Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2023, 13:14   #946
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
An update here, got my BH no. allocated and assigned in 2 days from submission of documents and paying the Road tax.

The tax was calculated on the Dealer Invoice Price (Minus the GST). A simple way to calculate your tax is to multiply the Ex-showroom price by 1.5% and this would give you an approx. Road Tax amount which would be very close to the actual amount.

Dealers are normally collecting 2-2.5% of Ex-showroom price, but you should negotiate to 1.5% of Ex-showroom, In majority of the cases, the actual Road tax would be slightly lesser than 1.5% of the Ex-showroom and Dealer should refund the additional excess paid here.

This shouldn't be the rule of thumb because some vehicles carry higher cess. for petrol cars less than 4m and less than 1200cc engine, cess is 1% while petrol cal with 1200+ cc engine carries a cess of 17%

I recently purchased brezza and got BH number, ex-showroom price was approx 1,115,000 and MV tax for the first two years was 10,249, there were additional charges of approx 5,000 for MCD(delhi) and RC printing charges but that is a one-time thing.

Calculation logic: (Ex-showroom - GST - Cess) * 8% * 2/15 * 1.25

Road tax is 8% in my case as the invoice price is less than 10L
2/15 - road tax is charged for 2 years at a time.
1.25 - BH number multiplier

Reference: screenshot of the circular
New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another-screenshot-20230724-1.12.05-pm.png
Old 24th July 2023, 14:43   #947
BHPian

Re: New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstraind View Post
This shouldn't be the rule of thumb because some vehicles carry higher cess. for petrol cars less than 4m and less than 1200cc engine, cess is 1% while petrol cal with 1200+ cc engine carries a cess of 17%

Attachment 2480269
Believe you are misunderstanding me. Let me reclarify,

Generally, we deposit the tax to the dealer who would deposit to RTO on our behalf and they generally collect more than what is deposited to the RTO.

In BH series case, not every dealer is aware about this GST removal while calculating the Road tax since normal State Road tax calculation is with GST and hence, they would collect at the rate of 2.5% of Ex-showroom price and after the SMS for the Road Tax comes, they refund the amount.

What I am suggestion is to negotiate with the dealer to deposit the initial BH road tax with calculation at 1.5% of Ex-showroom rather than 2.5% of Ex-showroom.

The calculation provided by you is correct and the same is applicable, I just shared a rough calculation mechanism for everyone's ease to simplify while calculating the approx. Road Tax.

BTW, even for your case, if you remove the GST and Cess, your BH series road tax would also come around approx. 1.5%,

And Yes, on top of the Road Tax, generally we pay approx 4K as additional expenses (can vary state to state), breakup as follows,

600 for HSRP,
1500 for HP
2000 - 2100 as Brokerage (Agent) Charges

Hope this helps.

Last edited by shantanumishra : 24th July 2023 at 14:44.
Old 24th July 2023, 15:35   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Generally, we deposit the tax to the dealer who would deposit to RTO on our behalf and they generally collect more than what is deposited to the RTO.

In BH series case, not every dealer is aware about this GST removal while calculating the Road tax since normal State Road tax calculation is with GST and hence, they would collect at the rate of 2.5% of Ex-showroom price and after the SMS for the Road Tax comes, they refund the amount.
Thanks @shantanumishra for clarifying.
I paid 12L to the dealer for the car and 15K(including one-time 4,000 municipality charges) for BH registration.
Old 24th July 2023, 16:09   #949
BHPian

Any news of BH registrations in Chennai? Wanted a BH registration since I spend a lot of time in Bangalore, but the dealer (KIA) said that BH reg is not yet started in Chennai
Old 5th August 2023, 00:45   #950

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoes View Post
Any news of BH registrations in Chennai? Wanted a BH registration since I spend a lot of time in Bangalore, but the dealer (KIA) said that BH reg is not yet started in Chennai
BH Registration not yet started in Tamil Nadu. I have checked with two RTOs and dealers. You can get BH registration in Pondicherry if you're eligible.

If you're taking vehicle delivery in Tamil Nadu get it temporary registered in Pondicherry RTO and get the BH Number.

I'm working in private organisation and I'm eligible for BH number but I came to know this process after my vehicle temporary registered in my hometown RTO TN88, nothing can be done after that

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th August 2023 at 23:39. Reason: typos
Old 6th August 2023, 22:44   #951

SILVER LINING for us folks in Bengaluru, though I am not sure of next steps.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le67158641.ece
Old 8th August 2023, 13:34   #952

Looking for an answer to the same question. The GR is clear that if the owner of the car fails to meet the BH criteria at the time of renewal (every 2 years), then the BH registration will need to be converted into a State registration.

I am trying to understand the process for BH renewal to see if there is a possibility to hold on to BH even If one may not be eligible for BH 2 years down the line Primary concern being a private company employee is that my present organisation has presence in more than 4 states, however I am not sure what the situation will be every 2 years at the time of BH renewal and don't want to go through the hassle of conversion every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-R View Post
Looking for some help - how does the owner of BH car prove eligibility every time tax has to be paid (i.e. every 2 years) - is it by getting a new Form 60 from their employer, or are any other documents needed?

Has anyone owned a BH car for more than 2 years yet?
Old 13th August 2023, 19:26   #953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAP View Post
Looking for an answer to the same question. The GR is clear that if the owner of the car fails to meet the BH criteria at the time of renewal (every 2 years), then the BH registration will need to be converted into a State registration.

I am trying to understand the process for BH renewal to see if there is a possibility to hold on to BH even If one may not be eligible for BH 2 years down the line Primary concern being a private company employee is that my present organisation has presence in more than 4 states, however I am not sure what the situation will be every 2 years at the time of BH renewal and don't want to go through the hassle of conversion every now and then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-R View Post
Looking for some help - how does the owner of BH car prove eligibility every time tax has to be paid (i.e. every 2 years) - is it by getting a new Form 60 from their employer, or are any other documents needed?

Has anyone owned a BH car for more than 2 years yet?
BH registration started around Aug-Sep 2021 so we are yet to witness posts regarding renewal process.
Probably need to wait for couple of months before first hand experience starts trickling in this forum.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 13th August 2023 at 19:27.
Old 13th August 2023, 20:36   #954
Senior - BHPian

An official in one of the RTO offices in MH showed me a document about BH registration which mentions that you can pay the tax for 2 years "or in multiples of two". He even suggested me to pay it for 4 or 6 years so that I can avoid hassles of paying those installments, at least for that period.

Has anyone done this, I mean paid road tax for more than 2 years? By extension, they should allow us to pay for the entire 15 years period as well (lifetime) in that case.

Seems like that could be potentially a way to get around repeated re-qualification process! You will have to pay the tax upfront though, and therby lose the benefit of paying it over a long term.
Old 13th August 2023, 21:10   #955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
An official in one of the RTO offices in MH showed me a document about BH registration which mentions that you can pay the tax for 2 years "or in multiples of two". He even suggested me to pay it for 4 or 6 years so that I can avoid hassles of paying those installments, at least for that period.

Has anyone done this, I mean paid road tax for more than 2 years? By extension, they should allow us to pay for the entire 15 years period as well (lifetime) in that case.

Seems like that could be potentially a way to get around repeated re-qualification process! You will have to pay the tax upfront though, and therby lose the benefit of paying it over a long term.
I think the idea of breaking down taxes in 2 years tranches is mooted so that the concerned RTO (and state) gets the tax if the car owner is transfered to that state. This way wherever the car is, that particular RTO gets the taxes.
Other thing is that there is some guideline floating around which says that owner of BH is supposed to prove eligibility every time tax has to be paid.

Going by above points, not sure if govt (central or state) has any incentive to allow lifetime payment for BH series.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 13th August 2023 at 21:29.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 22:03   #956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Other thing is that there is some guideline floating around which says that owner of BH is supposed to prove eligibility every time tax has to be paid.
Yes, my comment was in that context itself.
Old 13th August 2023, 22:17   #957
BHPian

Few more months and all the 21BH series vehicles would be up for registration renewal. All the pros and cons would be clear then once the owners face the music at the RTOs and ARTOs.
Till then, simple principle : "no news is good news" and BH registration is best.

Last edited by aviator1101 : 13th August 2023 at 22:27. Reason: Corrected content
Old 15th August 2023, 12:26   #958
Senior - BHPian

Recently have been enquiring about the BH registration tax applicable for a SUV, getting different tax rates in the quotes from the dealers. Many are quoting the tax calculated on the ex show room price. Only a couple of dealers are calculating on the invoice price i.e ex showroom minus the GST.

During my BH registration, I had to pay on the exshowroom price. I thought things would have changed in 1.5 yrs and dealers would have the requisite knowledge on BH registrations. Does not seem the case. Confusion still prevails even after 3 yrs of BH roll out.
Old 15th August 2023, 12:28   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
Few more months and all the 21BH series vehicles would be up for registration renewal. All the pros and cons would be clear then once the owners face the music at the RTOs and ARTOs.
Till then, simple principle : "no news is good news" and BH registration is best.
Tax renewal and payment link has already come up on the Parivahan portal. I have successfully paid for the next 2 years for my 22BH Nexon without any issues. Tax on my vehicle is now valid till 2026.

Following are the steps for making the payment:

1. Visit the Parivahan website https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan//...lated-services

2. Select your State from the drop down. This should be the state where your BH series number was originally sourced from.

3. Enter your registration number. A popup will come mentioning about aadhar number based verification. Just click on <Proceed> button.

4. Under Online Services, click on Pay Your Tax.

5. Enter the vehicle chassis number (last 5 digits)

6. In the Tax Details section, select Tax Mode as LumpSum Two Year. Your vehicle details will populate.

7. Proceed to make the payment. After the payment is done, the updated tax due date will be displayed. Also, when you come back to the Tax Details page again, the next window (for me 2026-2028) will be displayed for payment.

The process is quite seamless to be honest.

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th August 2023 at 19:28. Reason: Minor typos.
dZired is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 12:54   #960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Tax renewal and payment link has already come up on the Parivahan portal. I have successfully paid for the next 2-years for my 22BH Nexon without any issues. Tax on my vehicle is now valid till 2026.
Thanks for sharing

Query - Your tax wasn't due until 2024 but the system allowed you to pay in advance ? Also, did it display the amount to be paid or you had to enter it manually? Was it same as what you paid the first time?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 15th August 2023 at 12:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks