Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2021, 13:44   #31

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Bi-Turbo being tested; launch soon!

A great news from Ford. Ford is trying to rise in India providing us with quality cars and great Engines. With the 10 speed gearbox mated to a twin turbo I am sure it will gain a lot of fan following. I have been always a fan of mighty Endy and was happy enough with 2.0 and 10 speed gearbox. Drove it for few months and It was a very lovable car from drivers perspective. With twin turbo I hope it would be the best in the segment and may be a segment up.

Few months back I rejected a Endeavor 2.0 AT 4x4 in pre owned market hoping twin turbo will be any time launched in India. A couple of years down the line I would surely hunt for a preowned twin turbo one.

Great effort from Ford !
Jaguarpaw is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 14:25   #32
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes, Ford is going to introduce this from next month's production, deliveries should begin by October as per info from known.
I've enquired with at least 3 dealers in Hyderabad about this one and it seems no one has a clue about this launch. Are you sure about this information? That'd help my purchase decision. Thank You
Old 2nd September 2021, 14:28   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
I've enquired with at least 3 dealers in Hyderabad about this one and it seems no one has a clue about this launch. Are you sure about this information? That'd help my purchase decision. Thank You
Even if only one of the current units are left, dealers will not even admit an impending launch. It's just not in their interest.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 15:01   #34
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
While I'm unsure how many cars the other member has.....
Convers a lot of my mindset

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
If someone has decided on Body on Frame(for whatever requirement is)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I need a 7 seater 4x4 body on frame SUV. What options do I have? While cost of owning and running is one, it's not the only factor to decide on diesel/Petrol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
There is no reason to select the fuel before shortlisting the cars.

Going for the Endeavour is not a case of picking the car for its diesel engine but for the better engine as well as the better overall package. Hence the running per month is irrelevant.
I think the gist of my option is understood by these points here better than what I was trying to say.

Coming back to the question, considering my lack of technical knowledge, and the nature of this thread's topic (and hoping atleast existing users of Endeavour will have an actual idea around DPF in a Ford) -

Assuming that the bi-turbo engine will be stressed less in a car this size, will this make a good choice for low running (running of 400-500 kms a month with atleast 30% of it within city crawling speeds) or is it a strict no-no considering BS6 DPF issues?

Last edited by One : 2nd September 2021 at 15:09.
Old 2nd September 2021, 15:06   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Assuming that the bi-turbo engine will be stressed less in a car this size, will this make a good choice for low running or is it a strict no-no considering BS6 DPF issues?
According to me the more power and torque you extract from a small capacity motor, the more stress it will be under! But surely the 500Nm will help it move faster.

As long as you drive above the particular RPM and speed for the DPF to get cleared regularly, I expect no issue with it. Not just the twin turbo but even in the single turbo 2L Endeavour I am yet to come across someone saying that his DPF is clogged. While driving regeneration keeps taking place, as long it keeps taking place, chances of the DPF clogging are minimal.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 2nd September 2021 at 15:08.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 15:32   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Had a technical query for existing owners here- with running of 400-500 kms a month (and atleast 30% of it within city), does it make sense to pick the about to be released (possibly) bi-turbo vehicle? Or is BS6 diesel a strict no no with such a running pattern irrespective of a more relaxed bi-turbo or not?
Well not sure if you have considered Jeep Compass as an option.
Solid build, comfort and elegant road presence albeit relatively high on maintenance and parts.
Has petrol ice with smooth and robust driving experience.
Old 2nd September 2021, 16:15   #37
BHPian

I enquired with few of my known circle & they are pretty sure, Bi-Turbo is not going to make it in the Endeavour produced in India.

While on paper this looks very interesting proportion, Ford India management should be happy with the current sales figures. Getting the Bi turbo will result in marginal increase of sales, as current chauffer driven & a normal business men (who drives mostly in city/highway) are pretty happy with the decent performance & better fuel economy.

Only petrol heads are looking for the bi-turbo & by history, Ford knows the result with Fiesta S, Figo -S etc. & they will not be willing to hurt their fingers again.
Old 2nd September 2021, 17:17   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
While I'm unsure how many cars the other member has, I personally wouldn't have EV for foreseeable future and my usage is ~500km per month.
The reason being, we do take up road trips twice a year spanning 1500+ kms and I hate renting vehicles with driver in them (many reasons for that) and there are no self driven options where we live. If given a chance I will self drive every single time. An EV is just too cumbersome (maybe impossible) to do that kind of trip spanning multiple days.

Current EVs could probably work out in the city but nowhere else. Heck the range anxiety would stop me from taking it to our farm which is just 180km round trip.

With current EV tech, I will pick an ICE car 10 out of 10 times even if I'm just clocking 500 odd kilometers. As for diesel v/s petrol, that is an even bigger debate.
Just my 2 cents.
From a financial standpoint, doesn't it make sense to rent for those two trips a year? You also have the option to rent a different or better car each year depending on where you are headed.

Also, EVs are coming of age so 15-20kms a day (assuming he is running it every day and not one trip a month) is entirely possible for a full without range anxiety coming even barely close to being an issue.

Your use case is probably very different from OP.

PS : I drive a diesel SUV too and won't buy an EV just yet. I drive a diesel SUV because I already own one and hesitate to buy into maturing tech when I don't have a desperate need. Also, the uncertainty of when or how much I will drive stops me from spending 20 big ones to suffer anxiety probably worse than yours.
shankarbn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 17:21   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Ford is going to introduce this from next month's production, deliveries should begin by October as per info from known.
While this is good news, why can't Ford change that decades old, hideous looking rear!
Old 2nd September 2021, 19:56   #40
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatros_Ankit View Post
Well not sure if you have considered Jeep Compass as an option.
Solid build, comfort and elegant road presence albeit relatively high on maintenance and parts.
Has petrol ice with smooth and robust driving experience.
Looking for 7 seater

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankarbn View Post
... and hesitate to buy into maturing tech ....from spending 20 big ones to suffer anxiety probably worse than yours.
This is exactly what prompted my questions- we have a DPF which has been around abroad but Ford India has issues in their smaller cars, then this biturbo and 10 gears. Am not sure if this is matured tech or still maturing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
According to me the more power and torque you extract from a small capacity motor, the more stress it will be under! But surely the 500Nm will help it move faster.
With my basic knowledge, I think it would work in the reverse- with twin turbos, it is easier to get them moving at lower revs or City speeds. This means they move into their power band earlier than one big turbo. So at lower speeds, there should be less stress in the bi turbo engine increasing its life.

So the next question is is the temperature high enough to take care of DPF ? Because if not, then there are two small turbos that can go bad (earlier??) instead of one big one in low revs- oil not reaching proper temperature in low revs and then during shutting down the car, oil not cooling early enough in twins to not leave deposits.

This was what prompted my original question (and I might be totally off in my understanding here).

Last edited by One : 2nd September 2021 at 20:06.
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:13   #41
Team-BHP Support

I rechecked with my contacts, there’s some big decisions expected in September and he is pretty sure that there will be no production of Endeavour for few weeks. As with any other product launch, companies usually keep things to themselves as long as possible for different reasons.

My idea of sharing the information was only to help fellow members and not cause confusion, which appears to be the case for some of the members. If someone is getting current variant please go-ahead and get one.

In any case, I won’t be surprised if FORD increases the prices of Bi-Turbo by couple of lacs which was the initial reason of not launching at first place.

If this launch doesn’t happen, and FORD still increased the prices, it can turnout to be a wrong decision.
Turbanator is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:20   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

The Endy has awesome road presence, also aided by the lower numbers on the road. Fortuner has become quite common. Hoping that the bi-turbo will help overcome shortcomings of the smaller engine size that is there now, than before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
I think I will wait for the V6 Diesel. .
V6 ? With Gadkari at the helm of transportation ministry and the direction he is marching ? No chance, at least with the Endy.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:44   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Both Fortuner’s 2.8L and Endeavour’s 2L Bi-Turbo is very similar in terms of performance!

CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

The news of the bi-turbo has been confirmed here:

https://www.cartoq.com/ford-endeavou...nch-confirmed/
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:59   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I rechecked with my contacts, there’s some big decisions expected in September and he is pretty sure that there will be no production of Endeavour for few weeks. As with any other product launch, companies usually keep things to themselves as long as possible for different reasons.

My idea of sharing the information was only to help fellow members and not cause confusion, which appears to be the case for some of the members. If someone is getting current variant please go-ahead and get one.

In any case, I won’t be surprised if FORD increases the prices of Bi-Turbo by couple of lacs which was the initial reason of not launching at first place.

If this launch doesn’t happen, and FORD still increased the prices, it can turnout to be a wrong decision.
Ford needs to rely on these updates to keep their brand in boil as there is no all new model planned soon.
Given next gen Endeavour won't make to India until 2023/24 they need something to keep abuzz. While current single turbo is selling well, I am guessing it may fizzle out soon. Except sunroof, there is no feature advantage and engine needs immediate attention. Cheaper price tag though has been helping. Premium of couple of lakhs is okay, as folks like to brag about buying top spec in this segment.

That said, updated Ecosport is expected for festive launch, will be interesting to see if Ford launches spruced up Endeavour in same time frame. Manufacturer generally gives 2-3 months gap between a launch for dealers to cope.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks