Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2021, 07:18   #31
BHPian

Re: Same car but different brand | Is it good or bad?

I had an off topic doubt when I was reading this thread. Is it possible to get a Baleno serviced in Toyota dealership and a Glanza in Maruti dealership?
Old 15th October 2021, 12:40   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazonater1911 View Post
I had an off topic doubt when I was reading this thread. Is it possible to get a Baleno serviced in Toyota dealership and a Glanza in Maruti dealership?
Not possible, no dealership would take a car that does not belong to their company. Maybe Toyota's T-Serv and certain smaller Maruti service center will cater to your demand but no Dealership will do that.

Last edited by Black_Star : 15th October 2021 at 12:42. Reason: spelling
Black_Star is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 10:58   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshY1 View Post
That's what running a for-profit business is all about - executing the 80-20 principle. If I can identify what 20% of my actions are going to bring me 80% results, then that's all I need to do consistently for a very long time to deliver huge ROI.

Often, simple, common sense things and decisions impact the bottomline in the most profound ways.
Agreed to your point that business is about making profits, but it kills innovation. Best example is Toyota who is acing the rebadge strategy these days, causing no launch of actual Toyota cars in India. It's the end customer who will suffer, and I feel this is not good for a market.
Old 17th October 2021, 17:55   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by partishs View Post
Agreed to your point that business is about making profits, but it kills innovation. Best example is Toyota who is acing the rebadge strategy these days, causing no launch of actual Toyota cars in India. It's the end customer who will suffer, and I feel this is not good for a market.
With Brezza rebadge, they're leaving the room open for smaller players like Magnite, Kiger. There are times when demand and finances justify spending on fresh RnD. This is not that time for Toyota. End customer suffers when there's a monopoly or duopoly. That's clearly not the case. For the Baleno/Glanza 1.2NA alternative, we have i20 with 1.2 NA, 1.0 turbo, 1.5D, Altroz 1.2 NA, 1.2 turbo, 1.5D. Not to mention the long list of small SUV options in the market.

Buyers have plenty of choices currently in the market. I wish Toyota brought the Miata to India CKD/CBU. After all, it has the same engine as the Yaris. But I understand why they don't. By not bringing MX5, they're only leaving the field open for someone else. If small convertibles were that profitable, someone would have brought a model to India already. The market decides when it's ready for innovation. There's no point in working hard on new tech or product only to have it fall flat on its face.
Old 24th October 2021, 14:17   #35
BHPian

The loss figure 55 cr of Toyota is very negligible compared to their revenue.
They should recover in no time.
Auto enthusiast should not be over joyed because of this & start thinking end of Toyota in India is nearing.
Given that company is grand father of mfg by evolving famous TPS ( Toyota production system ), i dont think, their operating margin will be under threat.
Just beacause they dont make & sell enthusiastic cars, one should not feel good about it making marginal loss.
Ultimately business sense prevails, otherwise many exotic car makers would not have gone under hammer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks