance and one can get an idea.
People who want to evade taxes will evade taxes, we have all seen vehicles without registration plates. There is no point discussing option of 2 years and possible lifetime of the vehicles.

We have also seen cases where insurance companies put vehicles in "very bad shape" again on sale to minimize their own damages. What is the point of getting insurance for such vehicles in first place? Cancellation of registration and refund of road tax for total loss is something I haven't seen being discussed outside this forum (I accept that I have limited knowledge).

If there is a way to make life easy of one section which is earning/spending on the record, someone should definitely have issues with their possible trouble-free life. This doesn't sound good to me.
banana is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks