Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2007, 10:38   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I would say Better late than Never!

But I never understood the logic of Fiat India of downgrading 1.2 engine to 1.1, for mileage conscious junta, 1.2 NV engine with a FE of 12 - 13 kmpl was good enough and for performance enthuisiasts 1.6 was always there!
ya, better late then never, FIAT introduced 1.1 so that they could tell the aam janata that we have a very fuel efficient car( less CC more mileage funda) & also they were pitching it against 1.1 Santro & 1.1 Getz & in some ways Auto i mean Alto 1.1.. still feel driveability of Stile 1.1 8V is good..

Hope FIAT revives in india & the next decade belongs to them...

waiting for Linea,

FIAT, always.....
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:02   #32
BHPian

Hi, Wrote to Fiat reg. when the 16 valve 1.1 is going to come out and this is the reply I got:

"As of now we dont have any plans of introducing 16 valve engine in the Fiat Palio 1.1 Stile. "

Could be the official statement as everyone would then stop buying the 8 valve version and FIat would end up with huge inventory costs.
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:04   #33
BHPian

Fiat turning sensitive to market sentiments is a great news. And i hope they will do something for interiors as well.
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:13   #34
BHPian

Reacting to market sentiment or whatever, one of the highest depreciation that I have seen is in FIAT.

If you buy the car, don't ever think of selling it at a later date, once past its prime, you can use it as a sit out in your yard.
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:22   #35
BHPian

Till now, I've not seen a FIAT Palio Stile on road in bangalore.. Has anobody seen one in bangalore ?
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:53   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_kc View Post
Till now, I've not seen a FIAT Palio Stile on road in bangalore.. Has anobody seen one in bangalore ?
Saw one couple of weeks back, on ORR. Guess it was on its way to Aricent.
Old 23rd May 2007, 12:47   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Saw one couple of weeks back, on ORR. Guess it was on its way to Aricent.
if it was a reddish one, that was most probably me and that was a TD car of the 1.1. (with the odo disconnected )
Old 13th February 2008, 22:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for bumping old thread, but is the 16 valve Stile launched yet?
Old 13th February 2008, 22:41   #39
BHPian

no way !! maybe Fiat don't have enough money in banks to upgrade existing models in India.
Old 14th February 2008, 00:51   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Had read a ticker on NDTV Profit yesterday-' Tata has sold 1300 Fiats this year.'
Go to any TATA agency ask for FIAT and u'll see how cold he is about it.
A little through the conversation he'll suggest that you consider indica or indigo instead, how its better powered and also will offer a huge discount in the tata cars, nothing on the FIAT.
Unless someone really likes FIAT or/& Hates TATA or/& is a FIAT fan, wouldn't go in for the FIAT.
Crap attitude of the TATA sales guys.
Old 14th February 2008, 10:55   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
A little through the conversation he'll suggest that you consider indica or indigo instead, how its better powered and also will offer a huge discount in the tata cars, nothing on the FIAT.
Unless someone really likes FIAT or/& Hates TATA or/& is a FIAT fan, wouldn't go in for the FIAT.
It is really surprising that FIAT's inability to anticipate ground level issues.
Old 14th February 2008, 11:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
I don't think it's about attitude. Palio is a extremely difficult car to sell. Who wants to be barraged with questions on low FE, expensive spares, Fiat's commitment to India etc etc. Also Indica/Indigo's are more visible on our roads compared to Palio. The average car buyer anywhere in the world automatically thinks that low sales = bad product. If it's going to take 10 times the effort to convince someone to buy a Palio compared to the Indica, anyone will take the easy way out.

The only thing that can bring an upswing in Palio sales is another successful product from them. If the Linea/GP start selling well then there maybe a trickle down effect on the Palio.
Old 14th February 2008, 12:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

Well the reason we bought the 1.4 Xeta over the 1.2 palio for CNG based daily commuting was simply on the specs. Xeta trumped the 1.2 palio + we heard horror stories of waiting for spares (that was when 1.1 wasnt on scene and Tata reps werent interested in selling palio so were giving all kinda rumors).
Old 14th February 2008, 14:17   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I don't think it's about attitude. Palio is a extremely difficult car to sell. Who wants to be barraged with questions on low FE, expensive spares, Fiat's commitment to India etc etc. Also Indica/Indigo's are more visible on our roads compared to Palio. The average car buyer anywhere in the world automatically thinks that low sales = bad product. If it's going to take 10 times the effort to convince someone to buy a Palio compared to the Indica, anyone will take the easy way out.
Palio bashing started again...The problem is with the company not with the car.

-BSR
Old 14th February 2008, 16:39   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao_battula View Post
Palio bashing started again...The problem is with the company not with the car.

-BSR
Fiat has to do something in selling the cars in Indian market, all other companies are using Fiat engines and making more money.

But Fiat is not interested in making a market in India, hope they will at the earliest come up with good plan in Indian market.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks