Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2007, 15:15   #31
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Hmm, In Pak, Honda seems to have more options even in Civic with a VTi Oriel model with sun roof and it costs only about INR 10 lacs :(

However Accord (only AT option) seems to be priced at about INR 19 lacs.

See the link below

::Honda Pakistan::

The difference between the pricing may be due to our goverment levying duties, excise, taxes etc on imports (CBU or parts etc). I have a feeling the government may consider removing these duties or taxes on these imports - then the prices will drop.

Furthermore there was a sharp difference between car prices in India and Australia too (when I was there). Classic example being the CRV and X-Trail. Both were considered common man's cars unlike here . The CRV A/T sells for around AUD 34K which @ Rs 35 per AUD is approx 12Lac... shocking difference of around 6 lacs here!!!
Old 17th May 2007, 15:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
guys - ive been an owner of a HONDA CITY 1.5 EXI for last 2.5 years. the car is a 2001 model bought second hand. though i completely enjoy driving this car - the owner ship experience is not something im really happy about - especially when a 2.5 lakh alto owner gets a FAR FAR SUPERIOR ownership experience than i get from HONDA......

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY WELCOME THE SX4 and i SINCERELY WISH IT GIVES THE CITY A SERIOUS RUN FOR ITS MONEY AND LITERALLY BRINGS HONDA TO ITS FEET ( WHICH IS WHERE IT HAS BEEN ALL ALONG KEEPING ITS CUSTOMERS )

Narayan, sundaram honda is known for delay and exorbitant billing. I had come across a lots of cases, where many get frustrated owning a honda for high maintenance costs primarily due to SUNDARAM HONDA.

Alternatively you can try out Capital Honda, which has taken Honda dealership recently. Currently they dont offer pick up services.

or

You can try out Electra Automotive at OMR road next to Cars India.

I had pm'd you both contact person and number of Capital and Electra
Old 17th May 2007, 15:37   #33
Team-BHP Support

whatever said and done honda is a lil over hyped, only thing i like is refinement (city actually too refined for my taste, remember gal car post ??) and relatively better FE.

Honda "feels" flimsy, trust me living with OHC 2 for 40 k kms qualifies me to that statement and bloody thing just crumpled with the rear end bang it had with a santro.

Suspension became wayward and soft by the time the car reached 40 k (mostly bangalore roads). Comparing to my ol iKON, tyres became hard on iKON but the suspension was taut as ever till the day i let her go, not a single annoying sound, while honda felt as if the lower arm just lost it.

Plastics started showing age and falling apart even with best of upkeep, interiors went for a toss, as in rapid aging, every 5k km car used to get 3M job even then.

Front glass used to slip off from winder and once got stuck.

AC compressor just failed!! had to be replaced at 30,000 Rs at some 30k kms!!

Service was ok ok, and second visit was common, inspite of having contact with the Senior manager in whitefield honda at that time.

Coming to Crv, car has again done some 30k kms, front suspension is already loose on suspension front, and dealer cant figure out and wont admit and refer the sounds to the plastic clad in front.

One "side rear view mirror internals" cost some 12k.

Wont give more than 7-8 kmpl no matter how you drive in Bangalore city, and will stretch max to 11-12 kms on a highway if you drive within 100 kph and drop to 9 to 10 kmpl if you push it.

Clutch has become hard as hell, my iKON and even Swift D clutch feels like feather

You want me to go on ??

hey its just another car/manufacturer yes it might be relatively reliable & FE but does have its own stupid idiocity associated and we the users who hype it to glory.

Again i will ask you guys, how many of us will come forward and write a honest review (this doesnt mean you hate your car), admit to shortfalls instead of blindly getting onto each others head???

As far as Honda as a manufacturer, they are smart to make use of the image they have in India and make more money, that way i would side TATA atleast they dont overprice the product and atleast do extend the warranty covers to almost everything under the sun.

Honda maybe for me, when i want to buy an electric car, otherwise absolute NO!!

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th May 2007 at 15:50.
Old 17th May 2007, 16:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

Gear Box

"the amazingly sleek and accurate gear-box...I haven't seen any other manual transmission this good in any car below 10 lacks..."

Hai Anand,

Have you tried the Ford Fusion; please test drive it, it has the best gear box in the under 10 Lac segment, the wire controlled system is like butter and feels as if it is sucked in.

Please feel it to believe it.

Happy Driving,

==Ramky

----------------------

Last edited by ramkya1 : 17th May 2007 at 16:08.
Old 17th May 2007, 17:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Who says civic is cheaper in Pakistan... they are even badly ripped errrrrrrrr robbed!
Models Available Ex-Factory Price (Pak Rs.)
i-VTEC Manual Transmission Rs: 1,329,000.00
i-VTEC Prosmatec Transmission Rs: 1,369,000.00
VTi Oriel - Manual Transmission Rs: 1,459,000.00
VTi Oriel - Prosmatec Transmission Rs: 1,499,000.00

And these are ex factory prices, add in taxes + dealer margins + transit costs.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 17th May 2007 at 17:09.
Old 17th May 2007, 17:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

Honda in my opinion has always been overhyped. I don't know why the previous city was such a success, the interiors were sheeer crap, sat in a 36000 kms run city and it was rattling as if it had spent all that time on a vibration bench, a 70k's run palio in comparison was a dream with no squeaks or rattles to speak off even though it was a company car. Agreed the engine was awesome and if present it still would have been, but thats about it. It gave you zilch in the name of luxury, didnt even had moulded roof, rattled like crazy and to top it all the Vtec costed almost a million rupees shod with the most insipid alloys i have ever seen on a car.
The new city is a lot better and a cheaper... says a lot about the changed mindset that Honda has now and it also shows with the pricing of the new Accord. The city doesnt looks overpriced when you compare it to the older city, it looks better (arguable but better for most), drives better (not for the enthusiast, which 90% of the car buying public isnt), has better economy, and most importantly feel a hell lot better and you pay less than what you used to pay for the previous city.... that alone makes it a huge success. The market will surely evolve and slowly but surely, people will start asking questions, but honda is sitting pretty, they have a huge brand name and they only need to increase the perceived value of the city compared to the others in the segment and it will be a hotseller again. Its easy for honda and a lot difficult for others like maruti who have always faced difficulties trying to sell 6 lakh+ cars, coming from a people's car manufacturer, but things are changing and i hope it remains this way.
Old 17th May 2007, 20:33   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel View Post
I just saw an ad from honda for a road show at divyashree chambers (Bangalore) today!!

Maruti definitely has a problem on supply for the SX4 which they openly agree. If they cannot roll out the number of cars, people can trun back. Honda definitely can play around with their price, or relaunch with similar features...not sure if they can do that this year though!!!

-Neel
damn, maruti surely has an attitude problem w.r.t supplies. i am throughly disturbed with their delivery schedules for the sx4. after all i took one round of beating with swift, now it had to happen with sx4. if there are two reasons would buy a honda next time, it would be because by the time i sell my sx4, honda sure would have the airbag and abs option. and i sincerely want to think they will deliver the said colour at the said time whatever they quote.
Old 17th May 2007, 20:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
guys - ive been an owner of a HONDA CITY 1.5 EXI for last 2.5 years. the car is a 2001 model bought second hand. though i completely enjoy driving this car - the owner ship experience is not something im really happy about
Why do you feel so narayan? I m sure honda deserves better praise compared to lets say an alto !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
whatever said and done honda is a lil over hyped, only thing i like is refinement (city actually too refined for my taste, remember gal car post ??) and relatively better FE.

Honda "feels" flimsy, trust me living with OHC 2 for 40 k kms qualifies me to that statement and bloody thing just crumpled with the rear end bang it had with a santro.

Suspension became wayward and soft by the time the car reached 40 k (mostly bangalore roads). Comparing to my ol iKON, tyres became hard on iKON but the suspension was taut as ever till the day i let her go, not a single annoying sound, while honda felt as if the lower arm just lost it.

Plastics started showing age and falling apart even with best of upkeep, interiors went for a toss, as in rapid aging, every 5k km car used to get 3M job even then.

Front glass used to slip off from winder and once got stuck.

AC compressor just failed!! had to be replaced at 30,000 Rs at some 30k kms!!
So many issues jaggu? this is the first time i ve even heard of people facing so many issues with a honda . Anyways, this only proves there are things which are pressurizing honda too in their sales/service departments. But the SX4 surely is making a dent into any other car's sales this month!
Old 17th May 2007, 20:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

With the SX4 sending waves in the market, Honda can least afford to rest on their laurels and keep selling their products sans safety features such as ABS, EBD, dual airbags etc (as offered by the SX4) at a premium. Its high time the Honda boffins rolled up their sleeves and got down to transmute the NHC into a car that cares for the safety of its drivers and passengers
Old 18th May 2007, 03:07   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Hmm, In Pak, Honda seems to have more options even in Civic with a VTi Oriel model with sun roof and it costs only about INR 10 lacs :(

However Accord (only AT option) seems to be priced at about INR 19 lacs.

See the link below

::Honda Pakistan::
The Pakistan Civic has 140 horses, so that means their quality of fuel is better then ours.

Quote:
The CRV A/T sells for around AUD 34K which @ Rs 35 per AUD is approx 12Lac... shocking difference of around 6 lacs here!!!
Dude, 22Lacs is the price of the new CRV
Old 18th May 2007, 11:50   #41
BHPian

excellent thread. glad to see a lot of members share a similar opinion about Honda. While their quality has never been suspect, their pricing has always seemed to be a little 'unjustified' for lack of a better word.

really hope MUL does well with the SX4.
Old 18th May 2007, 11:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

OHC was so old already when it made its debut in India (based on a really old platform). I think people just liked it for the handling part. Personally I dont feel they are overhyped. With the cars that are available in India from other manufacturers, they do get more accolades. It is just that they are pricing them higher. But they will fall in line since Maruthi has made them and everyone re-think pricing and features.
Old 18th May 2007, 12:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

Guys, if we are doing a comparo between NHC and SX4, then it should be done in a fair and unbiased manner like what Bijoy @ BS Motoring did here (Top Story - SX4 the City - Business Standard Motoring)

But, here the thread initator & some others seems to be biased towards SX4 and infact ridiculing Honda City and its owners too!
Old 18th May 2007, 13:30   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
The Pakistan Civic has 140 horses, so that means their quality of fuel is better then ours.
Can't quite agree... Its because of the fact that Civic isnt assembled locally there... its imported and hence not really modified to suit local conditions.
Old 18th May 2007, 13:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Can't quite agree... Its because of the fact that Civic isnt assembled locally there... its imported and hence not really modified to suit local conditions.
Sometimes i wish i was in Pakistan
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks