Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2008, 11:29   #151
BHPian

Folks, apologies for reviving an old thread.

I have decided to go in for a new vehicle and an unable to decide between the SX4 ZXI and the NHC New Vtec.

From a feature perspective and cost perspective which one do you feel is a better choice ? Also which time of the year is a better month to go in for a new vehicle considering festival discounts that the car manufacturers throw in ? And what do you feel about the SX4 and the NHC from a resale perspective ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 18th May 2008, 13:10   #152
Team-BHP Support

The new version of Honda City will be out in September. Will be very prudent to wait and see what it offers.

My advice: WAIT
Old 19th May 2008, 13:06   #153
BHPian

Dude, Honda is a proven product on Indian roads. SX4, hardly seen on roads!

You pay 1 lac more for a NHC over SX4 (which many people over here protest for), but inturn you get a whole lot of Peace of mind, pride, self esteem, comfort and a feel; that you are a HONDA owner.

With SX4, keep in mind that you will allways be associated with MARUTI (Not a global brand either).

YOU JUST CANT GO WRONG WITH A HONDA !
Old 19th May 2008, 15:14   #154
Senior - BHPian

Sary,

While the NHC is a good car, the SX4 is also selling in good numbers. Honda offers you peace of mind but the absence of safety features like ABS and Airbags, may turn out to be a matter of life and death, if god forbid you are involved in an accident.

We havean instance here on the Teambhp itself where one of the forum members had an accident during the test drive but the Seat bags came to his rescue and he walked from the crash with minor bruises.

What I detest about Honda is that they compromise on safety of their customers by no offering ( charging very high prices) for these very safey features in India while the same are offered as standard in other SE Asian markets. You want to charge extra for theVTEC power plant, Alloys and leather upholstery and ICE, Please do so but altleast provide safety features like ABS and Airbags as reasonably priced option for somebody who values his and his family's safety.
Old 19th May 2008, 15:35   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
SX4, hardly seen on roads!
Dude come to delhi and you will see loads of SX4 on roads.

Quote:
With SX4, keep in mind that you will allways be associated with MARUTI (Not a global brand either).
How does associating with global brand helps? You need service in India and not in any other country. I could have supported your statement if it would have been for any electronic item like cam or laptop or similar.

And all know about the service network of Maruti

Quote:
You pay 1 lac more for a NHC over SX4
If you compare SX4 ZXi with a smilar model of NHC, it will more than 1 Lac
Old 19th May 2008, 16:42   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You pay 1 lac more for a NHC over SX4 (which many people over here protest for), but inturn you get a whole lot of Peace of mind, pride, self esteem, comfort and a feel; that you are a HONDA owner.
.. If your self esteem is dependent on the car you drive, then only god can help you!!
Old 19th May 2008, 16:42   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
How does associating with global brand helps? You need service in India and not in any other country. I could have supported your statement if it would have been for any electronic item like cam or laptop or similar.

Even I have been going Nuts after reading what that guy wrote about being a "HONDA" Owner.

Well I wouldnt go for either of the cars. Honda for their overpriced products and SX4 for its quality issues. What do you think about Fabia?
Old 19th May 2008, 16:52   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude, Honda is a proven product on Indian roads.

You pay 1 lac more for a NHC over SX4 (which many people over here protest for), but inturn you get a whole lot of Peace of mind, [b/pride, self esteem[/b], comfort and a feel; that you are a HONDA owner.

Now you know why Honda price their products the way they do and get away with it! This also answers the question why Honda salespeople behave as if they are doing a favour on you by looking towards you in their showrooms!

Quote:
SX4, hardly seen on roads!
When was your last eye examination?
Old 19th May 2008, 17:03   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Dude come to delhi and you will see loads of SX4 on roads.
I was referring to all other states except delhi

Quote:
How does associating with global brand helps?
Guess you havent driven a Global Brand till date, experiance it buddy.

Quote:
You need service in India and not in any other country. And all know about the service network of Maruti
Typical maruti owner mentality, always concerned about A$$
... Thats what i meant by Complete Peace of mind with Honda!

Quote:
If you compare SX4 ZXi with a smilar model of NHC, it will more than 1 Lac
"it will more than 1 Lac" , cant get my english right !

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
.. If your self esteem is dependent on the car you drive, then only god can help you!!
Grow up buddy, i wonder why CEO's of MNC's and other Big shots drive in a Merc or BMW... as per your statement they can better off commute with an Bajaj Rick. What says?

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
:
Well I wouldnt go for either of the cars. Honda for their overpriced products and SX4 for its quality issues. What do you think about Fabia?
A Fabia, a two boxy for a WOOPING 6Lac ! Is it really worth?

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th May 2008 at 20:11. Reason: Please use edit & Multiquote option
Old 19th May 2008, 17:13   #160
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, think you are a Honda owner whenever your car scrapes over every other speedbreaker, and let not the dismay subside the pride of being a Honda owner!

Let that pride not diminish even though you paid nearly 2 lacs over the SX4 for features like ABS and airbags.
Old 19th May 2008, 18:13   #161
BHPian

Quote:

I see loads of SX4 now a days on the road, wonder which part of the country you live in?

Whats wrong with being associated with Maruti ? As long as one is happy with the choice... why not Maruti ?

I think one has to evaluate the car by the features offered and the service network and the cost... and on all these counts SX4 scores above Honda.

If you are talking about the Snob value associated with Honda, it's a different matter altogether, there are some people who fall for it and let them do what they want with their money...

I think it's the first and foremost reason why Honda Sales respond with --- Sir, we are Honda...when asked to compare NHC with SX4 and can't quote one thing in which NHC is better than SX4...

And they are non-attentive when a customer walks in. So, does it mean Honda Sells by itself and will continue to sell just because people associate them with Quality ? Quality ? Look at Civic ..after all these years, it still kisses each and every speed breaker in the city and Honda have never bothered to rectify the issue.

Now...

Look at Maruti, who have acknowledged an issue with the clutch in SX4 and replaced pro-actively on the complete batch ..without even waiting for the problem to be reported by customers.

NHC has been around since ages and without any competition, so thats why it sells and is seen more on the road, I say - it's like M800, do you see lots of M800s on the roads?

Yes, I see loads and loads of them ..does it make them the best ? yes, in terms of VFM, it does but not in terms of technology or features or comfort or lots of other things but M800 sells... so according to you M800 should be judged as the best Car and everyone should buy it?

Maybe in the next NHC Launch, Honda customers would get to feel the SX4 effect when Honda offers all the goodies and at a reasonable cost too...till then wait and watch
Old 19th May 2008, 18:34   #162
BANNED

Then why do people buy expensive cars? It makes people feel good. Not sure of SX4, but NHC does that.
Quote:
Its other way round - Maruti is doing us a favor by selling their cars, look at the waiting period & the arrogance of Maruti salespeople?
Honda sales is ever polite & helpful. If you want proof, just walk into any Honda showroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
This also answers the question why Honda salespeople behave as if they are doing a favour on you by looking towards you in their showrooms!
I know why see SX4 daily, because you own one
Quote:
Now M800 vs NHC? M800 is here since 1983 (Silver Jubilee !!!). Maruti still pushing 25 years old car down the throat of Indians. In contrast, NHC is just 4 years old and Honda has is releasing next generation NHC? That speaks how these companies treat India. SX4 is on its way to complete Golden Jubilee !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
NHC has been around since ages and without any competition, so thats why it sells and is seen more on the road, I say - it's like M800, do you see lots of M800s on the roads?

Yes, I see loads and loads of them ..does it make them the best ? yes, in terms of VFM, it does but not in terms of technology or features or comfort or lots of other things but M800 sells... so according to you M800 should be judged as the best Car and everyone should buy it?
. NHC is been around since 2003. Does anybody remember any issue? Its almost a perfect product.
Quote:

Old 19th May 2008, 18:39   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Cant really remember that !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Sary,

While the NHC is a good car, the SX4 is also selling in good numbers. Honda offers you peace of mind but the absence of safety features like ABS and Airbags, may turn out to be a matter of life and death, if god forbid you are involved in an accident.

We havean instance here on the Teambhp itself where one of the forum members had an accident during the test drive but the Seat bags came to his rescue and he walked from the crash with minor bruises.

What I detest about Honda is that they compromise on safety of their customers by no offering ( charging very high prices) for these very safey features in India while the same are offered as standard in other SE Asian markets. You want to charge extra for theVTEC power plant, Alloys and leather upholstery and ICE, Please do so but altleast provide safety features like ABS and Airbags as reasonably priced option for somebody who values his and his family's safety.

Here you go man !

Honda City: Safety: SRS Airbags/ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Sary,

Dude, jus follow the link....

Honda City: Safety: SRS Airbags/ABS

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th May 2008 at 20:12.
Old 19th May 2008, 19:07   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Then why do people buy expensive cars? It makes people feel good. Not sure of SX4, but NHC does that.
Ok, So you need help too with ur self esteem? . Please look up the dictionary on what self esteem means. No wonder all the 3 reasons for buying a car like NHC are the wrong ones - Namely snob value, snob value and snob value.
Old 19th May 2008, 19:14   #165
BANNED

FYI (from dictionary): Self esteem - A feeling of pride in oneself

No wonder, owning NHC feels so good

Quote:
Please look up the dictionary on what self esteem means.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks